“Great drop-in spot”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you happen to be travelling back and forth between Dublin and Wexford on a regular basis, The Tap is a great drop-in spot for a decent coffee and a nice spot of food. I can highly recommend their pulled pork sandwich. Nice location, especially when the sun is shining and you can sit outside, decent staff, and hearty tasty food.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Friday evening, stopped off at The Tap. Great chicken curry, presentation lovely. House wine excellent Merlot. Desserts looked great so chose creme brule. Service was excellent. Top marks for atmosphere, service, food, everything. Can't wait to go again !

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Tap's dining area looks amazing after it's been refurbished a few years back- itis by far the best looking place the the whole Wicklow-Wexford area. However the food I find quite bland and very overpriced for the quality delivered. I still come in every time we pass it by, but now only for a coffee.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Have dropped in a few times for take away coffee and take away sandwiches but decided to stay for food one day.

The food was nice. Tasty goats cheese & the pastry was cooked perfect. My platter however was missing pate & I wasnt told they were out of it until I enquired where it was. The pate was the main reason i ordered!!

I also felt the service was lacking. There was a girl on her own for a while and with the size of the place, she couldn't do everything. When another girl came in she seemed to be doing other things and our table didn't get cleared of our starters plates before the mains came out. When we paid our bill, the girls were chatting about personal issues in front of us at the till which I thought wasn't appropriate either.

Its a great looking place and maybe it was just an off day but the lack of service would deter me from rushing back. Just a small issue that could be easily addressed with some training.

2  Thank holiday_queenWexford
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Great food
Great menu
Great value
Great atmosphere

A nice place to eat, family pub restaurant,
Simple menu well produced and very good value. Very friendly staff in a very clean and comfortable atmosphere.

Recommended as a place to eat and drink.