“rrally nice and welcoming hotel”
Review of Talbot Wexford

Talbot Wexford
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

we stayed in the hotel for Paddys weekend really enjoyed our stay so did my two sons.Claire in receptions is such a lovely lady to deal with and as for Paul Carr the manager what a complete gentleman the staff in this hotel are really nice people and nothing was too much hassel really makes you feel like your at home.Will look forward to my next return

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford.

I was so glad to read that both you and your Family had such an enjoyable St Patrick's Weekend with us. We really do have such a fantastic team of staff here, i am glad that you could experience this first hand.

Dick Walsh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,697)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Well what can I say about this wonderful hotel. I have stayed in this hotel about 8 times. I went again with my Mum and sister. My Mum's health was not good before she went. The hotel were very understanding. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The girls at reception, the restaurant, bar and cleaning staff. The room we stayed in had a beautiful view. Mum was in heaven. We used the room service during the day quite a lot. Excellent service. The food down in the restaurant was excellent. My sister and I also had great craic in the bar. My sister and I also did some shopping. So all in all a very big thumbs up. We will all be going back soon.
It was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We really do appreciate it when our guests take the time to share their feedback with us.

It was our pleasure to welcome you back again for another visit. I am glad that we could help in any way. I was happy to hear that you could relax and enjoy your stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back again for another visit! Please give our best wishes to your Mum and Sister.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is one of the Finest hotels in Wexford Rooms where clean beds very comfortable but the room are a little small but that wasn't a problem The staff were very helpfull We had dinner in the bar and enjoyed it We then went out for a walk on the along the pier The town's main street is bursting with lovely pubs and restaurants The pool is clean and the water was warm loved the jazuczi Will be back had a lovely time

Room Tip: we just booked and got our room so couldnt say unless you request it
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Wexford.
I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable and relaxing stay.
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back again for another visit soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My Wife and 10 year old son stayed in the Talbot Wexford for 2 nights in February and I could not find fault if I tried. The staff were excellent and could not do enough for us. We had originally booked 3 night B&B with evening meals included but unfortunately we had to come back home after 2 nights because my son got called to be filmed for a part he had auditioned for 3 weeks earlier. The receptionist (I forgot to get her name) was great and arranged for the porter to have breakfast for us at 6am so we could head back to Bray for 7:30am. The hotel only charged for 2 nights and the 3 night rate (thank you again)

We had a great time and it was great value for money. If I had one criticism it was the buffet style hot breakfast, I felt the hot food was lying on hot plates for to long. Suggestion prepare the fried eggs to order.

Room Tip: Look for the sea view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Noel K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent Family break with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford.
I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I am glad to hear that we could be of assistance and hope everything went well with the filming!
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the Talbot Hotel Wexford again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The Talbot Hotel in Wexford is in a great location a couple from town centre. The room was clean and bed was comfortable however the room was a little small. The bathroom had no separate shower . I like to have the telephone shower to wash my hair. The hair dryer broken and was really very old and not any good for drying any sort of long hair. Also dryer in bathroom which is not great if two people are sharing a room.
The staff were lovely and very helpful. Tea and coffee maker in room but no fridge. In room safe also.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for bringing the issues with your room to my attention. I can assure you that this is not the standard to expect from the Talbot Hotel Wexford.
We are committed to maintaining a high level of service in all areas of the Hotel.
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near Future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Myself & my husband had lunch in the Talbot last weekend. I can honestly say in my 43 years on this planet I have never tasted anything worse. It was inedible, absolutely disgusting. I had the misfortune of tasting it & left the dish virtually untouched. The waiter & waitress took away my full dish & chatted to themselves - no such thing as - was there something wrong with your dish? can we get you something else? No apology, no interaction with me the guest and yes - charged in full. It was last Saturday I had the misfortune of ordering the chilli beef nachos - and it took me until today to write my review - the reason for this is because the very thought of them made me queasy until now. To finish up - if you would like slop/dog food then off you go to the Talbot. But with such lovely other restaurants in Wexford I would steer well clear of The Talbot Hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear VeroniqueWexford,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to review your dining experience at Talbot Hotel Wexford, we take customers feedback very seriously as it assists us greatly in improving our service to our guests.

I have discussed your experience in our Ballast Bank Bar with our Bar Manager, Bar Staff and Head Chef, our Team are so disappointed by your comments. We would have loved an opportunity to resolve the issues you raise above at the time but unfortunately we were not given the opportunity. As you will see from previous Trip Advisor comments we are rated very highly for both our staff and Food. We are upset we didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would be delighted if you could contact me personally on 053 9122566 to discuss.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We arrived at our hotel the talbot at 2000hours on Thursday night to be greeted by very friendly staff - - we were quickly signed in ( Catherine Harrison and I) and received 2 room keys - the room was immaculate, the view from the room was outstanding, fantastic powerful shower, all the usual room freebies and easy to us TV - heavy night curtains - we slept like logs -- breakfast was palacial - very organised and plates nice and hot for the full irish - lovely bars and eatery also in hotel . . and pool ( you will need a swimming cap or a charge will be 2 euros 50 c to purchase) - be aware that if you require room service of extras there s an additional charge of 6 euros 50 c - plenty of ice avail at bar etc - location - for pubs and shopping - take the immediate first left - you have Heatons, Pennies, and some lovely shabby chic shops - also I recommend Robbies Ranch for food and Irish coffee ! Sky @: the Ground is a great pub - and we wanted to try Maggies Mays also - - next trip ! - -If you go straight down the key you ll come across Mooneys - ok but not the best place to hang out - taxi s coast around 5 euros to 10 euros to whizz about if it s raining and there s kebab shops too but I will say Zam Zam was disgusting - a kebab I would nt want to venture into again - or the shop ! - The Talbot is a must - i will be going back again this year x x

Room Tip: the fourth floor - in the twenty s - ask for sea view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your complimentary review and to see that you got to make the most of your time with us here in the Model County!!!
We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the Talbot Wexford for another visit!

Dick Walsh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!