Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Loreland Farm Resort(Antipolo City)
$71
$65
  • Breakfast included
$39
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mariposa Budget Hotel(Taytay)(Great Value!)
$27
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
MySpace@BGC Hotel(Makati)(Great Value!)
$28
Mariposa Budget Hotel(Pasig)(Great Value!)
$22
  • Room Service
Victoria Court Panorama(Pasig)(Great Value!)
$52
$42
Jardin de Rosal Hotel(Pasig)(Great Value!)
$41
$33
Hotels.com
$137
$115
Agoda.com
Grand Hyatt Manila(Taguig City)
$175
Hyatt.com
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthunderbird resortgolf courseinfinity poolshuttle servicenice viewfunction roomlaguna bayburgerrelaxing placerecreational activitiesbig tubpool attendantbreathtaking viewscasino areaclean poolomeletvarious places
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We went there to just spend a chill weekend. And we achieved it! The hotel is so home-y. The staffs are accommodating and I can sense their friendliness in the air. Everybody's smiling. The crowd is okay, mainly families.

Our room is huge. We had ample space to do whatever we wanted - taebo exhibition, dance, etc.

We just experienced some inconvenience in terms of repeatedly asking for additional toiletries in our room. But we were in a very forgiving mood so that's okay. I hope they improve on this next time though.

Food in Koi restaurant is okay. It was not exceptionally delicious but definitely good enough for me and friends. And we love their eat-all-you-can promo for Php299 only. It was a good deal.

I just don't know if it's the 'season' of mosquitoes when we went there but there were lots and lots of mosquitoes!!! In the pool area most especially. We just decided to have some drinks inside the room instead of our initial plan to stay on the poolside.

I suggest also that the management think of some other activities for guests to enjoy. We did some biking around the area. The hotel has limited available bikes and the bikes need some serious greasing. Good thing the brakes still worked perfectly. Haha!

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. :)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Apolei1029
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I acquired this discounted deal online and used it on a Sunday overnight stay.

Transportation: It was pretty convenient for us to have a shuttle service to the resort from Ever Ortigas and back. Thanks for that Thunderbird Resort!

Room: They gave us a superior room and it felt like we were in a five-star hotel. Everything is clean and organized. The bathroom, it was great! I wish they do have some bath salts and liquid bath soap to go with the bath tub. There are towels for every need. The king size bed is really relaxing! Good job on your interiors! and a bonus terrace with a nice view!

Resort: Overall, the resort is clean and well organized. The pool is clean and big enough to have laps. They have strict rules on the pool which are good enough to keep the area organized and lenient enough to let you enjoy. The pool bar has a pool/billiards table and a videoke set up for guests' use. Security is really good. You will see guards everywhere even on wee hours of the night.

Food: Pool bar has the same menu as the Koi Restaurant. She ordered strawberry shake, expecting that it would be from fresh strawberry, but it tasted more like syrup based.
At Koi Restaurant, we ordered whipped potato, sweet and sour and the burger on ciabatta (which is their bestseller 'daw'). Sweet and sour was so so and the burger, not worth the money. The burger has no special taste but I guess the beef patty was homemade, dry on some parts, juicy on the remaining parts. But I do admire that superb customer service that we experienced. Keep that up.
I enjoyed the breakfast buffet a lot. Their Filipino food has a chef's touch on the taste, and the omelette, it was the best tasting omelette that I ever had so far. Keep that up too! It was almost 10am and food are still tasty.

Casino: The stench of cigarette is too strong inside the air conditioned casino. I even noticed an old woman made a hanky gask mask and tied it around her head. Yes, like a bandit. But good thing there are no smoking tables, but hey, you can't escape the cig stench still.
Beware about the free 300 betting ticket that came along with the deal. You have to shell out the same amount to be able to use it (600 bet). I ended up betting the 300 ticket, and a 500 chip. Good thing I won, so the dealer paid me 800, thus, only then the 300 ticket turned into chips/cash.
Their spa service was okay. Very affordable so you get what you paid for.

I am satisfied with our stay, so the deal was worth it. :)

I just hope they add other activities that can be done in the area aside from golf, casino, massage and swim.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mark_unlimited
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear mark_unlimited,

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay at Thunderbird Resorts Rizal.

