“Great service, good food .”
Review of Jacques Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Jacques Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great service, good food .”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently had a lovely meal here. Service was very good. My only gripe is. It does still have a slight cafe feel about it. We got a table right by the service station. So there was constant traffic past us. The food is good. Maybe a little pricey. I would return. Id just ask for a table elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank wexkiki

Cork, Ireland
“High prices for an average meal”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant recently and I must admit I was a little disappointed.
The restaurant itself is in a convenient location, however it is really lacking in any kind of ambience, and the fact that it is a cafe during the day shows. For the high prices that this place charges, you would expect better decor.
The service was excellent, from the initial call to book a table (no restrictions on when we could eat, and no time deadline on when we had to vacate the table) to when we finished, the staff were courteous and attentive and really should be complimented.
However where I feel Jacques falls down is in value for money. It is one of the more expensive restaurants in Wexford, but I don't feel the meal matches the expense. They have early bird menu (2 courses for €25, which isn't that cheap). My starter (seafood mornay) was fine, but unremarkable. The mornay was bland, rather tasteless and a bit boring, served with side-salad. My steak (sirloin) was overcooked, regardless of how it was cooked, the meat itself wasn't great. Served with onions and chips and a salad, the side-salad was the same as was served with the starter (which I feel is a little lazy) and was just green leaves and cucumber (again a little boring). The pepper sauce was tasteless, with barely a hint of pepper, and for some reason the steak was also served with a little pesto (this didn't really work). I did not complain about any of this, as individually nothing really warranted a complaint, but all in all I expected something better. Wine and coffee were fine.
Wexford is blessed with a number of very good restaurants, 5 or 6 of which I would choose over returning to Jacques for their expensive average meal.

London, United Kingdom
“en route to ferry”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Cant miss Jacques on the waterfront. It looks very inviting from the outside - and once inside, the ambience and white tablecloths, plus an irresistible specials board, means that you know you are in for a memorable meal ! We started with big fat creamy oysters - even though it was August, and fresh good size scallops cooked just as they should be. The mussel soup was the star - I would love to have the recipe, - coconut milk mingled with tomato, onion, and garlic - and just a hint of curry. Surf & Turf is a must too, a big tasty piece of Irish beef fillet with prawns wrapped in bacon and a classic reduced veal stock sauce. Just wish I lived nearer - I would be here every wek ! I forgot - excellent value too.

1 Thank DavidBrown44
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood restaurant in Wexford”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had a lovely evening in Jacques recently. Food first class Surf and Turf - scallops- baked Cod some if items we had, six of us managed to get through 5 bottles of appropriate wine. Definitely recommend Jacques and will be back.

1 Thank Afwillis
“Service and Food Hit the Spot”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived late in the wexford for our weekend away and wanted to eat at a fish restaurant. We were recommended this restaurant. we chanced ringing to see if they would accommodate us. We were not disappointed the staff were lovely and the food was spot on the price was great as we got the early bird which runs all night. Thankfully we didn't go on previous reviews about arriving late other wise we would of missed out on a great first night in wexford

• Visited July 2013