“Nice Honeymoon stay”

Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Binangonan
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I weren't sure if we could afford a honeymoon when we were planning our wedding so we just planned to stay at Thunderbird Resorts. It was near our place so it was convenient to go there and we were even still able to meet with some balikbayan relatives who came home for our wedding and just easily come back to the hotel. There were many shuttle services available from many different places at different times in the day. This was definitely very convenient. The reservation we made was a good promotion since we were also able to avail of a couples massage in our room which was very relaxing. The room was very big and the king sized bed was the biggest and softest bed I've ever seen. The pillows and sheets were all new and luxurious and it was comfortable to sleep in. The bathroom was huge with a bathtub, all the free stuff in the bathroom were luxurious as well, not like the cheap stuff in other hotels. There was even a separate bottle for conditioner and lotion. There were different restaurants around the resort and the prices were a bit high but that is something to be expected. Great music was playing over by the pool giving it a very relaxing vibe. The infinity pool was great and the view was breathtaking. There was also a casino there, although we had coupons that we can use for the casino we opted not to play there. The breakfast buffet was great! It was definitely a relaxing stay and we will definitely be back maybe this time with our families. Hoping for great deals, if there are great deals we will definitely avail of them.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank iCa_Cheng
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear iCA_Cheng,

Congratulations on your recent wedding!

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice for your honeymoon. We were pleased to read that you had an overall excellent stay in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

It was a pleasure to be at your service and we all look forward in welcoming you and your husband back. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be more than happy to arrange your stay with us.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I've egged my husband to bring us to this place this Holy Week vacation, and we're glad to have booked a room from April 5 to 7. I hope we'd be surprised to have a good family vacation.
've been to Thunderbird - Poro Point last February, and oh my! I really loved the place - its cleanliness, overall surrounding, the staff who are very solicitous and a lot more. The rooms are big (an understatement. It's huge) even if it's a de-luxe room, fitted with 2 king-sized beds, fluffy pillows, LCD wide-screen TV set, the room has its own router for WiFi, big comfort room with jacuzzi-type bathub and shower-area. (Wonder if they will also put an LCD tv set in its comfort room in the future). Oh, I could have written this review at Poro Point (later)
It's a yearly vacation that my family look forward to always, because it's a chance for us to be together especially with my mom who's 82 years old. But with the good reviews here, I am sure I'll be in for an AHA moment. See you Thunderbird - Rizal.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Goodnews98

Dear Goodnews98,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your wonderful experience last April 5-7. We look forward in welcoming you and your family back at Thunderbird Resorts Rizal and Poro Point. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Ive been wanting to see thunderbird resort,,as soon as we landed in manila, my husband told me to make a reservation in rey valeras show,,the girl whom i spoke to over the phone told me that there was no need for resrvation..or i can pay for the reservation,,in short i drove for 2 hours that night,,when we get there..tables were all RESERVED but not occupied ,,the bar captain was nice to find us a table but there was really no place,,to our dissapointment we just went home..

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Grasya M
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Grasya M,

It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction during your visit with us. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention therefore giving us the opportunity to improve. Please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration and disappointed this has caused you. All concerned staff and Department Heads have been informed of your experience and rest assured that action will be taken to avoid this kind of incidents from happening again.

We sincerely hope that this unfortunate experience will not impair your confidence in Thunderbird Resorts and look forward to the pleasure of having you and your family back with us. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is the place to be if you want to have a break from the noise, pollution and clutter of manila but don't want to get stressed by the travel. It's beautifully nestled on a Hill in Binangonan Rizal and faces LAGUNA LAKE (laguna de bay) which looks beautiful from afar.It's only 45minutes to 1 hour away from Ortigas District but you will be surprised at how an isolated place like this one could exist 45minutes away from Manila.That's what I love about this resort,.The serenity. That on top of the 5star facilities of the resort and the most comfortable bed ever at which Thunderbird Resort is famous for. As I am writing this review, the music from the poolside hums in my mind.It's so relaxing when you stay at the infinity pool at night and the coconut trees around are lighted dimly to add accent into the romantic place.Add to that is the mellow music played in a public speaker system. Either you swim or simply lazy at the poolside benches----relaxing!I hope they can offer massage on the poolside.The cabana restaurant is also near the pool facing the lake.Thunderbird Resort Rizal is not just close to my house in saint Monique Valais but is one of the resort closest to my heart.Lot's of fun memories here.Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: be sure not to miss the sun set at the infinity pool too!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pusangkalye
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Pusangkalye,

It is with great pleasure to know that you are a loyal guest of Thunderbird Resorts and love the serenity of the place. Your kind words are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

We are pleased to inform you that we are offering massages by the poolside. You also have an option to have the massage service at the Molave Garden or Vista Laguna.

