“Glad We Stopped!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dublin, Ohio
“Glad We Stopped!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were going back into Cape May after a visit to the lighthouse. Just wanted a quick bite to eat, and we noticed this little place tucked into a run-of-the-mill old strip mall. Walked, sat down, and was greeted by a very pleasant young man who accommodated our sometimes demanding diet requirements with ease.

My wife had the Chicken Kebob (asked for and received on a very fresh bed of greens instead of rice per request). I sampled it, and the chicken was wonderfully seasoned and grilled. The vegetables were delightful. I had the Mediterranean Salad with shrimp. Very fresh and delicious.

The place, while small, was very comfortable and tidy. And the service, as noted, was pleasant and attentive.

I would gladly return here, and would recommend for anyone wishing to get that delicious "quick bite"

• Visited August 2012

Philadelphia
“Went once, unpleasant experience, but that could just be me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Found the service to be uninformed and uninviting. The set up isn't welcoming, so perhaps consider take-away if you want to try their food while in Cape May. The falafel hummus sandwich was dry (insufficient hummus and no tahini). I order this combo a lot in various places in Philadelphia so I know what a good one tastes like. While the mgr seemed to want to correct the situation, it was only after somewhat dramatically tossing my sandwich into the trash then giving me same thing a second time. It could have been my fault in not properly communicating. But I think I'd rather brave the lines/crazy ressie system of George's than to come here again. Hubbie wasn't in the least impressed, either, and he's less fussy than I am.

Visited August 2012
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, United States
“Still looking for Mediterranean”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

It started on 6-27-12.I was looking for a nice Greek salad with a toasted pita.my wife ordered a gyro platter.my daughter ordered fried calamari.First the drinks came an the ice tea taste like it was mixed with soda.Next the calamari came and it was chewy and had a pre breaded bread crumb .Must have been frozen and breaded.Next the salad.Somebody needs to read a recipe.It was mesculin mix lettuce with tomato,cucumber,feta an black olives with convenience dressing on the side.Where was the Greek olives.romaine lettuce,onions,fresh red vingerette.I than received white soggy pita bread which the waitress called hummus.She gave me tzyki sauce instead.My wife get a gyro platter with slabs of half inch thick beef gyro meat.Looked like thin cuts of steak.What a shame.I've been in the food business for 30 years .So I know what I am talking about.they could have a great opportunity because it is the only meditrranean business around.I never right any reviews but I was really pissed.

• Visited June 2012
Edison, New Jersey
“Good for a quick meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

This restaurant is in a strip mall along a pizza place and a desert/crepes place. I had originally gone to the location in hopes of getting savory crepes from the desert place, however they were not yet set up for anything besides sweet crepes. Jo Jo is right next door. I walked in to a dimly lit room (not in a creepy way, more of a romantic evening with candles way) and ordered a falafel with cucumber sauce and a small side of tabbouleh to go. The food was acceptable, and as this was the only Mediterranean restaurant in the area, I was pleased. The falafel was adequate though a bit mild for my tastes. There was no red sauce in the falafel and the gentleman behind the counter did not offer any. The price was a bit high compared to other falafel places, but on par with other restaurants in Cape May.

Visited June 2012
Succasunna, New Jersey
“Total enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

If you would like something different than the usual Cape May fare, try Jo Jo Mediterranean Grill. We were a party of 10 so we called ahead. The place is extremely small. They had the table ready when we arrived . The server was extremely pleasant and the food was really good. Humus was home made and wonderful. We all enjoyed our meal. Seems most of their business is take-out. Really worth a try if you want Mediterranean food.

• Visited August 2011