We stayed here recently after finding this hotel on the internet. The website was great, the hotel looked so charming so we were really looking forward to arriving. Outside, all the hotel's charm was very evident, but unfortuantly what we found inside was a tired, worn hotel, in desperate need of an injection of TLC.
It's very obvious that this hotel was once very beautiful, but it would seem that standards have slipped. Our room was out-dated & the bathroom had no shampoos, etc, just some hand soap. The grouting in the bath/shower wasn't great.
We had breakfast (very nice) in the downstairs lounge which, again, had definitely seen much better days. Sadly, our cutlery and sugar bowl wern't very clean either.
As I said, charming location, but could seriously do with some TLC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the vale of Avoca, one of Ireland’s most beautiful locations, and established in 1608, Woodenbridge hotel is the oldest hotel in Ireland and one of the few remaining family-run hotels. The hotel itself overlooks the vale of Avoca and the amazing Woodenbridge golf club, while Woodenbridge lodge is adjacent to the main hotel and is surrounded by peaceful gardens on the banks of the Aughrim River. All of the rooms are en-suite and with complimentary wireless access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodenbridge Hotel Arklow
- Woodenbridge Hotel And Lodge
- Best Western Woodenbridge Hotel
- Best Western Arklow
- Arklow Best Western