“A gem in Wexford”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wexford
new zealand
“A gem in Wexford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed here mid week , This hotel is excellent value for money, we stayed on a DBB offer.
The meals were excellent, far too much at times. I am gluten intolerant and to have this food allergy so well catered for was a delight. For the staff nothing was too much trouble in any of the areas of the hotel. We had the unfortunate experience of the heating not working, this was immediately dealt with to our immense satisfaction.
We would recommend a visit here to enjoy what a hotel stay should be like a few hotels could well do to come here for staff training as the staff are excellent and obviously enjoy customer service. A truly wonderful experience and we have travelled far and wide nationally and internationally.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hi bendyNewZealand

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a lovely review about the hotel on trip advisor so very much appreciated.

It was our pleasure to look after you both on your visit to us at the Riverbank, and look forward to welcome you all back very soon.

Best Wishes
Colm Campbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Maidenhead, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Room 105
23rd January

I found the hotel over the bridge from the town. There was no space in the car park at 11 am when I thought it may be empty. After some jigging about the receptionist stood in an empty space while I got my car from the municipal car park.

That rather meant I was too worried about loosing my car park slot to go into town for dinner - so I had it at the hotel instead.

To get to 105 I had to go down the corridor that the decorators were painting with gloss white paint. Ok on my own but when carrying a laptop, bag and briefcase I found that my briefcase and suitcase ended up with white gloss on them much to my annoyance.
If it is really necessary to put guests down corridors with two decorators working on it at least do their luggage for them as the glossy white paint on my business briefcase will forever remind me of this hotel!

Oh - the corridor reeked of drying paint, too. Stung the eyes.

The view from my room was just awful - see pictures.
Dirty windows added to this bleak outlook. If you think that you might get a nice River view - think more of "yard" and "gas tanks".

Bed comfort was poor.

Tea and coffee facilities in a good sized room.
Plenty of hot water and good pressure too.

Dinner - wanting to keep my car park slot - was good and service as fine.

Breakfast - no yoghurt on display although it is on the menu. I had an omelette which was excellent.

On trying to check out at 7 20 I found nobody there. I had to get off to catch the ferry from Rosslare so waiting for someone to show was not ideal.

Best hotel in town? I do not know about that but I will certainly remember this hotel for sharing its white paint with me.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Riverbank after your recent stay.

Firstly please accept my apologies for the paint you got on your luggage. Our annual January refurbishment we curtail to times when guests have checked out and before check in, unfortunately due to your 11am arrival my receptionist had no option but to allocate the floor the painting was being done on as we had used the upper floor of the hotel the night before and rooms had not yet been serviced. I will most certainly look into the bed in your room, and our forgetfulness for not putting out the yogurt on the buffet table. Also, I always try to see how out of any difficulty that arises for our customers, how we can overcome them, the delay you experienced on departure will not happen again as my front desk staff have been asked to place a simple tent card beside the desk phone to call their pager should they ever have a need to leave the desk unattended even for a moment. How we can improve is by listening to our customers and Tripadviser serves as the perfect medium for this, thank you once again for your comments, the positive and the not so positive, I will endeavour to contact you personally over the coming days.
Kind regards,

Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a Sunday night when all other hotels were quoting us 20-30€ more for a room. The room itself was clean and large. Our window was facing the waste area-- and early in the morning there was some loud shoveling going on directly outside of the window. Bathroom was clean with a small shower. The hotel has an all-night bar and a lovely sitting area in front of a real fireplace. Great on cold days. Definitely a good value! Staff very friendly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hermine H
Dear Hermine H

Thank you for taking your time to write your kind review on Trip Advisor on your recent stay here with us.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Riverbank House Hotel.

We take great pride in our friendly and efficient staff, as well as all other aspects of our services and are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards
Colm
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed in this quaint hotel for 1 night stay on 27th December and were very impressed with this place. The staff are absolutely lovely and the hotel is quaint and inviting. The dinner and breakfast were perfect and we would definetly recommend and return.
The location is across the bridge from the town, with beautiful views and a short walk to shops and pubs.

Room Tip: Beautiful views if you can get a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Colm C, Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear 65susiel

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the food so much and reassuring to learn of the friendly staff.

We hope you had a safe onward journey and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Kind Regards
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

As president of one of the many bridge clubs in the Wexford bridge centre I am delighted to report that all of the bridge players who attended the Christmas dinner in the hotel had nothing but total praise for the meal, the staff and the atmosphere. This latter is created by the wonderful Christmas lights that line the opening, the candles and open fire in the reception and the welcoming attitude of management that travels down through all of the staff. A great experience and super value for money. Well done and thanks for making the night special.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Dear Tripadvisor reviewer, thank you for taking the time to review the Riverbank House Hotel. Please forgive the lateness of my response as seem to have missed responding to you but remember very much reading it with great appreciation at the time. I very much appreciate your thoughts and appreciation of out little hotel and hope your group will return soon. Kind regards, Colm Campbell, General Manager
Wexford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were just in Wexford from Sunday 8 Dec to 10 Dec. We had a great stay at the Riverbank. The hotel is quaint and very inviting. We arrived before check-in and Barry made sure we were able to get in our room early. The bed was very comfortable after long travel and the staff was very helpful on our first trip to Ireland. We went to a concert and arrived back at the hotel late, but the bar was kept open for late drinks and the bartender was great. We'd love to stay again.

Room Tip: Request a riverfront room for a beautiful view of Wexford Town.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Riverbank.

We are delighted you enjoyed the facilities, Food and more importantly that my team looked after you well.

We look foward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at the Riverbank Hotel for one night, but I was still met with the care and respect I would assume would be left to guests of a more lengthy stay. We entered with no reservation and got a room. We were given our room key and shown the way. After that we didn’t stay in the hotel for too long, we only returned at the night so I can’t say much about the service but the room was clean and the employees were nice. It had the utilities that you’d expect in a hotel (t.v, bed, kettle, etc.) so I was given no reason to complain.
The food was great, we only had breakfast but it was good nonetheless. The service was also great; the waiters and waitresses were very kind and mannerly.
The overall experience was a pleasant one and I would go back again if I was given the option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ben W
Colm C, General Manager at Riverbank House Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Ben

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help our morale in the busy season.

We look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Kind regards
Colm Campbell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Riverbank House Hotel? Share your experiences!