“Noisey”

and 1 more site!
Grand Hotel Wicklow
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wicklow
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for two nights after booking the deal on living social. we hopeped for a nice relaxing weekend away but what we got was a hotel that was way too noisey, we could hear everything from the rooms around us. Doors banging drunk people coming back on the middle of the night shouting babys crying. On the first night a Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and reception never rang to say it was a false alarm or to let us know what was going on. We asked to move rooms for the second night but no other rooms available. On the second night a band were practicing in a room two floors below us and it sounded like a concert in our room I had to ask when they were finished up and was told soon 3hrs later after going to dinner and coming back the band were still playing couldn't even watch the tv with the noise so I had to ring reception and find out when they would stop and eventually they packed up. We were expecting a nice peacefull weekend away with a hiking trip to Glendalough that's why we picked this hotel deal but I would of preferred to have saved my money and just drove down for a day trip. I will never stay in this hotel again I feel like I didn't get a good deal at all two nights of broken sleep.

Sarah

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Wicklow

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Myself and my husband and two young children , enjoyed a lovely break last week in this beautiful Grand Hotel, the name suits it.. The staff, rooms food just excellent, i have recommened it to my family and friends and we will be back in the summer......

Room Tip: the family room is lovely and big...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GRANDHOTEL_12, General Manager at Grand Hotel Wicklow, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Carroline,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us at The Grand Hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the Summer.

Kindest Regards

Veronica & All the Team

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Recently stayed here as it is the only hotel in wicklow town so we didnt have much choice.
Honestly we had a lovely room. Decor was lovely, bed very comfortable and all round pleasant.
The only issue with the room was the noise from the street the next morning, 9am Saturday morning a group of teens were waiting for a bus (I think they were a football team) and they were directly oustide the front of the hotel- and very loud!
Staff on reception were nice- friendly and efficient.
Girls in bar were not so nice, took ages giving us menus, taking our order etc.
Food was not great. It was edible but not impressive. Bit of a let down considering how nice all else was.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GRANDHOTEL_12, Manager at Grand Hotel Wicklow, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Tee and Cakes,
We are delighted that you had a comfortable sleep and that you enjoyed the decor in our rooms. We are disappointed however to hear that you were woken early. Unfortunately as the pathway infront of the hotel is a public pathway, we cannot prevent noise that sometimes does occur when groups congregate before matches.
I will be sure to pass on your positive comments about the receptionists and they will be delighted to hear them. I will also pass over the comments to the female bar staff, I apologise that the service which you received was not up to our usual standards.
I hope that you will stay with us again and If you do choose to, Please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

saw mixed reports on tripadvisor. the girl on reception spent more time looking at herself in the mirror than minding guests. we asked about restaurants to eat in and she told us any but the mystic celt. since we were not impressed with her we decided to try this restaurant. alas it was completely booked out and according to reviews on tripadvisor will definetly try it again. we attended a large function here and found the food and service terrible. we also ate in the bar and the food here was quite good and service was well ahead of the function room. rooms were nice

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I am very disappointed to hear that one of the receptionists told you that they would not recommended "Mystic Celt". We are very supportive of other local businesses and often refer guests to other restaurants depending on their mood; Food Wise.
Regarding your other issue with the receptionist on duty, we are currently looking in to this matter in hand and the hotel would like to apologise on behalf of this member of staff.
In relation to the function that you attended, I am very surprised to hear your comments about the food and service as we had only received positive feedback so far. However we do appreciate feedback in whatever form it may come as it allows us to make improvements.
I do hope you stay with us again and that if you had any doubt in our service that it would soon be dispelled.
Our customers are our livelihood and therefore it is the upmost importance to us.
If you do choose to stay with us again, Please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed there on weekend, did expect a bit more for the price i paid, room was clean but needed a lot updating, bathroom was very old and the worst thing that the room was so heated that had to open the window to have any air in the room!!! i could say only good things about staff, great kind people

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
GRANDHOTEL_12, Manager at Grand Hotel Wicklow, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Grand Hotel. We welcome all feedback as it allows us to make improvements where needed.
Thank you for taking the time to write this comment and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to The Staff.
We are currently in the middle of doing up our bedrooms and we hope to have them all completed within the coming months.
We hope that you will revist the hotel to see the improvements for yourself in the future.
KInd Regards,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Room we got was very old, needed a lot of improvements, spots on the walls, bathroom was extremely bad and dirty, it was very hard to lock the door. Still I find it very expensive for this kind of hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Borisa Z

I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory stay at our Hotel. We are currently updating our bedrooms and we hope to have them completed in the coming months. We have taken your feedback on board and I will speak with our Maintanence and Housekeeping Managers to ensure that the bedrooms are of a much higher standard.
If you decide to stay with us again in the future, Please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My review here relates to to the Wicklow and District Chamber Ball, which was held in November. So, this relates more to the dining experience etc..

The food was absolutely EXCELLENT !!! It was of "restaurant quality", but for 150+ people, which is quite an achievement.

There canapes with the drinks reception, which were very, very good.

There was a choice of beef or fish for the main course, BOTH of which were excellent.

The dessert was a selection of bite size pieces, which were fantastic.

Did I mention the brilliant service on the night ?!?

I don't know about the rooms and staying etc., but for hosting large events etc. and the quality of service that goes along with it all, they do a really GREAT job !!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Francis,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding The 2012 District Chamber Ball. We are very pleased to hear that our quality of service has remained so high. I have passed on your kind words to all of the staff that were involved on the night as well as those which helped leading up to the event.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Courtenay Lynch

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wicklow
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge
Arklow Bay Hotel
Arklow Bay Hotel
#2 of 4 in Arklow

Been to Grand Hotel Wicklow? Share your experiences!