“40 th birthday bash”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Arklow
kildare
“40 th birthday bash”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

went down to the royal for a 40 th birthday party friendly staff even offered to take bags to room .we reserved tables for dinner staff rec new sauce for chicken wings its only fab . music was great suited the crowd ,great not having to finish early we stayed up till the early hours .rooms were warm and cosy missed breakfast but they the john the manager gave us tea ,toast on the house highly rec for a great night out thanks to all the staff that treated us so well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KildareMartina_F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am a great believer in the saying that you get what you pay for. This hotel isn't the four seasons but neither is the price, I found the staff to be courteous, professional and friendly. The entertainment was excellent and the food was lovely. The room we had was basic but it was spotless. The club is noisy but we were told about it when we were booking and it wouldnt put me or my partner off staying again. The hotel is in the middle of town and we could walk everywhere. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monika M
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just back from spending two nights at the Royal Hotel there was 11 of us and it was not a Hen Party we were with our Mothers for Mothers weekend the Minute we walked in the Door the Young girl behind the Bar was so help full and that continued throughout our stay, The rooms were clean the Bathroom was clean would not complain about anything , All the staff at the Royal could not be any nicer than what they were so Thank You for that from all of us , From the Breakfast to lunch and Dinner the Food was Beautiful ,The Entertainment in the Hotel was great from the Bar to the Night Club you had a good choice pending on your liking ,Our Mothers are in there 70's and stayed up for the Entertainment in the bar & before the night was over the Staff went up to put the Heating on in their room where would you get it ,We have being going away the last 10 years with our Mothers and Stayed in some of the so called Best Hotels at a price and the staff would not be as help full as what they were in the Royal we are already planing on going Back and would recommend it for people who is looking for Value for Money and Staff that treat you with respect ,It is not a Hotel for children as there is nothing there for them but if your looking to get away for the weekend weather it be for Hen, Stag, Golf, or just getting away with the girls or lads we would recommend it we had a fab time and our age group was from 35 to 70 Yummy Mummy's with manners, who will return Thank You Again "The Royal Hotel" for a fab few days xx From the Keogh Family of 11 xx

Room Tip: if you want a quite room and are the type to go to bed early ask for room at the top of house or sta...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank YnonneTormey44
Kilmacanogue
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Well were do I start.Rude barman/receptionist.Money required before key was even handed over.Bathroom beyond tiny Ive seen downstairs toilets larger.My partner went to turn around in the shower and hit of the temp dial(oh sorry did I not mention the shower was also small)Stink of cigarettes.carpet needed replacing badly.Think that should be enough to put anybody off staying here.(And may I add the group that we were with had taken 11 rooms over half the amount of rooms that were in the hotel)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Arklow hotels

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Did not get any sleep the rooms are over a nightclub that was open till 3am then the police where called in it was mayhem. The bathroom was very very small and nails sticking out. I told a staff member about the condom he said oh I will tell them about that.
this place should be closed ASAP .
Breakfast was all cooked deep fat fryer. God knows what the kitchen was like!

ADVOID at all costs.

Rose W
03/02/2013 A dive there was a used condom on the floor in my room and my friends mattress had blood stains plus others stains! on it it.
this place should be closed ASAP .
Breakfast was all cooked deep fat fryer. God knows what the kitchen was like!

ADVOID at all costs.

Rose W
03/02/2013

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank rose111199
Stranorlar, Ireland
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had to pay before I got into the room. The bar man stroke receptionist wanted photo ID and said it was the law. I travel on business all over and once I give my credit card details that's it. The room was freezing, stinking of cigarettes and the electric storage heater did not work. I returned to reception and informed them I wanted a different room as the heating did not work. The bar man tried to tell me the thermostat had cut the heater out - rubbish. He then wanted to go and check the room. I requested he take my word or refund me. He refunded me and then became falsely polite and I left and went to the Arklow Bay hotel which is a palace compared to the Royal Arklow hotel. Do NOT even look at The Royal Arklow - it is a total tip of a place. Those that stay there seem to be hen and stag parties from the night club. Enough said.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JonDonegal
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Completing a supeb weekend. The service was beyond high standard, for the hotel offerings been so cheap in this recession I wondered about the hotel and how clean the rooms would be.The rooms where spotless. I would certainly re visit and promote the hotel. Staff went above and beyond helping to assist with checking in and went the extra mile to help with bags etc.
Music stopped at an appropriate time considering we are over a nightclub:) which i may add was a fabtastic night!!!!
For such a great deal you really get looked after.
For my first visit to arklow the location was perfect and situated right in the centre of the village.
Food was excellent and served by such plesent staff.
You couldn't ask for anything better. Low prices, lovely staff and top quality services.
I certainly will re visit and suggest to anyone travelling to Arklow.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Lelalisa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arklow
Arklow Bay Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,955 reviews
Glenview Hotel
Glenview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Glen Of The Downs

Been to The Royal Hotel Arklow? Share your experiences!