“excellent place to stay”

Riverbank House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
ireland
“excellent place to stay”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

i booked this hotel through a booking site and found that I had ticked twin room instead of double - I rectified this through the booking site straight away and forgot about it! Next day I got a call from the hotel to verify the change! Never expected this and I formed a very good impressionof the hotel straight away. On arrival we were not disappointed. The welcome was fantastic ,our table booked for dinner and our room was fine - we were staying overnight. All of the staff were very happy and friendly - not a false "friendly" and I could see that the Riverbank must be a very good place to work in. We enjoyed our meal, ate too much and ,when leaving ,got a bottle of water to-go! When we got back home I discovered I'd left my coat behind, found a message to tell me so on my phone. We were willing to go back to collect it, but was told the journey was too far, they'd post it to me and it arrived this morning. We both have nothing but praise for this hotel and can safely say that it's one of the best we've stayed in. We have no hesitation in recommending it and we'll be back again for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank book99
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear reviewer, thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Riverbank House Hotel. It was very heart warming to read your experiences and am grateful to you for sharing them with us and our perspective customers. On behalf of my team and I, thank you once again, I couldn't have described my fun loving team better myself! Please do say hello when staying again, I would love to thank you in person. Best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

From the wonderfully funky entrance, past the log fire through to the wonderful views of Wexford from the bar/restaurant, the Riverbank is agree at experience. Really good food including cooked to order breakfast and comfortable quiet rooms. All if this topped off by excellent service and attention by Loretta and everyone on the Riverbank team.

• Stayed April 2014
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Footstepper,

Thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank on Tripadviser. It was with great pleasure I read it and thankful for all your kind words. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to my team and especially Loretta, being on reception, she is one of the first persons you see and possibly the last as guests leave and its nice to know she made an impression on you during your stay as indeed we all try to do. Best wishes and hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards,

Colm Campbell, General Manager
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed in the Riverbank last weekend for one night, Easter Sunday. I had received a voucher for the hotel as a gift and was unsure if I could use the voucher over a bank holiday weekend but had no hassle when I booked over the phone. On arrival we were greeted by Sheila at reception who was very friendly and helpful while checking us in. Dropped the bags up to the room and went straight down to the bar for a drink, the place was packed as it was evening time and most tables were occupied with people eating. We decided to eat in the town and after booking us a taxi Sheila then recommended a restaurant for us to try and even got us a reservation although the restaurant was very busy. Food was outstanding in The Yard restaurant and we will definetly be back next time in Wexford!! Arrived back in the hotel around 1am and were greeted by Dave, the night porter/bar man/room service person etc etc, the list goes on!! Nothing better than a yummy crisp sambo after being out on the beer, thanks a mill Dave! All in all could not fault this hotel, service outstanding from reception, bar, breakfast staff. Thanks again for making our stay enjoyable and we'll certainly be back again soon.

• Stayed April 2014
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Sparkie83,

Thank you for your recent review of our little hotel. I am delighted you experienced what is our motto and that is "nothing is too much trouble". When I say this, and I really do believe it, good customer service comes naturally to my team as we all have a genuine willingness to exceed our guests expectations. Thank you for mentioning both Dave & Sheelagh by name, I have made sure to pass on your appreciation. We are a small hotel with a big heart, your review has warmed mine and my team as I'm sure I speak for everyone here. It is nice to know your visit was a memorable one and look forward to perhaps meeting you on your next visit. Many thanks and best wishes, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Riverbank Hotel a few weeks ago and had a lovely time. The staff were extremely helpful from the receptionist to bar staff and house keeping. We enjoyed a fantastic meal in the restaurant on the night of arrival and the breakfast the following morning was amazing. The room had everything needed including a great shower to blow away the cobwebs from the boozy night before! I would highly recommend The Riverbank and in particular the food and friendly atmosphere and staff! A nice touch was that we were given bottled water for the journey back to Dublin that day, a little thing but very much appreciated!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Elaine

Thank you taking time to write your review of the Riverbank House Hotel very much appreciated

I am delighted you had a wonderful stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Riverbank House Hotel in the future.

