“Disappointed”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dublin
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped off today at Jack Whites. I had heard good things & noticed the car park was full each time we passed.

It was exceptionally busy. We had to wait 15 mins to be seated. 2 Adults 2 Children. Found the staff to be friendly but over worked.

Was very surprised by the menu. €15 for 3 courses. It would be impossible to not find something you would like. The children's menu was 3 courses for 7.95. We really didn't want 3 courses for them as they are both very young but there was no other menu so we availed of it.

Chicken wings were ok. A little over done. Soup was delicious.

My Hunters Chicken was disgusting. The chicken was so tough, you could bounce it off the floor. The BBQ sauce was straight from a bottle, not even heated. The mushrooms, barely cooked. A bowl of hard chips & pointless salad.

I had asked for extra small portions for the children, but huge plates came out. They refused to eat it. My husband enjoyed his roast. Said the meat was delicious (Corned Beef).

Desert was truly pathetic. Fruit pavlova. The fruit was chopped so big, I think it was made for Hulk Hogan. And the mix of fruit was so random for a pavlova. No sign of a single berry. Thrown on top of a store bought meringue with curdled cream & fruit sauce. I didn't get past 3 spoonfuls. The ice cream sundaes for the kids was a bowl of ice cream with 2 marshmallows??!!

I'm so disappointed. I have bought a holiday home nearby & really hoped this would be our special place to eat.

• Visited September 2013

Wicklow, Ireland
“Value for money”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was surprised to read some of the reviews about Jack Whites. I visit this restaurant regularly and have never got a bad meal yet. The service is always good and the staff very polite and friendly. We always go for the 3 course meal for €14.95 which is excellant value. the portions are always a good size.. I would recommend this restaurant.

Wicklow
“Full for 15”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

On way back for Dublin late one evening we stopped off for some dinner, there was a 3 course meal for €15, I have never seen such choice on a set menu before. I had the pate to start the BBQ chicken for main which was so tasty and the waffle to finish it all off, all courses were delicious. Our waitress was so helpful even though the place was packed.

Sleaford
“Find somewhere else to eat”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We called in here for a late lunch with three children and four adults. The service was quick, the food was disgusting. Our daughter actually cried when her meal arrived and she couldn't eat it. The pizzas were awful and had the most peculiar texture, I would not recommend them, very bland and tasteless. Generally the food was poor quality and I would never eat here again. Complete disappointment and waste of money as we left alot of the food.

2 Thank John M
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We called here about 5 30 on a Sunday afternoon in mid August. It was very busy, but we got a table almost immediately. We had a 3 course meal for about 15€, very good value. Each of our choices was delicious. We would caal again if we are passing.