The hotel, which is quite new, has nice rooms. The superior rooms have views of the pool and the nearby golf course while the de luxe rooms have just the parking lot as views from the rooms. The difference is just $10 so we dedided on the superior room since it is nearer the pool where we plan to swim. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. You have a choice of 1 king sized bed or 2 double sized bed.
The girl at the reception has this indifferent attitude when we checked in and when we checked out. She gives monosyllabic answers to your questions and acts like you are supposed to be very thankful for being allowed to check in. No attempts to make you comfortable as hotel guests and no attempts to give suggestions to your convenience. The hotel management should sign up for a customer relations seminar for their staff for their own sake especially the front desk staff since they give first impressions of the hotel to incoming guests.
The parking lot is located at the back near the entrance to the casino but since we have a kid who wouldn't be allowed inside the casino, we have to drive to the front entrance again to enter the hotel and then drive back again to park.
The other staff (bellboy, butler, security gurads, etc.) are ok although room service for food orders takes ages to arrive.
The casino smells awful and is not very conducive to a long stay except when you're a casino fanatic. and you do not care about your surroundings. The smell of stale smoke engulfs you as you enter. The band playing even on a weekend is so-so. Not a very pleasant place to stay.
The swimming pool is guarded by staff who are so strict that only checked in guests can swim even though we were the only ones swimming. So our guests who came all the way from Manila were not able to swim.
My advise: go somewhere else for a resort where you will enjoy more and if gambling is what you're looking for, go to the the Casino Filipino everywhere else in the Philippines. Travelling all the way out here is not worthwhile at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched in a highland valley along the Sierra Madre range, Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal is more than the usual quiet mountain sanctuary. It’s a luxury getaway that provides a spectacular setting for you to relax, rejuvenate, and rediscover yourself. Our 41-suite luxury resort is a sprawling mass of lush tropical greenery and elegant interior design. To meet your sophisticated business and leisure demands, we offer world-class services and amenities – all set within easy reach from Manila. Relax. Escape from the buzz and bustle of the urban city and feel the elegant vibe of our modern, organically-accented suites, all of which offer breathtaking views of Laguna Bay during daytime and of the Manila skyline at night. Then visit any of the resort’s themed restaurants: the Pool Bar for the perfect al fresco barbecue adventure, The KOI Restaurant, A converging place for families and friends. Serves the distinct Asian Fusion cuisine and is an ideal venue for any gathering or celebration, the quiet Mediterranean-inspired Nueva Laguna for a private, romantic rendezvous, or the Cabana Bar for a lively, upbeat party with bands and shows catering to an exclusive crowd. Rejuvenate. Take a dip into Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal’s aqua blue infinity pool, surrounded by a manicured tropical leisure area with a palm, rustic feel. Nearby, there’s a Jacuzzi for an even more intimate plunge, or you may perfect your swing at the adjacent 18-hole championship Golf course. Inside the resort, open 24/7 for leisure, recreational luxury, and entertainment, is an international casino. Rediscover. Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal is at an inspired location with a thriving creative community: Binangonan, the art capital of the Philippines. At the foothills of the resort, you can find and explore a rich cultural patina of art houses, studios, galleries, museums, and heritage sites. Find new ways of self-expression and rediscover yourself in this flourishing setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal Hotel Binangonan
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal Philippines/Binangonan