All reviews the main hotel wooden bridge small balcony oldest hotel woodenbridge golf club golf course beautiful location old world charm bar food old style next morning both nights stayed here for one night irish hospitality hotel bar family wedding short break
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2019

We have been coming on this cycling break for many years. The location of the hotel is excellent for cycling in the Wicklow Mountains. The hotel itself is historic, atmospheric and intimate. Te staff are friendly and the service is excellent.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Wander12270516202
Liz B, Front Office Manager at Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Dear Wander12270516202,

It's great to hear such positive comments from our guests. It was a pleasure to welcome you all back again this year. Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely comments regarding your recent stay, and I’m glad it was an enjoyable one. We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to the hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2019

Woodenbridge is a beautiful part of the country we really enjoyed our stay. Staff are very friendly and food is excellent. We would definitely go back there and stay in the lodge.we would highly recommend Woodenbridge as a great weekend away.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fearless29908618784

Dear Fearless29908618784,

Thank you for your lovely review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Ireland is full of beautiful locations, but we believe Woodenbridge and the Vale of Avoca are up there with the best of them, and I'm glad you agree. I am delighted you will recommend us to friends and family. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2019

Very satisfied with the overall location accommodation and dining facilities
Great location peacefull and restfull
Staff are very friendly and helpful at all times
Would recommend it to other friends and would like to return at some stage

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maps60458329089

Dear Maps60458329089,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are delighted to hear such nice comments in relation to our staff and food, we display all comments in our staff area so everyone can read them. We look forward to welcoming you back to Woodenbridge in the near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with a voucher I received as a gift. Although the voucher was quite old, not having had the time to use it, there was absolutely no problem whatsoever with using it and no questions asked. There aren't many places that would honour a voucher that's over a year old.... it goes to show the level of care that they give their customers.

For the first night, we stayed in the lodge part of the hotel, which is across the road from the main hotel. The room had a river view which was lovely. The room was comfortable and had no problem with it. Later in the night I was cold. I rang reception, and within a few minutes, somebody came to see why radiators went on. It turns out the heating is on timed, but they extended the time for me to I wouldn't be cold. I was so grateful for that.

The following day, we were offered an upgrade and moved to the main hotel which I was amazed by. It was such a nice gesture. The room was lovely with a wonderful view. What I will say, is that having stayed in both parts of the hotel, I can honestly say that both are great. The room in the hotel was a bit more modern but in reality, they're basic the same, just upgraded a bit I can't understand the bad reviews here in relation to the rooms.

We had dinner one evening and the food was lovely, with quick service. The breakfast is one of the best I've had in any hotel I've stayed in. The homemade banana bread was divine!

The staff were so accommodating, helpful and friendly. There was such a warm welcoming feel from start to finish. I want to thank everyone who made our stay memorable. I have just booked to stay again Sunday night. Looking forward to it immensely.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 852tanjac,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a thoughtful review, all feedback from our guests is very important to us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we have to agree with you, the hotel & lodge is very peaceful and tranquil, it takes you away from the busy city! Our chef and staff were delighted to hear that you found the meal and service to such a high standard, as we take customer service very seriously and we take great pride in our staff as they have all been with us a number of years.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits!

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the Lodge for 1 night, parking right outside, very friendly reception, nice clean room with very comfortable bed, good powerful shower too. The hotel is right accross the road so we went over there for dinner and had a delicious meal in the bar - would recommend the beef rib, so nice! The waiting staff were really friendly and attentive and it was very reasonably priced. We stayed for a few drinks in the bar, was a nice cosy relaxed atmosphere and had live music. The location is fabulous, very scenic and perfect for walkers. It's close to The Meeting of The Waters too which is a must, beautiful. We went on to Avoca and Rathdrum the next day too and really enjoyed strolling around taking in the scenery. We had a lovely time and look forward to going back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Shellem2014,

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments. As a family run hotel, all of the staff have been with us for a number of years, and it really is a great lift to everybody when we receive such positive feedback. I'm glad we could do our bit to make your stay such an enjoyable one and I hope to see you back with us in the near future.