“Excellent Hotel,!!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
dublin
“Excellent Hotel,!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have just returned from a three night midweek stay at the Whitford House Hotel.
From start to finish the whole stay was marvellous. The staff are efficient, friendly and warm. The hotel certainly deserves its four star rating. The rooms are spacious and quiet.
We had food every evening in the bar, it was of an exceptionally high standard and reasonably priced. Again the staff were friendly and chatted to us.
We will definetley return here.!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ellie016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Lovely friendly warm welcome on arrival. Our bags were brought up to our room .
The room itself was very nice and the balcony was a lovely treat overlooking the gardens at the back of the hotel. I loved the spacious bathroom but unfortunately the shower was dreadful. When I turned it on first it ran too hot so, after minor adjustment it was ok but then suddenly ran too cold or turned into a trickle. Second day the showerhead actually came undone and fell on my foot, frightening the living daylights out of me. I reported it to reception and they appologised and had the problem sorted immediately. Stuff like that I can live with once the problem is sorted.
We had one evening meal in the Restaurant , as part of our package and it was absolutely delicious.( I am a very picky eater and Restaurants go off my list very quickly if they don't come up to scratch) The breakfast service was excellent .......promptly served !!
We ate in the bar also and the quality of the food and the service was again, excellent.

It is so nice to stay in a hotel where everyone is so friendly and helpful and it's not put on........they actually mean it. Well done Whitford House Hotel, we will definitely be back .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Passenger49
Reviewed August 26, 2011

As a result of a conversation with a receptionist at the hotel over the phone, during which she referred to balconies, patios, spas and lodges...I thought I would be staying in a stately home of some kind. Therefore, I was a little disappointed when I saw the hotel even though someone who had stayed there had recommended it to me. Their use of the available space was amazing. Our bedroom was spacious, extremely well-equipped and had a patio. The bathroom was the best hotel bathroom I've ever seen...spacious, modern and very clean as was the bedroom. We had dinner on one night and breakfast both mornings...we could not find fault with anything. The staff were uniformly excellent, friendly, helpful and efficient. By the end of our short stay, I had been won over. This hotel deserves to do well because they do all they can to ensure the customer enjoys their stay. A local told me that they benefit from a lot of repeat business which doesn't surprise me. I look forward to my next visit. There is a pool and spa centre but we did not make time to visit it at all as there is so much to do in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect...very spacious and well-equipped. Any other room I saw seemed to be fine excep...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank CarolDublin_Ireland
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Regular visits to Whitford House Hotel over the past good few years. The rooms are always spotless and the restaurant is one of the better hotel restaurants in the south of Ireland. The food is always superb and the service excellent. The hotel is very well located close to Wexford town and within easy reach of great beaches. Rosslare is only a short drive and JFK arboretum and park close by.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank unigis1
IRELAND
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Having a rare good weekend weather wise we booked this hotel for a one night break. Being from the area we are familiar with the hotel to stop and have bar food which is always excellent. This hotel is owned and family run and it shows in the pride which is taken by the professional staff. The rooms have an old fashioned feel but are large and spotless. Dinner which was excellent was included in our package and because the weather was beautiful we were able to dine al fresco. An added bonus!
We decided to stay in the bar which had entertainment probably not for anyone under 35!
Breakfast was excellent which again was served al fresco if you choose.
This hotel is a gem and one which I would have no hesitation in recommending either for a stay or bar food. We will definately return here again and again if the same standards are maintained.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank noeleen-47
Dublin
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Whitford House Hotel is friendly and obliging. The staff can not do enough for the guest.
The bar food was superior and good value. Best kids menu I ever saw to include real food not just the token nuggets and chips!! Desserts had (almost too) enticing names with film title included!
Beds were adequate and room spotless. Leisure centre is fabulous with a whirl pool for kids!!
One small hitch (which stopped them being excellent) was the beds were only dressed with a sheet and scratchy oldfashioned granny blanket - no bed spread, ruffle, duvet, comforter!! When I asked for a less scratchy blanket I was told there was a shortage of duvets!!! Strange not to have enough at high season!
The bar has live music and its charming to see people up dancing a waltz!
Highly reccommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new part of the hotel as the corridors were noisy and got an old fashioned key...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Aranvale
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Was very impressed with stay. Midweek break with my wife (60's). Hotel area slightly old fashioned but very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Very nice people and excellent service in all areas. Food was very good with "country" portion sizes - nobody would go hungry here.
Probably incidental to review but was hugely impressed at how a family owned and run hotel was working hard to combat the downturn (and NAMA opposition). Creative small things like newspapers at hugely reduced prices and in the bar running local buses out 3/4 miles for customers, music of different types most evenings (with plenty of dancers).
Deserve to prosper.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank IrishsquashplayerST
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Ferrycarrig Hotel
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!