Let me start by saying Timberland is way way better than Thunderbird.
Went on Saturday, stayed for an overnight from Manila to the resort will take you about 45mins to 1 hour depends on traffic as always, I took the Manila cainta angono route on the way to Thunderbird, took me an hour. Upon reaching we were greeted by hotel staff and they are very helpful. The concierge and checking inn is a breeze, staff showed us our room and its big! two queens for 2 families, so I requested 2 more extra beds, BTW they are not strict on how many persons will stay in a room. P4,500 and night plus the 2 extra beds cost 600 each I think is a steal, cable tv cold ceiling mounted aircon mini ref and the bathroom is big too, hot and cold strong shower! Complete with basic grooming and kits, mini bar.
So upon settling in, as usuall my kids want to jump in the pool at once, pool is not that big, Jacuzzi not that hot, overlooking some trees hehe and laguna de bay, the gold course is big very green!
So I ordered triple decker sandwich with French fries and it took maybe close to an hour to make it wow! kids got hungry so I ordered the thunder burger and it took another hour again geez! Then I found out the kitchen is so far from the pool. Dinner at the Koi restaurant beside the casino. dinner was regular, not that affordable, food ranges 300 up on a small serving, and not that many choices. We had free breakfast buffet for 4 person the next day, and we payed for my 3 kids for the price of 1, buffet was regular too, Filipino continental and American breakfast, taste good to be fair, we had breakfast late so its more like a brunch hehe.
I did bring my bike and my kids bike so we went biking around the resort it was fun, cool mountain air, Bike rentals is also available at the resort at a fair price, we went to the petroglyph site near the resort and it was awesome! it was my first time to see 3000bc rock carvings.
Overall the resort is average to good, if you have a thing for casinos or golfing then this resort is for you, I didn't checked it out just peeked thru it hehe.
Timberland is much closer to the city, way better facilities, 3 big pools, kids play place, rock climbing, wide choices of food at very affordable prices 200 up. Trail running and bike trails outside the resort, better city and lake view no obstructions, and about the same overnight stay price of 4000 plus a night.
Well hope you like it, thanks for reading my personal review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched in a highland valley along the Sierra Madre range, Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal is more than the usual quiet mountain sanctuary. It’s a luxury getaway that provides a spectacular setting for you to relax, rejuvenate, and rediscover yourself. Our 41-suite luxury resort is a sprawling mass of lush tropical greenery and elegant interior design. To meet your sophisticated business and leisure demands, we offer world-class services and amenities – all set within easy reach from Manila. Relax. Escape from the buzz and bustle of the urban city and feel the elegant vibe of our modern, organically-accented suites, all of which offer breathtaking views of Laguna Bay during daytime and of the Manila skyline at night. Then visit any of the resort’s themed restaurants: the Pool Bar for the perfect al fresco barbecue adventure, The KOI Restaurant, A converging place for families and friends. Serves the distinct Asian Fusion cuisine and is an ideal venue for any gathering or celebration, the quiet Mediterranean-inspired Nueva Laguna for a private, romantic rendezvous, or the Cabana Bar for a lively, upbeat party with bands and shows catering to an exclusive crowd. Rejuvenate. Take a dip into Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal’s aqua blue infinity pool, surrounded by a manicured tropical leisure area with a palm, rustic feel. Nearby, there’s a Jacuzzi for an even more intimate plunge, or you may perfect your swing at the adjacent 18-hole championship Golf course. Inside the resort, open 24/7 for leisure, recreational luxury, and entertainment, is an international casino. Rediscover. Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal is at an inspired location with a thriving creative community: Binangonan, the art capital of the Philippines. At the foothills of the resort, you can find and explore a rich cultural patina of art houses, studios, galleries, museums, and heritage sites. Find new ways of self-expression and rediscover yourself in this flourishing setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal Hotel Binangonan
- Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal Philippines/Binangonan