“Fantastic Dinner at Backstreet”

Backstreet Simply Delicious
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: House specialties include local seafood, steak and pasta. The special board is always loaded with local favorites like baby lamb chops, crab imperial and more. The bread is made fresh daily and desserts are made in house. We are BYOB.
nj
“Fantastic Dinner at Backstreet”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My husband and I recently had dinner here while on vacation. I am so happy I read about this place on trip advisor. I started with a spinach salad that was delicious and my husband had the lobster bisque which had big chunks of lobster and shrimp in it. For entrees my husband ordered a special which was fish and I had the filet mignon. Both of our meals were wonderful. Backstreet offers a good selection and then has a good amount of nightly specials that are written on two big blackboards. We shared the peach cobbler for dessert and it was AMAZING. The service was great and it is BYOB. The prices here a very reasonable especially when all the food is so good. We are looking forward to coming back.

Northfield
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We recently stayed in Cape May and were guided to the Backstreet Cafe. Our dinner was the best we have experienced in the area. The food was so delicious that we ate at the backstreet for 2 of our 3 night dinner options. Not only was the food terrific but our server was delightful. She recommended a cobbler for desert stating that it was world reknown and after sharing 2 at our table I believe she was right...What a great overall experience.

New Jersey
“Excellent. Fresh ingredients perfectly prepared. Unpretentious and friendly spot”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I went to this restaurant several years ago and it was just so-so. But, a recent visit surprised me with a completely new experience. I'd rank this as one of the best meals I've had out in the Cape May in quite some time. The party I was with ordered a wide selection of entrees and all were flavorful and expertly prepared. I had the filet and it was wonderful. A great piece of meat cooked to perfection. An asparagus starter, which was sauteed in garlic and olive oil and nicely seasoned with pecorino romano cheese on was simple yet delicious. The peach cobbler (which must be ordered at the time of your entree) was great.

Hoboken
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Spot in Cape May AND West Cape May...”
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I have been going to McGlade's Backstreet for years now, and everytime I go there's something new to try...and everytime it's wonderful. From the Pecan crusted fish that tastes like it was caught that day, to the grilled asparagus appetizer that's topped with mounds of the biggest lump crab meat iIve ever seen, this place is the best spot in Cape May county. If you wait to go until mid-July you might be lucky enough to get one of their amazing fresh fruit cobblers, served fresh from the oven and topped with ice cream. Peach is my favorite. If you go to Cape May, and don't go to McGlade's Backstreet, you're missing out on the best food you can ask for.

1 Thank moose09
manchester
“fabolous food,wonderful staff:)”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

This is one of the best restaurants in west cape may! The food was superb and the wait staff goes the extra mile. This is a winner!
D.G. Manchester,CT