Resubmitting: This is a copy of the e-mail I sent to service/manager. I will just make this as my review. I have to change/add some or translate words so everybody can understand this review.
I finally got the chance to sit and e-mail you. First and foremost thank you for trying to meet our needs. We enjoyed our stay December 26-28 but there are couple of things that I think you should know about our stay and maybe pass on to your manager or owner of the resort.
With what we paid we expected something better. Our first night,we were amazed with the place,the view is beautiful and majority of the staff were helpful and friendly. Our room #110 was nice and big (facing the hot tub /bay) and with a small balcony but there were molds on the ceiling of the bathroom and because we're tired we just didn't ask to be transferred. The toilet didn't function well, we had to call someone to fix it so it would flushed better,still the pressure of the water wasn't enough. They gave us towels that were old and I had to request for nicer ones :) I also had to ask for a comforter and the housekeeping said they don't provide that but they can give us Blanket so we said okay. They should still have comforters as it gets cooler at night with the air condition of course. We wanted to be comfortable.
The swimming pool/vicinity smelled! My husband saw couple of guys drinking and urinating by the bushes! Do not let people trash your resort (waste or shame) and with how much guests pays,you should have someone making rounds to the property and make sure nobody's trashing the resort and also please ask people (kids and adults) to shower first before they jump in the hot tub or swimming pool. We informed someone about this. I guessed he was the manager?
I think we can understand why (you're expensive) maybe to keep locals or people (who will make the place look ordinary) too expensive for Rizal area. We stayed in some five star hotels in Cebu and Manila and some of them were a little less than your rate and have better amenities/service.
The transportation just to be dropped off is also too high how can other people afford it? We stayed in another resort and from their resort to close by areas is only php 350-450 yours was php 700.
Anyway, I know different hotels/resorts got different rates. The resort is nice just improve on some areas/flaws and I'm sure you'll have good reviews and you won't hear me complain about the room rates :) if you charge people high rates,you have to maintain higher standard and quality don't settle on 'it's okay but No! this is not acceptable'. Don't settle on becoming low class hotel,because the rate is high aim high also in quality. Right? People are paying for it.
I don't mean to offend you or your resort but someone has to say this so you'll know and improve. Let's just say some people to include us have high standard for cleanliness and quality especially if you pay that kind of price. Its not about how much a person can pay and the name of the facility,but what you can also get with what you are paying for. Is it worth it or not?
With this said,we will still stay there if we're in the area. We just hope that with this review,you'll do better next time.
We also have some friends asking for the hotel telephone numbers. I'll send them to your resort regardless.
P.S I took a picture of the Christmas decors at the casino and when we got to the elevator going back to our room,the guard stopped me and asked to see the pictures. I said I know it's prohibited I only took the pictures or the Xmas decors not the machines :) So keep that in mind.
The casino smells so strong/cigarette odor. Take the stairs!
The food was good (we enjoyed our meal with friends at the Koi restaurant and it's good food so it's okay) staff were friendly and Ambiance is great so don't let people trash it.
Hope this helps travelers.
MarJoerie R- USA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched in a highland valley along the Sierra Madre range, Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal is more than the usual quiet mountain sanctuary. It’s a luxury getaway that provides a spectacular setting for you to relax, rejuvenate, and rediscover yourself. Our 41-suite luxury resort is a sprawling mass of lush tropical greenery and elegant interior design. To meet your sophisticated business and leisure demands, we offer world-class services and amenities – all set within easy reach from Manila. Relax. Escape from the buzz and bustle of the urban city and feel the elegant vibe of our modern, organically-accented suites, all of which offer breathtaking views of Laguna Bay during daytime and of the Manila skyline at night. Then visit any of the resort’s themed restaurants: the Pool Bar for the perfect al fresco barbecue adventure, The KOI Restaurant, A converging place for families and friends. Serves the distinct Asian Fusion cuisine and is an ideal venue for any gathering or celebration, the quiet Mediterranean-inspired Nueva Laguna for a private, romantic rendezvous, or the Cabana Bar for a lively, upbeat party with bands and shows catering to an exclusive crowd. Rejuvenate. Take a dip into Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal’s aqua blue infinity pool, surrounded by a manicured tropical leisure area with a palm, rustic feel. Nearby, there’s a Jacuzzi for an even more intimate plunge, or you may perfect your swing at the adjacent 18-hole championship Golf course. Inside the resort, open 24/7 for leisure, recreational luxury, and entertainment, is an international casino. Rediscover. Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal is at an inspired location with a thriving creative community: Binangonan, the art capital of the Philippines. At the foothills of the resort, you can find and explore a rich cultural patina of art houses, studios, galleries, museums, and heritage sites. Find new ways of self-expression and rediscover yourself in this flourishing setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal Hotel Binangonan
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal Philippines/Binangonan