Dublin
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Checked into the Riverbank on a Thursday night and paid for an upgrade to their Bridal Suite. Loved the Art Deco feel of the hotel and thought the Bridal Suite was very charming - we especially enjoyed chillling out in the jacuzzi bath which is big enough for 2 (at a squeeze).
We ate in the bar and found both food and service to be pleasant. Particularly thought the steak option on the menu fantastic - it's rare to get a such good quality in a 6oz sirloin.
Reception was friendly and helpful, especially with driving directions to a specific shop we were looking for.
My only gripes were that the public bathrooms are very dated - the tile style and colours are jarring and a little unnerving -I suppose that just comes down to personal taste though. We also found the room quite stuffy at night. Turned the radiators right down and opened the window but it didn't make much of a difference. We were tired though and so it didn't have too much of an effect on our sleep.
We are due to return to Wexford in about a month and will have no hesitation in booking again.

Room Tip: Pay the fee for the Bridal Suite - room 215. Charming room with comfy sitting area and huge TV. Also...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 3saWhln
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear T_Dub46,

Thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I was delighted to read your review and appreciate all your positive comments and as always any suggestions our guests have on how we can improve.

We are certainly a quirky hotel with our eclectic mix of furnishings and Art Deco designed rooms, I’m glad you like us! I am pleased you mentioned our steaks, we buy only top quality fresh sirloins, we are known for our steak as well as our fresh fish, all our dishes are fully prepared in house as are indeed our desserts, something you might try when next visiting the Riverbank!

Regrettably your room was stuffy, I will have this looked into, I believe the heating may have been on too long and the room not aired sufficiently in advance of your stay, I’m glad it hasn't put you off returning to us next month! Please do ask if the bridal suite is available as next time the upgrade will be with my compliments.

Thank you once again for your balanced review, it is very much appreciated.

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We recently celebrated a family party in the Riverbank House Hotel.
It was a fantastic night largely down to the quality of service and friendliness of Colm and his staff.
Nothing was a problem!
We had 50 people for a sit down meal in the restaurant (across from the bar). Service and food was exceptional.
I would highly recomment this as a venue for similar functions.
Quite a few of our guests stayed in the hotel for 2 or more nights, they were also very complimentary of the hotel service. I dont think they ate anywhere else in Wexford such was the quality and value of the food in the bar.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chiurce,

Thank you for your recent review of the Riverbank House Hotel. I was very heart-warming to read and made me feel very proud to be manager of the Riverbank.

Quality food & service go hand in hand here at the riverbank, as I have mentioned before on Tripadviser, being a smaller 23 bed hotel indeed helps us to concentrate on being the best we can be. I am delighted you and all your guests had a wonderful stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Riverbank House Hotel in the future.

Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My mom and I stayed at Riverbank for 2 nights and we enjoyed ourselves greatly! We were in Wexford to finalize wedding plans because I'm having my wedding reception at the Riverbank in August! I can say loads of great things about our stay but one slight negative was the key to the room was a little tricky at first because it was an actual key (which you don't see much of anymore these days) but after a few tries we got used to it and it added to the small, quaint feel of the hotel. The staff is top notch and always very friendly and makes you feel welcome right away! A special thanks to Shelia for helping my mom and I with directions around town and suggestions on dining (Nonna Rosa was delish!) She was so kind and really went above and beyond - I have no doubt with the help of Shelia and Colm, my wedding day will be perfect! We had breakfast each morning and it was so yummy - they have a variety of pastries, fruit and juices along with choices of a hot breakfast, the full Irish is the way to go! I could go on and on about how much we enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back but go ahead and check it out for yourself, you won't be disappointed! :-)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank NVEME702
Hello there, I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us while visiting from the States. It was a pleasure to meet you again and your Mom and was delighted to be able to meet with and further progress arrangements for your wedding reception.

Your review is very much appreciated as I believe you captured the Riverbank’s essence very well. Thank you also for your kind words about my team and in particular Sheelagh, she will be very pleased to have been mentioned as she puts her heart into everything she does.

Tripadviser, as do indeed all review sites, help me to stay focused on how to continue what we do well and amend or improve on what we do not. Apologies are in order as you had difficulty with the key to your room, I am currently reviewing them as it has been mentioned before, but pleased you liked the quirkiness of it as quirky is what we are.

I and all my team look forward to looking after you on your wedding day; it’s not far away now! Best wishes and thank you again.

Colm Campbell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel

Been to Riverbank House Hotel? Share your experiences!