“Great Pub”
Review of The Bridge Tavern

The Bridge Tavern
Ranked #8 of 12 Wicklow B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Just back from The Bridge and I have to say the food was amazing,compliment's to the chef,probably the best restaurant/pub I've had food in in a long time,great service,great drink,all round great Pub,fair play to the owners and staff know how to run a Proper Pub.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had a lovely meal with my friend last night.The starter was lovely i had oaked salmon my friend had a side salad.The main course was perfect i had steak burger and chips,my friend had steak and garlic mushrooms.the staff where very helpful. I would tell other friends its a good place to eat. The view from the window of the river is nice and pleasent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times and have always found the food to be lovely. I've only eaten off the bar menu so I can't comment on the restaurant food although if its half as good as the bar food it's doing well! It's not too expensive either which is a good thing these days! The staff were all friendly and helpful too. The place itself looks fantastic since its been renovated, with the main bar, snug bar, courtyard area and even an outside balcony area overlooking the river! It also has en suite B&B rooms upstairs if you fancy staying the night! I would definitely recommend The Bridge for a pint, a bite to eat or even an overnight stay!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

They have done a fabulous job at renovating the place. It's extremely clean and the staff are very nice. I haven't eaten here yet but the pub itself is lovely and cozy. I used to visit the "old" Bridge alot, But the new place looks a million times better, and completely different. Well done to the guys that have taken over the place and brought it back to life!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WicklowPurple
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch there as party of 4 adults and 2 kids. Soup and sandwiches was tasty and nicely presented. They changed the salad to accommodate my wife who can't eat dairy without any fuss. She said it was very tasty. Kids portions were very good value and big helpings. Could probably have more Gluten free options but other than that very enjoyable. The place was busy which is a good sign.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

4 of us dined in the Bridge last Saturday pm.
Welcoming & efficient staff.
Food was excellent, very good restaurant standard; but limited menu & pricey.
We will return for drinks but when we go to a bar / tavern we expect bar food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank blackcastle2013
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Home for a few weeks from Birmingham and treated the parents to a meal in the Bridge Tavern, Wicklow on Monday night . I have never written a review before but feel I have to let people who have not already had the experience of dining(or drinking) in this fabulous place just what they are missing and what is in store for them. The premises itself has been restored to what can only be described as a haven of comfort and style. The staff are amazing ,they are so welcoming, helpful and extremely professional( and patient) .The parents raved so much about the food and the service (and the free glass of wine with the early bird) we decided to invited our good friends from Rathdrum to join us for a meal there last night( 21st Nov) before I departed for Birmingham this morning, and I can only say they were equally impressed. I am a steak and chips man and I have to say that I was served the best Steak I have eaten in a long time with chunky chips and crispy onions on Monday night .... last night I told the waiter I was partial to a few FRIED onions and low and behold a portion of lovely fried onions arrived on my plate. As for the parents and our good friends who raved about the Seabass, Salmon ,Lamb Prawns and a few bottles of lovely house wine ( very reasonably priced) they are hooked. I am now on the boat to Hollyhead and I would like to thank everyone at the Bridge Tavern for the EXELLENT SERVICE and LOVELY FOOD. I will look forward to another great STEAK with FRIED onions and CHUNKY CHIPS when I am back in Ireland on my next visit which hopefully will be soon....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Podge F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wicklow
Grand Hotel Wicklow
Glen na Smole Bed and Breakfast
The Chester Beatty Inn
The Chester Beatty Inn
#2 of 6 in Ashford

Been to The Bridge Tavern? Share your experiences!