“Nothing special except for the fresh air.”

Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Binangonan
quezon city
“Nothing special except for the fresh air.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Let me start by saying Timberland is way way better than Thunderbird.

Went on Saturday, stayed for an overnight from Manila to the resort will take you about 45mins to 1 hour depends on traffic as always, I took the Manila cainta angono route on the way to Thunderbird, took me an hour. Upon reaching we were greeted by hotel staff and they are very helpful. The concierge and checking inn is a breeze, staff showed us our room and its big! two queens for 2 families, so I requested 2 more extra beds, BTW they are not strict on how many persons will stay in a room. P4,500 and night plus the 2 extra beds cost 600 each I think is a steal, cable tv cold ceiling mounted aircon mini ref and the bathroom is big too, hot and cold strong shower! Complete with basic grooming and kits, mini bar.

So upon settling in, as usuall my kids want to jump in the pool at once, pool is not that big, Jacuzzi not that hot, overlooking some trees hehe and laguna de bay, the gold course is big very green!

So I ordered triple decker sandwich with French fries and it took maybe close to an hour to make it wow! kids got hungry so I ordered the thunder burger and it took another hour again geez! Then I found out the kitchen is so far from the pool. Dinner at the Koi restaurant beside the casino. dinner was regular, not that affordable, food ranges 300 up on a small serving, and not that many choices. We had free breakfast buffet for 4 person the next day, and we payed for my 3 kids for the price of 1, buffet was regular too, Filipino continental and American breakfast, taste good to be fair, we had breakfast late so its more like a brunch hehe.

I did bring my bike and my kids bike so we went biking around the resort it was fun, cool mountain air, Bike rentals is also available at the resort at a fair price, we went to the petroglyph site near the resort and it was awesome! it was my first time to see 3000bc rock carvings.

Overall the resort is average to good, if you have a thing for casinos or golfing then this resort is for you, I didn't checked it out just peeked thru it hehe.

Timberland is much closer to the city, way better facilities, 3 big pools, kids play place, rock climbing, wide choices of food at very affordable prices 200 up. Trail running and bike trails outside the resort, better city and lake view no obstructions, and about the same overnight stay price of 4000 plus a night.

Well hope you like it, thanks for reading my personal review.

Room Tip: Opt for the pool and laguna lake view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank dragster180
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Dragster180,

I am pleased to know that you had a hassle free check-in experience and that you were satisfied with our accommodation standards.

However, it is with sincere regret that you had an unpleasant dining experience in our poolside dining area. Rest assured that I have taken serious note of this and had addressed this concern to our F&B team. I am happy to inform you though that our Olives Restaurant is close to opening by March 2014. This Italian concept restaurant will cater to your dining needs, a stone throw away from the swimming pool.

I would also like to inform you that we have recently started the ground breaking of our 1km Zipline which will be opened by May 2014. Also, the Archery Range, adjacent to our Obstacle Course, is near its completion and will be made available to you and your family and friends by end of March 2014. Simultaneously, we will open the Paintball Course to our guests on the same date. Likewise, the additional rooms and swimming pools are in the pipeline for this year’s expansion project. We have a lot of space to utilize and we are currently in the direction of developing our property to be a complete one-stop-shop Integrated Resort.

I also understand from your post above that you are a weekend bike warrior? I am happy to inform you that we do have a 7-10km Bike Trail available here in the property. I would like to personally invite you to join our “Padyakan sa Lagoon” Anniversary Bike Race on the 12th of April 2014. I am sure you and your kids will enjoy the trail and the race itself complete with race packs and buffet lunch.

Thank you for taking time to inform us of your experience in our hotel. It is through this feedback such as yours that enables us to improve the quality of our products and services.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to let me know through mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com so I can personally attend to your immediate concerns.

Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Booked in December for a short getaway. The place is quite far, view of Laguna deBay is so-so, no early check in, the room assigned to us has a parking lot view though spacious enough for a family. Dinner buffet was affordable. Pool is quite small. Immediately requested for an extra bed upon check in and was promised that it will be delivered after few hours. We already had dinner and the spare bed was still not in the room. I called the front desk and mentioned that they ran out of bed. Quite annoying and it took a while before they finally delivered a mattress! I stayed another night to attend a wedding but got sick so I just then decided to stay in the room. I asked for water but the front desk said it's already chargeable since they only provide 2 bottles per day but will just ask the housekeeper to deliver a pitcher of water! They charge like a 5star hotel but couldn't provide a water bottle worth PhP20 but can give a pitcher of filtered water from their dispenser! I totally don't get the difference as their bottled water is not even a branded one! Now what's even funnier was, considering I was sick, it took them an hour, yes 1hour, to deliver the water with tons of follow up calls at the front desk. The guy who delivered the water even had no idea that I've been waiting for an hour. No apology and no explanation received at all. Poor service, nothing special, boring place!

