“A little dated, but excellent”

Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Had a lovely 3 day stay in Whitford House. Everything was spotless and the rooms and restaurant/bar were comfortable, if not the most modern in the world. More importantly, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food was great (though the extra helpings of chips or mash, even with pasta, were unneccessary!).

Best feature was the pool, really tremendous, child friendly, and with great spa facilities and water features.

Location isn't ideal, you can't really wander into town on foot, so you would need a car.

Room Tip: Ring to book a room, we got much better prices than any offered online.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank thecorpo
There are newer reviews for Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club

Reviewed September 15, 2011

The hotel offers a very good service and the staff bend over backwards to keep you happy.the seasons restuarant is top class and the table staff really know their stuff and how to make you feel at home,the food on offer is some of the best I have the pleasure to enjoy, but dont ask to see where it is cooked,I asked and was turned down..what are they hiding in there ? As for the bar,well pop in and you will find a great place for a drink or for some great bar food and a bar man who is a delight to meet .The room we had was very clean and was kept that way by a lovely young girl who is an asset to the hotel with her lovely manner.Our over all experience in the Whitford was one which will see us both heading back again as do a lot of other guests which I had the pleasure to chat with.Car parking on the grounds is grand and cars are very safe over night.

Room Tip: Go for a superior delux
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank icom49
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have just returned from a three night midweek stay at the Whitford House Hotel.
From start to finish the whole stay was marvellous. The staff are efficient, friendly and warm. The hotel certainly deserves its four star rating. The rooms are spacious and quiet.
We had food every evening in the bar, it was of an exceptionally high standard and reasonably priced. Again the staff were friendly and chatted to us.
We will definetley return here.!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ellie016
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Lovely friendly warm welcome on arrival. Our bags were brought up to our room .
The room itself was very nice and the balcony was a lovely treat overlooking the gardens at the back of the hotel. I loved the spacious bathroom but unfortunately the shower was dreadful. When I turned it on first it ran too hot so, after minor adjustment it was ok but then suddenly ran too cold or turned into a trickle. Second day the showerhead actually came undone and fell on my foot, frightening the living daylights out of me. I reported it to reception and they appologised and had the problem sorted immediately. Stuff like that I can live with once the problem is sorted.
We had one evening meal in the Restaurant , as part of our package and it was absolutely delicious.( I am a very picky eater and Restaurants go off my list very quickly if they don't come up to scratch) The breakfast service was excellent .......promptly served !!
We ate in the bar also and the quality of the food and the service was again, excellent.

It is so nice to stay in a hotel where everyone is so friendly and helpful and it's not put on........they actually mean it. Well done Whitford House Hotel, we will definitely be back .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Passenger49
Reviewed August 26, 2011

As a result of a conversation with a receptionist at the hotel over the phone, during which she referred to balconies, patios, spas and lodges...I thought I would be staying in a stately home of some kind. Therefore, I was a little disappointed when I saw the hotel even though someone who had stayed there had recommended it to me. Their use of the available space was amazing. Our bedroom was spacious, extremely well-equipped and had a patio. The bathroom was the best hotel bathroom I've ever seen...spacious, modern and very clean as was the bedroom. We had dinner on one night and breakfast both mornings...we could not find fault with anything. The staff were uniformly excellent, friendly, helpful and efficient. By the end of our short stay, I had been won over. This hotel deserves to do well because they do all they can to ensure the customer enjoys their stay. A local told me that they benefit from a lot of repeat business which doesn't surprise me. I look forward to my next visit. There is a pool and spa centre but we did not make time to visit it at all as there is so much to do in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect...very spacious and well-equipped. Any other room I saw seemed to be fine excep...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank CarolDublin_Ireland
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Regular visits to Whitford House Hotel over the past good few years. The rooms are always spotless and the restaurant is one of the better hotel restaurants in the south of Ireland. The food is always superb and the service excellent. The hotel is very well located close to Wexford town and within easy reach of great beaches. Rosslare is only a short drive and JFK arboretum and park close by.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank unigis1
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Having a rare good weekend weather wise we booked this hotel for a one night break. Being from the area we are familiar with the hotel to stop and have bar food which is always excellent. This hotel is owned and family run and it shows in the pride which is taken by the professional staff. The rooms have an old fashioned feel but are large and spotless. Dinner which was excellent was included in our package and because the weather was beautiful we were able to dine al fresco. An added bonus!
We decided to stay in the bar which had entertainment probably not for anyone under 35!
Breakfast was excellent which again was served al fresco if you choose.
This hotel is a gem and one which I would have no hesitation in recommending either for a stay or bar food. We will definately return here again and again if the same standards are maintained.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank noeleen-47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Ferrycarrig Hotel
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!