“Don't miss out - a fabulous find!”

Backstreet Simply Delicious
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: House specialties include local seafood, steak and pasta. The special board is always loaded with local favorites like baby lamb chops, crab imperial and more. The bread is made fresh daily and desserts are made in house. We are BYOB.
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We travel back east every summer from St Louis, MO and crave fresh local seafood. We are always pleased with the variety and quality at McGlades's Backstreet. We've had flounder with dill, pan fried catch of the day, crabcakes and linguine with clams, to name just a few - all outstanding and served hot, right from the kitchen. The meals here are a five star experience, but on a budget; in my opinion, the best seafood and best value in Cape May.

Reviewed December 29, 2009

My husband and I were at McGlade's Backstreet Cafe back in the fall and what a superb meal we had!
The food was to die for and the service was exceptional! All the food is home cooked and is delicious!
We will put this restaurant on our "keeper" list! Thanks for a wonderful culinary and dining experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2009

Despite the fact that we had a reservation, we were seated at a terrible table, right by the front door. The hostess refused to change our table, even though there were other tables available. After being seated, we were ignored. We finally walked out after 30 minutes! Would never go there again.

4  Thank Jerseygirl016
Reviewed November 9, 2009

November 2009 - We were seated at 7:00PM, ordered at 7:10Pm and still no food at 8:00PM...Not even our salad.
This is their slow season...how do they handle customers in the summer season...I know I will never try to find out.

3  Thank Mondula
Reviewed October 24, 2009

At the advice of some locals, I had taken my family to McGlades Backstreet for dinner. They LOVED it. To quote my wife, "the sea bass rocks". My sister-in-law, " the salmon eats like dessert, and melts in your mouth." Everyone enjoyed it so much, we went back there for breakfast, and again were impressed. My daughter loved the French toast. Overall, would highly recommend. Be sure to call ahead for reservations, as it was crowded the days we ate there.