Grand Hotel Wicklow
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort(Newtown Mount Kennedy)
$231
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
$197
$191
Orbitz.com
The Glendalough Hotel(Glendalough Village)
$230
  • Restaurant
$175
$170
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewsrecommend this hotelbit datedshort breakhotel barbreakfast menubuffet tablesteak sandwichnice staycomfy bedexcellent qualityold world charmroom was largefirst morningboth nightswell worth a visitmainsjohn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

stayed at the grand to celebrate my birthday with friends,rooms are ok could do with modernisation but still nice and clean and do the job,had food on both nights and standard was very good and priced reasonable,nice bar and lounge with friendly staff and decent pint,hotel is in a good position at the start of wicklow town and very close to good bars and decent nightclub right opposite the hotel,good car parking facility also,will be back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Grand Hotel Wicklow on a Living Social deal. Great deal 79 Euros for B&B for 2, drink each and main course each in bar.

The service was truly brilliant - everyone from the girls on reception to the waitresses in the restaurant for breakfast were so friendly, helpful and efficient. Made me understand why tourists always talk up the Irish friendliness etc.

Food was much better than expected - my husband got lovely burger & home made chips for dinner and I got salmon (slightly overcooked but tasty) with veggies. The breakfast was truly delightful though - lots of options for cooked breakfast and fantastic cold buffet too.

The hotel itself, while very clean, is however quite dated and lacking in atmosphere - definitely needs redecorating. Also our bedroom was so hot all the time we were there with 3 radiators pumping out heat (can only be turned off at reception I think) - so much so that we had to open a window to let some cool air in. I hated thinking of the waste and environmental impact and also we were above the nightclub so our sleep was affected by some noise with people entering/leaving club - however fortunately this wasn't too bad or maybe we were just exhausted.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from nightclub and also that heat in room is turned off at night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Quick review a bit belated as we stayed here a few weeks ago. Bottom line is hotel is OK and location wise is well situated in Wicklow town with plenty of parking.Was up to visit mys sister and go for a meal and few drinks and the price and location suited perfectly. Checkin was quick and friendly and first impresssions from the lobby were good.As has been said by previous guests however the rooms are old fashioned and seriously need to be modernised. I didnt spend so much time in the room so wasnt too bothered. Bathroom was tiny but adequate with plenty of hot water in the shower>All in all it was fine and I would stay here for 1 night again however I would not base myself here for too long.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sparkyd72
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel also last weekend on a living social deal, the previous guest must have thought he purchased a break in a modern 5 star establishment. The grand hotel is not that it is an old hotel I believe it datesback to victorian times, and its 3 stars to which they truly live up to and well exceed. I was delightedto find that I could have my inclusive meal either in the bar or the restaurant, I took a look intothe restaurant to find a well known celebrity couple dining there so opted for the restaurant, the decor was lovely with a warm open fire and piano, the waitress was extremely attentive and the food I can only describe as amazing, I have venison and my wife had the seafood special this was definetly 5 star. The next day we had lunch in the bar, again could not fault the food or the service. The rooms are old style but are spotless clean and warm and comfortable. We didnt have any issues with noise. Maybe we were away from the nightclub so that might be a tip to mention on checkin that you want a quiet room. The reception could not do enough for us. We will definietly back. And the next family occassion I will be back to that restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family and I went on a weekend away to wicklow celebrating a confirmation.
We purchased living social tickets online and got 2 nights b&b for 109 euro.We thought we were getting a bargain when we
Purchased this hotel for that price but obviously we were wrong.When we arrived we were greeted by siobhan at the front desk.She was very good at her job and was very helpful.We thought our weekend was off to a good start until we saw the rooms.To keep it short the rooms were a joke.They were very old and dirty looking and there was a broken iron & board in the room and most of the lights in the room didn't work including shaving light in the bathroom.
If we thought the accommodation was bad the food was the straw that broke the camels back.
We decided to have bar food and it was ok but the pints were terrible.I gave the pint back saying it was flat and an odd taste
From it like the pipes were never cleaned (very likely).After the food I brought my daughter to the bathroom (disgusting) and on our way back out the bar manager walked straight into her without apologising to my 2 year old.The bar manager is called Martin and is incapable of doing his job to customer satisfaction so watch out for him if you decide not to take my advise not to visit this hotel.The breakfast in the morning was disgraceful and I'm not a picky eater.The coffee was constantly cold despite our request to be topped up with hot coffee.Dinner was even worse we all ordered a main course with the deal we got and each one was given different to what was on the menu.Dessert was the same I ordered a chocolate brownie warm with chocolate ice-cream and raspberry sauce but I just got 2 frozen pieces of cake on a plate with nothing else.Each plate was served different to what was on the menu giving me the feeling of the horse meat conspiracy again.
This hotel was very disappointing and would definitely not recommend it it anyone even if you get a good deal.
Also just for your information there is a nightclub in the hotel so if you go don't count on getting any sleep because the walls
Might aswel be made of paper you can hear everything and we were on the 2nd floor.

Terrible/disgusting hotel with arrogant staff.

Adam Harrington.