“Very Poor Bar Service”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Dublin
“Very Poor Bar Service”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Slow service in bar at all times unhelpful and untrained staff. Restaurant Service slow even when prebooked with specific menu. No bar service from Restaurant. No Manager on duty.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
declaireland, Declan Moriarty, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Dear Guest,

I appreciate that you took the time to express your comments on your last stay with us and thank you for doing so.

May I take this opportunity on behalf of my team and I to apologise profusely for the incidents that occurred during your stay. The Talbot Hotel prides itself on providing excellent standards and service and I apologise that this was not your experience in this instance.

As with all our guests we try to maintain and develop high levels of customer care at all times, this can only be made possible with the help of customers such as yourself who inform me or my management team of your experiences.

On your next visit please make yourself know to me and I will personally look after you. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Hotel Wexford in the near future or should you wish to discuss these matters further with me please contact me directly on 053 9122566 or email declanmoriarty@talbothotel.ie

Kind regards

Talbot Wexford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
cardiff, UK
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Really, I was quite happy with most things in the hotel. I was stranded due to a ferry cancellation and had a satisfactory room.

A bonus is the free parking, whereas the internet is charged at 12 euro per 24 hours.

The real gripe I have is the checkout procedure. The clerk hid the chip and pin behind the desk so she could inout that I had chosen to pay in GBP rather than euros. This adds an extra charge on and, accroding to the merchant provider'r rules, is illegal. She kicked up a bit of a fuss when I asked the transaction to be cancelled and it just ruined an otherwise satisactory stay.

In all, it was just dishonest and uncomforatble.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jimmytravel
amsterdam
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Hotel has fine location and Wexford town is small. The rooms really could use refresh. Even though it’s a big hotel the overall service remained very friendly, a major plus and breakfast has great selection. We also had dinner there; this was fine and would consider it pub food.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
declaireland, Declan Moriarty, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, November 3, 2009
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to write your review, your views are extremely important to us as through feedback from past guests we can maintain the high standards which the Talbot Hotel offers but also it provides guidance on how to improve our level of service.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in Wexford and hopefully we will have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the Talbot Hotel again in the near future

Carlow
Reviewed October 20, 2009

From making our reservation to the moment we checked out, the Talbot Hotel, Wexford proved to be the perfect place to spend our 10th Wedding Anniversary. The Staff were so friendly and helpful and kind - the gorgeous young (Polish) lady in the bar even took our photo for us. A sweet young girl (from Wexford) in the Leisure Centre was so helpful about local info. and my husband received the most wonderful massage in the Spa. The food, the ambience, the entire package added to our special day and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for writing your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel especially since it being such a special occasion, we not only pride ourselves on making your stay a comfortable one but also to offer you excellent service which you experienced throughout the hotel

I look forward to welcoming you back to Talbot Wexford again in the future.

Scotland
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights and got a good price online for bed and breakfast. Nice big room on 4th floor at the front of the hotel so lovely views from the floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides of the room. When I arrived I asked about upgrading to be sure we had a view only to be told that we had already been given one for the great price we had paid! Room had everything we needed and was perfectly situated for shopping and eating out. Friendly staff. Hotel seemed to have mainly older people staying there - perhaps bus tours but this was not a problem and we would stay here again. Evelyn

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Evelyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Talbot Hotel. I believe it is very important to receive feedback from our customers like yourself on the service that you experience while staying at the hotel as it enables us to to maintain the high standards for which the Talbot Hotel is renowned.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt you received great value for your money, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to the Talbot Hotel in the near future.

Switzerland
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed in the Talbot for my parents 40th Wedding anniversary.
Staff were extremely professional, friendly and warm – they just could not do enough for us, have not seen this level of service in a long time.
Wheelchair facilities are excellent which contributed to how comfortable we all felt [my mum is in a wheelchair]
We ate in both the restaurant and the bar, and enjoyed both immensely.
The kids just loved the swimming pool, what a lovely perk for families staying here with children.
We count the Talbot hotel as a very special place that we will return to time and time again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
declaireland, Declan Moriarty, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, October 7, 2009
Dear Guest

I woudl like to thank you for writing such a lovely review.

Your views are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Talbot Hotel is renowned.

I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel on this special occasion, we not only pride ourselves on making your stay a comfortable one but also to offer you excellent service which you experienced throughout the hotel.

I hope in the near future we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Talbot Wexford.

Wexford
Reviewed September 18, 2009

The food was brilliant, plenty to choose, great quality, just the right amount and served by very attentive waiting staff. The rooms were spacious, reasonably priced and very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
declaireland, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, October 7, 2009
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to have read your review, your views and experience of our hotel are extremely important to us as we continually strive to offer our guests excellent four- star treatment in each area of our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you to The Talbot Wexford in the future.

_____________
Declan Moriarty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!