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Treveller_82
Dear Terveller_82,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to post a review in Trip Advisor.

It is with deep regret that you had experienced some delays in service during your stay in our Hotel recently. I would like you to know that I had taken serious record of your concern and have addressed this to our Front Office and Housekeeping Department respectively.

Again, thank you for taking time to inform us of your experience in our hotel. It is through this feedback such as yours that enables us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Hotel General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Binangonan hotels

Hartsdale, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed Here on 3 separate occasions in December while visiting in laws back in December who live about 15 minutes away in Rizal. The hotel had a great location with fantastic views of the surrounding countryside. The property also had great landscaping, and even though my room was on the first floor, we had a breathtaking view of the pool area as well as the country side. The room itself was very spacious and luxurious, not unlike casino hotel properties back in the states. The staff was great and the food was also very good. The only problem that we encountered, however, was the attached casino area. The casino reeked of stale cigarette smoke! Even the no smoking areas were permeated by the smell of cigarette smoke, since the whole casino is connected. Also, the slots were a little outdated. Not really a big deal though. since the rest of the hotel adventure made up for it. I would of given a 5 star rating, except for the casino areas,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Neal F
Dear Neal F,

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay here in our Hotel from the staff and service to the view and dining experience. It is always heartwarming to know that our guests enjoy their stay here on a repeat visit.

Let me take this opportunity to inform you that we are currently upgrading the cooling system, fresh air system and ducting system of our casino areas. This will address all concerns related to temperature, fresh air and cigarette smell. I am also pleased to inform you that we have recently opened around 100 new slot machines for the enjoyment of our patrons. Please visit us and find lady luck on your side.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was with a large group. We were all very impressed with the warm welcome we received, the very attentive staff, and the majestic views from the Thunderbird Resort. I am a strict vegetarian, which can provide challenges in the Philippines, but the kitchen at the Thunderbird was only too gracious to accommodate my needs and provide me with very tasty options. The rooms are large and spacious, mine had a view of the pool and the hillside surrounding the property. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. The bathroom was also spacious with separate shower and tub. The grounds are very picturesque. The pool itself was very nice. They are currently expanding and adding more to the pool area, also apparently adding a zipline, which should be quite amazing due to the elevation. Here's one anecdote to give you an example of the hospitality we received from the Thunderbird: I was out of minutes on my cell phone. I called down to the desk to see if they sold the right card for my particular plan. They had none, but immediately sent someone out to buy me one. Within a short time there was a knock on my door, the gentleman handed me the phone card. When I tried to pay I was told it was on the house. Talk about good customer service! I absolutely recommend the Thunderbird at Rizal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MrTravelMan25
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Got here for a 3d2n company meeting. Function room used has an odor evident for not being used for a long while. Food and service during the duration of our meeting were quite ok. Staffs were stationed in the area to attend to our needs. Room is big and clean. Got the one on the second floor facing the swimming pool and lake. So nice to finally breathe fresh air and see green pastures. Bed and pillows are so soft and light that it seems like trembling when my husband turned from side to side. My complain is not actually of the hotel itself but the lack of visible signs on the way to the location. The few signs along the way are small and the last turn from the main road to the resort has no sign which caused us to travel 30 minutes more. They should improve on this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank nancyyu69
Quezon City
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Overnight stay with my family. Loved the location as it was just near our home, Quezon City. A quick drive and we were there. Rooms were clean although we would preferred a room facing the lake. I heard later that ypu need to book early for this.

They serve lunch and dinner buffet at P299.00. My 4yr old got to eat for free. Of course this is apart from the inclusive breakfast buffet.

The kids loved the pool and jacuzzi. As it was the only resort in that area, it was quiet and relaxing.

We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank daytripper1021
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was looking for a place where my partner and i can spend time together for our monthsary and for his pre-departure surprise treat..this is not our first time at Thunderbird but it was pretty surprising as soon as we enter our room, all of my request for that nights surprise was made possible, flowers all over our king sized bed & bath tub, bottle of wine not to mention the lovely music playing while enjoying the scenic over looking view from our room. We ordered room service, food was really nice as well as the staff of the hotel and lastly, i shall give all the credit to Regina Alegre (sales) for doing extreme effort to satisfy customer's needs, she was outstanding and we had an awesome stay. Thunderbird should hire more employees like her. Thanks Thunderbird we will defintly see you again soon..! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yammygurl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binangonan
Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point
#5 of 22 in Pasig
Loreland Farm Resort
Loreland Farm Resort
#1 of 4 in Antipolo City

Been to Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal? Share your experiences!