Once again, on behalf of Thunderbird Resorts, we thank you for your patronage and we are always happy to be of service to you.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Don't remember how many times I and my family have checked in to Thunderbird. Like the size of the room and the respectful staff. The breakfast is great and the service is excellent. If you like to play you might get lucky here. It pays however, if you have no control or thinks you'll break the bank, think twice to play here. Once you win, stop and enjoy the rest of your day in their clean infinity pool or play golf. My overall view is Thunderbird is an awesome hotel and casino. Will be back next month.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BalikbayanCalifornia
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

REPLY TO POST:
Dear BalikbayanCalifornia,

We are happy to know that you always have an overall enjoyable stay with us. We are proud to share your praises with the rest of team, as this will inspire them to delight even more guests in the future.

We look forward in welcoming you and your family back next month. Kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you personally.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I took a gamble booking an overnight stay here even after reading through the reviews here and I'm so glad I did. The place is excellent, i felt it was my moral obligation to write my own review of the resort. But really, what made me decide to give the resort a chance is that the poor reviews almost always were followed by some feedback from the resort manager.

Value for money is an understatement.

The free shuttle to and from Sta. Lucia was really convenient. The shuttle came and left on time and we were comfortably seated. The airconditioning can be improved, but overall it was a pleasant ride.

We got checked in in a few minutes. The room was huge and was overlooking Laguna de Bay. We had an excellent view of the pool too. I loved that the room came with 2 queen sized beds and lots of pillows. The bath was really spacious and came with a bath tub - from the vmv toiletries to the retractable clothesline and the towels and towel racks, you'll know they have your comfort in mind.

The pool could have been bigger, but the jacuzzi was great! The kiddie swimming pool could have been cleaner though. Not sure if some treatment is required as me and my daughter were out of the kiddie pool just after a couple of minutes from getting in because of insect bites or something. It didn't spoil the day though as the regular pool and jacuzzi were great.

Tired from swimming, we ordered room service - some mee goreng, chicken hainanese and soto daging. I'm not exactly raving about the food but it was more than decent. Portions were pretty big too, especially the mee goreng.

Have yet to avail of the free casino bets nor the free massage but I already feel like I've gotten a lot more than my money's worth. It's definitely one place I'd come back to.

Even my husband who works in Marriott Hotel in Singapore feels the same way - and that's really something!

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Wanderlust_1931
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Wanderlust_1931,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice for your stay last February and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the quality of our products and services to better meet the needs of our guests.

We are happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay. Your kind words are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team.

We appreciate your suggestions and comments about the shuttle’s air-conditioning and kiddie swimming pool. I have informed the General Manager and concerned Heads of Department and rest assured that actions will be taken to address these concerns. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

On behalf of Thunderbird Resorts, I would like to thank you once again for staying with us. We truly hope that you will book with us again soon. On your next visit, kindly call me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Either the place got totally renovated or overhauled or the reviews on this place don't do it any justice. All I kept readng about was how this place had issues...well...not when I stayed there!

It was AWESOME!....the price was manageable and the place was phenomenal.

Great room (I stayed in room 215), great washroom with good spacious shower and separate tub, fantastic bed and plenty of perfect pillows as well as a clean duvet. It had a breath-taking view of the grounds which were kept very neat and a nice pool as well as a casino to boot.

We enjoyed the food too...I ordered a steak and it was cooked to perfection. Portions are very generous...wish I stayed longer to try more grub.

Did I mention the bed?...(although slightly on the soft side and falling a tad short of the Segara Bed Experience...see my review on that puppy)

The staff was cool and was very courteous and maintained my reservation despite not having a credit card available at the time.

I can't say enough about the place...it is literally a hidden gem and I almost don't wanna tell anyone about it. Experiences like these make me think twice about listening to or reading reviews anywhere...had I listened I probably would not have tried this secret treasure.

I will definitely return and try out the things I missed out on due to time constraints.

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

One more thing...free massages, free breakfast buffet and a small amount of money (P300) to spend at the casino....crazy right?

I get massages all the time and this 15 minute (more like 30 minutes) welcome massage from an angel named ANGEL, was probably the best massage I've had in a very long time. I tipped her like a madman because she was THAT good.

Enough said...gotta see it to believe it...I wanna go back just to make sure all I'm saying holds true cuz I wouldn't wanna mislead anyone.

Room Tip: Had room 215 and would get the same when I go back...overlooking and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank FilCanMan
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear FilCanMan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you had an overall pleasant stay. We are proud to share your praises with the rest of team, as this will inspire them to delight even more guests in future.

On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you with your booking with us. We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Hotel Quality Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Binangonan
Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point
Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - ...
#2 of 5 in San Fernando La Union
Loreland Farm Resort
Loreland Farm Resort
#1 of 4 in Antipolo City
Bakasyunan Resort Tanay

Been to Thunderbird Resorts - Rizal? Share your experiences!