“Faultless quality and service.”
Review of The Village Bistro

The Village Bistro
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Penmaenmawr
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

8 Adult friends visited the restaurant on the 10th August 2013. We had booked over a week in advance. The outside is very well presented and clean which is always a good start. Inside the restaurant is not vast however was just right. It has a slightly Mediterranean feel to it. We were cared for very well from the outset. The menus as has been previously mentioned are set up so that you can choose from a list of homemade starters then a main course and then a pudding. The prices are only next to the main meal so all starters and puddings are obviously the same price however you can choose the main dependent on price/ taste as you wish.
All our starters were delicious and just right in portion size. There was ample bread and butter as a side dish. The waitresses didn't even have to ask any of us what we had ordered they knew exactly what should go where which was very efficient.
There was no delay in service. The main meals were also excellent with very carefully put together dishes. I personally had the rolled shoulder of lamb with the orange zest and a marvelous gravy. It was cooked to perfection and fell apart. The vegetables were also plenty and cooked to perfection.
The waitress actually waited at the table for one of my friends to cut into his fillet steak to ensure it was cooked to his liking. You don't see this very often. The desserts were also beautiful. I personally had the Baileys Cheesecake which if I'm honest I was a little apprehensive about but when it arrived with the Ice cream it was just perfect. The amount of Baileys was just perfect and the texture was divine.
I know that the remaining seven also were as complimentary of the food and this is a great tribute to the Chef. They obviously know what they're doing.
If I was to critique it would be that it is a shame that a choice could not be made to have perhaps a two course instead of three. Not a problem for me but I would like to visit again with our children and my parents perhaps but the amount would be excessive for them.
All in all, one of the best restaurants I have eaten at. Super food, value for money and excellent staff. Keep us the good work. Thank you.

1  Thank Meurig J

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Could not believe how many people were here mid-week and it very soon became clear why so many people were in Pen eating in the week.
The staff were excellent, extremely friendly, knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble.
Our bill for three courses and to lots of drinks was £56 which was extremely good value.
We will return. Very soon.

1  Thank Ali E
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Given no online menu or menu outside was unsure what to expect despite great recommendations on TA. Don't be put off by the main course prices from £18-28, they include a choice of home made starters and desserts so the price is for a three course meal. The menu gives more than enough choice for most appetites. Portion sizes perfect and the food,served on hot plates, was hot. How rare is that! Great choice of fresh vegetables and a choice of two potatoes. We had duchesse and baby roasties with bacon & onions. Fritto misto was great and the hand made chocolate roulade spot on. Service was was efficient and friendly and the atmosphere relaxed.
The wine list is also reasonably priced too with a good selection.
It's clear that the team here are passionate about what they do, and it shows in the menu, food and service you receive. Sadly the bistro only opens Thurs-Sat so you need to book or be disappointed. Our break away was great but it was enhanced further by a trip to the Village Bistro. Oh and on a final note I am guessing its the boss lady who walks her dog every morning in Llanfairfechan, don't forget to look out for my twin brother and thanks for making the evening.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is why its 5 stars. The owner phoned us back, having checked if they could fit us in on a busy night - ended up opening half hour earlier for us (1st star). Friendly service and never, like some restaurants, overpowering (2nd star), Atmosphere & ambience makes you relax and talk: nice background music, good lighting, roomy & comfortable (3rd star). Food - my word - the food: creative starters, beautiful, succulent meat dishes, mouth-watering sweets, all presented in an attractive, professional manner; my father said it was the best food out, he'd had in years and years (4th star). Price - what's going on here? - a fabulous 3 course meal, with drinks - for 8, averaged out at £24.50 each (5th star). We had to ask if they had a michelin star, so satisfying was the experience. We ended up here because our first choice was full - what a stroke of good fortune because next time we have a special occasion, we won't be going anywhere else!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had another fantastic meal June 6th. Can't wait to book in again. Staff and owners lovely people, nothing is too much trouble.