“Good food”

Cuisines: European, French
Description: This restaurant is closed
Description: This restaurant is closed
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by our accommodation Ballyknocken. The restaurant lived up to the recommendation with good food and a drinks with a nice ambiance in the old bakery. A minor problem with currency conversion added a about 15% to the bill which was annoying as we had requested it be fixed and not be converted to AUD$ because we had a EURO credit card.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Being a fan of the original Bakery and then the Black n Blue Grill I was pleased to see this re-open under the Bakery name once again.

I just love the atmosphere in this restaurant (hence my title!) and it's always a good start when you walk in on a cold day to a blazing open fire.

The staff here a very friendly and helpful. Really go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your time at their restaurant.

We also availed of the early bird menu, which, as already has been mentioned by a fellow poster, is great value.

I've attached a couple of pictures of some of our dinner choices.

I would also say that having read through the reviews on here I am always dubious when I see a negative from a one post wonder! Hmm....

Keep up the good work!

1  Thank Shinnygirl
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We ate here last week a previous fan of Black and Blue we very interested to see what the standard of food was, as the quality of Wicklow Town restaurants has really gone quite poor in the last year since Black and Blue closed down. Firstly the early bird menu is amazing quality and value, where any two dishes could be ordered for €25 including a mains of locally sourced beef fillet which is normally €27.50. We elected for the fillet and weren't disappointed, best quality meat we had in a long time and cooked to perfection (both rare and medium), the house wine at €20 was also very pleasant. Excellent friendly service and food. Will definitely return

Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I ate here for her birthday on the evening of the 3rd.We rang ahead enroute to tell the restaurant we would be too late for dinner and the waiter that answered the phone arranged for the kitchen to stay open for us-a great touch. We only had a main which was the strip loin platter.this was excellent as was the presentation of the sides.the restaurant was surprisingly empty given the quality of the food we enjoyed.
A special thanks is deserved for the waiter that night- really helpful,considerate and professional- all in all a great little place to eat.

1  Thank andyy440
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Went there for lunch..it was just by chance we passed by The Bakery. The place looked empty when we walked in and did not even know if there was a waiter around. We walked inside around the place and finally found the waitress. Although the day was warm and sunny, the place inside was dark and a bit cold.
Howerver, the food was not bad and service good enough. I had the goat cheese tartine which was quite nice and filling. My partner had the beef tartine and enjoyed it. The home made chips were delicously nice and crispy and full of flavour.
If i am down in Wicklow again, i might go back there for a light lunch. It is a pity they don't have an outdoor sitting during the sunny and warm days..