“Jewel of the crown is the staff here”
Review of Talbot Wexford

Talbot Wexford
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
dublin ireland
“Jewel of the crown is the staff here”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just back from a 3 night break we had a 3 night deal through the hotel . Staff were from start to finish excellent and always said hello and were very attentive , they are a credit to the hotel. The Hotel is very central to the town and everything is within walking distance of the hotel shops , bars etc so just park the car and enjoy the stay . Food was amazing in the hotel restaurant as well as the Ballast bar food /carvery. we enjoyed both in the afternoons we stayed there portions were huge and we did not go hungry at all .large selection of food for breakfast to cater for all appetites . Live music in the bar on Wednesday night was very good , leisure facilites were excellent and clean on both occasions that we used them even the local people were very friendly , Well worth the visit and we will be back well done to all the staff .

1 Thank leinster l
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent 3 night stay with us at the Talbot Hotel Wexford. We have a really great team of staff here, and I’m delighted that you were able to experience all that we have to offer!

We look forward in welcoming you back to the Talbot Wexford for another visit.

Dick Walsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The public areas are modern, great welcome at reception. All staff we came into contact with were professional and friendly. We had a very generous sized room, with a great view over the river, pity it is not possible to utilise the balcony. Bar food/ carvery seemed expensive and the carvery limited. Leisure facilities were good. Would return as felt it was good value.

1 Thank annette s
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review online.
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Talbot Wexford. We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the Talbot Wexford in the near future.

Mayo
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed for one night in this hotel. On arrival the receptionist was very friendly so great customer service, all staff were friendly and courteous at all times. The reception area is very nice and the bar area is also nice. We were staying on the top floor and I think this is where I was wondering had I suddenly ended up getting a lift to a 1 star hotel. The lift is very old and dirty carpet so small things like this need changing. The room doors look tired and old, the room I was in the corner needs major updating.

The carpets were very clean, the sheeting on the bed seemed very old and the two beds pushed together to make it a double was disappointing, and also the mattresses seemed to be old. There was no iron in the room, but got one sent up to the room, the iron cover was filthy which again did not say to me I am staying in a 4 star hotel.

We used the leisure centre, the changing rooms are very outdated, the floors have no covering for standing on while getting changed etc, the tile work in the shower rooms in the changing rooms were very dirty and old and need changing. The swimming pool is small but nice to use and the jacuzzi was lovely.

We ate in the restaurant, it took 35 minutes to get the dinner, after the wait there was not a great deal of food on the plate for someone that was hungry, a big plate half filled. The food was quite nice but not the best I have had.

Overall the hotel needs major updating according to me, I have stayed in many 4 stars and to me I would not rate this one more than a 2 star. Perhaps we were just unlucky and got a bland room at the back of the building, however when I stay in a 4 star I expect 4 star standards in which I did not get. I really hope this hotel updates certain things and not let it go too far before its too late.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review with us.

The Talbot Hotel prides itself on providing excellent service standards and thus continues to attract thousands of happy guests who return to us time and time again. I am disappointed that your expectations were not met.

We have to date renovated over 30 of our bedrooms since 2012, along with our Gallery area.
We also have plans in place for further refurbishments on a phased basis.

I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you, and ask that you forward on your contact details so that I may discuss these issues with you directly, if you could forward on your contact details to dwalsh@talbothotel.ie.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

It's a nice four star hotel in on the Wexford waterfront. The lobby and bar area looks modern. Rooms are clean and up todate and have air conditioning(sometimes needed in Ireland). Restaurant staff seemed rushed and therefore service could have been better. Wifi is slow and drops frequently, it is sufficient to check email. Parking is free. Wexford is a clean town which is full of character.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Martin D
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.
We are really so grateful when our guests take the time to give us feedback. I am glad that for the most part you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Talbot Wexford.
Wexford really is a charming little town with so much to see and do.
We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back for another visit in the near future to show you some more of what the Talbot Wexford has to offer.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent place to stay. Food/ Bar and entertainment was top class. We had 20 in our group and could not fault the friendliness and efficiency of all the staff. Rooms were clean and views were exceptional A great weekend was had by all . We will be back..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that both you and your group could relax and enjoy your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford.
We have searched long and hard to find a great selection of musicians to keep our guests entertained.
We eagerly await your next visit, be sure to say hello!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 14, 2013

nice hotel
friendly staff

but breakfast could improve
if u don't want full irish not a lot on offer
fresh fruit about 5 piece (green apples)
yougurt in bowl away from fruit didn't see it 1st day
no sign to say you can have porraige ( seen some guests get it )

not a lots of staff slow at clearing down tables

dinner was very nice

enjoyed my stay

1 Thank ATTICROOM
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We really do appreciate it when our guests take the time to give us their feedback.

We welcome all feedback as it helps us to maintain the high standards for which we are renowned.
I certainly have noted your comments regarding our Breakfast selection, which are currently being reviewed.
I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back for another visit with us at the Talbot Hotel Wexford again soon!

Dunboyne, Ireland
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having recently spent a weekend in the hotel with a large party I can safely speak for everyone ,and say its a fantastic place to stay,very clean,friendly staff ,food was excellent on both evening that we ate there ,breakfast also was excellent and plenty to chose from once again I would not hesitate staying there again as we were looked very well over the course of our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. It is always great to receive such wonderful feedback!

I am absolutely delighted to hear that both you and your group enjoyed your stay with us here at the Talbot Wexford.

We pride ourselves on being like a ‘home away from home’ for our guests so I’m delighted you were able to relax and enjoy your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Wexford again in the near future!

Dick Walsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!