Please let me take time to give you three good news of new facilities that will surely make you come back. First, we have recently opened two videoke rooms (non-smoking by the way) with modern set up and design for you to enjoy. We are also renovating the Spa to offer other services such as Foot and Scalp Massage, Body Scrubs and other new services and will be available by August 2013. We have also recently launched our new menus that you will surely enjoy in all our outlets.

For the entertainment facility, we have a new table game available which is called the Racing Card Derby and a sport betting station (MSW) including an OTB (Off Track Betting) station for you to try.

Please do come back and i will assist you on a tour on this new attractions in our resort.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com and I will be glad to assist you in all your needs.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nice place. You don't go there thinking it is a Resort as it is not. Everything we experience at this resort was heavenly. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful especially to the Rizal Reservations Agent Ms. Irene for giving attention to my anniversary request and to the pool attendant, I forgot the name. Our room was divine, very large and spacious, comfortable beds, and the balcony overlooking the pool with Laguna Lake view and golf course. Overall, great experience. So, if you looking for somewhere to travel, either for business or with a family then Thunderbird Resort in Rizal is an excellent option.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right building facing the pool and Laguna Lake view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ben Z,

We are pleased to know that you had an overall great experience at Thunderbird Resorts Rizal.

We are happy to know that you find our staff friendly and accommodating to your needs, especially the Reservation and Pool Services. We pride ourselves with our staff in dealing with our guests professionally and providing them with extra ordinary service at all times.

I would like to invite you back and experience our new amenities such as the newly opened Videoke Rooms, newly renovated Spa Room and Services as well as new Games in our Entertainment Facility.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com and I will be glad to assist you with your leisure or business requirements.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My gut feeling at first was right in trusting your Thunderbird Hotel to be the best place to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday.

The excellence in delivering that service extra-ordinaire for the event made us customers feel not only satisfied but truly very special indeed. And honestly, everything that I have been expecting from your hotel, from that gut feeling, came true and were met with special attention and care.

I would like to commend your supervisor for his outstanding job performance during that event. He was always there on our side all the time in support, and never failed to provide the services needed despite the great, great demands. May I have his good name please?

Special mention that should not be forgotten in fairness is the diligence of your staff assigned to the venue for their work, to include that appreciative and very polite service with a smile from your reception desk that morning of 01-June-2013.

She, that "petite" receptionist, provided us couple with that special attention and care as well, done in a simply "cute" manner.

Our guests in the event were truly impressed by the beauty and elegance of the venue setup and presentation that you had prepared for us, perfectly matching the programme we had prepared. This is very much appreciated, thank you so much.

That Birthday Debut Event was truly a success for all of us with a 100% positive feedback from the guests. Here's an initial comment..."ang ganda!". Another comment..."pang-network ang presentation overall from setup to programming".

I would like to take special mention again and commend Ms. Venus Bunuan's pro-active performance in connection. She did not waste any second in having this "success" possible between us. Thank you once more Ms. Venus.

Trust me, I will not hesitate to choose you hotel again the next time we need a venue for another special occassion. And I will not hesitate as well to vouch and recommend your hotel to patrons who are looking for one real good place to celebrate their own special moments.

It is my great pleasure to share with you the moments that we had all shared in putting up together. Please take a peek of the video in You Tube for that event and see how fabulous the event center setup was combined with the programme, entitled Myra @ 18 in 5 Parts (with Part 5 uploading still in process).

Thank you, thank you Ms. Jeannie for making our stay and experience in your Thunderbird Resort Hotel truly remarkable and memorable indeed, especially for every guest that were present in that 31-March-2013 event.

Best regards,

Ramoncito & Mylene Fernandez
rvfernandez21@hotmail.com
Tel. No. 368-2411
Mobile No. 09173403467

Room Tip: View from room facing the pool area is facinating, spacious, clean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Ramoncito Fernandez,

We are very pleased to know that you were overall satisfied with your event here at Thunderbird Resorts, Rizal.

We are happy to know that without hesitation you would choose our hotel again for your next special occasion and vouch and recommend us to guests looking for the same experience as you had.

