“Yum Yum”

Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in West Cape May
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: House specialties include local seafood, steak and pasta. The special board is always loaded with local favorites like baby lamb chops, crab imperial and more. The bread is made fresh daily and desserts are made in house. We are BYOB.
Philadelphia
“Yum Yum”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

At the advice of some locals, I had taken my family to McGlades Backstreet for dinner. They LOVED it. To quote my wife, "the sea bass rocks". My sister-in-law, " the salmon eats like dessert, and melts in your mouth." Everyone enjoyed it so much, we went back there for breakfast, and again were impressed. My daughter loved the French toast. Overall, would highly recommend. Be sure to call ahead for reservations, as it was crowded the days we ate there.

New Jersey
“Amazing baby lamb chops”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

What a great find! After reading other reviews and talking to our innkeepers, Doug & Anna Marie (The Queen Victoria B&B) we had them make a reservation for this past Friday night. We weren't disappointed. The restaurant is small and noisy, but we were there for the food and are we glad we went. We each had a salad - his was the caesar, and mine was the warm goat cheese salad. Both were delicious. I had the baby lamb chops and had a "When Harry Met Sally" moment. They were so amazing. My husband, who doesn' t like lamb tasted them and said he would probably eat them. The mashed sweet potatoes are like eating candy. Chef Theresa wouldn't give up her secret ingredient. My husband had the crab imperial which he truly enjoyed.

For desert I had the coconut custard pie - great way to end the evening. My husband had the bananas foster - very, very good, but too much for one after a filling meal.

Definitely a place we will return to.

Pittsburgh
“Worth waiting all year for!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2009

McGlades Backstreet is to die for! My family and I always go to cape may every summer for 2 weeks and we go to McGlades at least 4 nights, and we all talk about it throughout the year and how we can not wait to eat the delicious, well prepared, and outstanding food!! Whenever we go we also all get at least 3 courses! My favorite is the bisque, the warm goat cheese salad, and the asparagus with lump crab meet for appetizers. For my main meal, the pan fry is always delicious, as well as the lamb chops or any of the specials. For desert the banana foster, the cobblers, and the key lime pies are fantastic! The service at McGlades is always great and the chef makes everything herself! McGlades should be on everyones list as the #1 place to go when you arrive in Cape May!

Stony Brook
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local Atmosphere, World Class Food”
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Put succinctly, great food, warm atmosphere, good service. If you're in Cape May, eat here at least once.

1 Thank aurubin
PA
“May be small, but simply amazing!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I started out with the Shrimp and Lobster bisque and it was amazing! The Pan Fried Fish was off the charts for my meal.The Banana's Fosters was also...simply amazing! If you are in Cape May, check McGlade's Backstreet out for sure!