All reviews leisure centre bar food lovely hotel night stay lovely walk sea view both nights few drinks family wedding martina walks wicklow
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

Myself and the better half stayed for 2 nights, evening meal and 2 breakfasts included, reasonably priced, lovely hotel with lovely staff, nice grounds also for having a walk, the rooms were not massive but well kept, very clean and tidy with all information required being made readily available. Fantastic bar also with live music and a good atmosphere. One negative - we decided to stay in the hotel on the Saturday night and have a meal in the bar, there was a fight night on in the function room which we didn't believe would cause any issues in the bar. We were seated by the Manager who took our orders, fish and chips for me and a steak sandwich for my partner, after the orders were taken and received none of the staff attended us for any follow up, I asked for drinks on 2 occasions and after 30 minutes went to the bar to order for a 3rd time, we were not asked if the meal was okay, no desert menu was offered etc., so a bit of a dampener on what started out very well, the staff seemed to be focused totally on serving customers who were coming in from the function room to order drinks which would tell me that area was not staffed well enough. Other that this we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back to the hotel (Just not when there is a fight night on), the staff on reception and waitresses in the dining room were lovely, as were the bar staff who were just overloaded on the Saturday night. Hope you enjoy your stay!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ArklowBayHotel, Deputy General Manager at Arklow Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear 253jackw,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased to read you found the hotel lovely and good value for money but disappointed the function in the ballroom had a negative impact on your dining experience in the bar. We hope this does not deter you from returning some time in the future, where a warm welcome awaits you.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

I decided to learn how to swim at the beginning of the year so joined the leisure center here. It's really reasonably priced and give you the option of only getting gym or pool membership which I love as all other places iv joined in the past only had the gym and swim option, which kind of annoyed me as I don't use the gym facilities but still had to pay for them. Aoife the swim instructor is brilliant. She doesn't push me too far but also knows when to give me the next step. She's really friendly and encouraging and explains everything extremely well. The general staff here actually are all super friendly and it's nice to have that touch. The facilities are great, showers are always hot, plenty of room to change in the dressing room and hair dryers are provided too. Iv had to swim in a few other pools since starting here as we have been away and they haven't a patch on this place. I find myself dying to get home so I can come back to swim here. The other ladies I meet in the changing rooms are all gas aswell so I really look forwrd to my swims here. Can't complain about any of it

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Lornbags,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased you chose the Arklow Bay for your swim lessons and delighted to read you are enjoying the experience.

Your special mention of Aoife is very much appreciated and I will pass on your compliments to her.

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

I had dinner here mothers day with my partner, I have to say it was only beautiful. The choice of food was unbelievable and dessert to die for. Staff were excellent and very attentive. We will definitely be going back. Thank you.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela M

Dear Pamela M,

Thank you for choosing The Arklow Bay to celebrate mothers day. We are delighted you enjoyed the experience and are planning a return visit.

Until next time.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

We were in room 413, which was nice and bright , comfy bed and pillows , duvet was a bit too warm, Food was very nice although breakfast was a bit limited, no cheese or hash browns or tomatoes. Dinner and evening menu did not vary for our 4 day stay. View of lake and sea were lovely. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Pool was nice but looked a bit shabby. Had a nice message.

Dear phibsboro,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience of The Arklow Bay Hotel. We are pleased to read you had a very relaxed stay and found the team pleasant and helpful. Your other feedback has been taken on board in a bid to improve our offering going forward.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

We had an Escapes voucher for the hotel and decided to stay 31st March for Mothers day, from the minute we arrived at reception to leaving we were treated so well by all the staff, we had a beautiful walk around the lake, then a fabulous 3 course meal with a bottle of wine in the Pottery Restaurant, the staff were so helpful, we had a few drinks in the bar to finish and the staff were wonderful here too, I could not pick 1 member of staff who did not go way past the extra mile to look after us, even when we were going to our room my partner wanted a few biscuits to have with a cup of tea and they magically appeared on a plate, wonderful service, the owners should be very proud of every one of them. Our room was beautiful and we will be back for another stay

Room tip: We stayed in room 302, very near stairs and lift
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank liznolan1959

Dear liznlan1959,

What a pleasure to read your review. Thank you very much. It is most rewarding and encouraging to receive such positive feedback. It makes it all worthwhile and gives the team a great lift.

We truly appreciate your compliments and high recommendation and very much look forward to your next visit.