Let me assure you that the employees you mentioned during your event had all won an award as Guest Favorite of the Month for 2013.

We strive everyday to provide that extra ordinary experiences to our guests and it is through this kind of message that we get our inspiration to achieve and give more of what is expected from us, being in the service industry.

Thank you for taking the time in informing us of your experience in our integrated resort and I will be expecting you back anytime soon.

Please do not hesitate to let me (mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia) know when your next visit is so we can "Thank You" back for your very wonderful and inspiring message.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The place was far enough to be private but finding the place, if it were your first time, was a bit of a pain...so, I strongly suggest you check out Google Maps first.

We went as a group -- 14 pax -- availing of Thunderbird's day tour promo for at least 12 persons worth Php1,500/pax with the following treats: free use of the infinity pool, set lunch and morning or afternoon snack, and a 4 hour use of a hotel room. Not at all a bad deal.

My group arrived at Thunderbird earlier than the other group who were with us but were going to the place on another vehicle. We thought we could get started by taking a dip in the pool but we were told that we had to pay the cost of everyone in the group first -- that's a whopping P21K by the way -- so, we decided to wait for everyone else to arrive. Since we had another hour or so to kill, we decided to do a photoshoot and be done with all the picture-taking. The place was nice and the facilities are quite ok but nothing to be at awe with. Though, we did love the tunnel area near the entrance of the resort and we took a number of photos there. My group got hungry after the photoshoot session, so we decided to take some snacks at the Pool Bar. It took ages for our orders to come in which is quite annoying, especially when one is truly hungry. The food wasn't all that great either and it was quite expensive -- the Halo-Halo cost P195 and it was served in the same way you get it outside the hotel. As soon as the other party in our group arrived and we got to settle our bill in full, we all went to have fun in the pool. My partner and I preferred the jacuzzi to the pool since it was more relaxing. The infinity pool was small and would turn out to be crowded later in the afternoon when all the other guests of the hotel decided to take a dip, too. For our set lunch, Jim, the waiter assigned to serve us and who was very attentive to all our needs, set up our tables under umbrellas near the side of the pool. Earlier, we had decided to give Jim our orders for lunch since it takes their kitchen sometime to cook things up fast. Good enough that we did because soon as we decided to have lunch, the food was ready and it was warm (food warmers, perhaps?). The food was tasteful and the servings were plenty but I've noticed that there were too much fatty portions to what I ordered and same goes for that which my partner had. While we were having lunch, we were informed by Jim that our room for the day was ready and that we can request for the key from the Reception. My partner and I asked for the key and went to check out the room while the others finished their lunch. The room was big and had 2 double beds that could accommodate 3 medium sized individuals. Our room had a moderate sized balcony, too. I don't know if it's because we availed of a promo, but our room didn't have any towels and there weren't any soap or shampoo -- aren't those normal things that you find in a hotel room? Anyways, we came prepared so that wasn't much of a problem for any of us. We used the room mainly to shower after swimming and some of us took advantage of the beds (even the floors) to take a nap. The stay in the room was pleasant and relaxing because we were able to rest. When our use of the room expired, we all went back down to the Pool Bar to have snacks and still our orders took a while to be served. Again, nothing fancy about the food servings or taste.

I would conclude this review with an over all rating of 3 for the facilities, the food and the service. I would like to commend the hotel though for helping us out when our car's battery stalled...they were able to jumpstart our car (or should I say the batteries?) and we went our way.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Haidee C

Dear Haidee C,

Thank you for taking the time in informing us of your experience in our resort.

We are pleased to know that you have rated as average overall despite some inconvenience your experienced during your stay.

It is with regret though that you experienced some delays in your food and inconvenience on your day trip while in our property. I apologized as well that it was not properly explained to you, prior to booking, the requirements of the day tour package such as settlement prior to use of facilities so that day tour bracelets can be issued and the availability of the bath amenities inside the room as it is only available for those who will stay overnight.

Again, I would like to Thank You on your feedback because it is through this that enable us to improve further on the quality of our products and services.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me again at mdiopenes@thunderbird-asia.com and I will be glad to assist you, your family and friends.