“A great breakaway”
Review of Talbot Wexford

Talbot Wexford
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here accompanied by my partner,both in are late 20's for 1 night with dinner included.loads of parking & the minute we walked in we felt welcomed by the receptionist.the bedroom had a lovely view of the sea & it took us 2 minutes to get to the main shopping area & the bars.that night we had dinner in the oyster restaurant and the waiter was very friendly & he couldnt do enough for us & the food was lovely.i would definetly return to this hotel & I'm already planning on bringing my mother for her bday.overall I think all the staff were friendly & they made us feel so welcomed & the hotel was spotless with a lovely atmosphere

• Stayed: September 2013
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you both for posting your review on Trip Advisor and for your much valued custom.

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I will pass on your comments to our wonderful team of staff, they will be delighted to hear your feedback.

I’m absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to go that little bit further here at the Talbot Wexford.
We look forward to your next visit, be sure to say hello!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My family (2 adults, 2 children, ages 1 and 4) stayed in this hotel for one night and we were very pleased. The staff is very friendly. The room was spacious enough for all of us (though not overly large), and everything was comfortable. The food in the adjoining bar was also outstanding, and the fitness center was nice and very large. I only wish they would have had adjoining rooms..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you of taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us at the Talbot Wexford.
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back again for another visit, so that you can experience some more of what the Talbot Wexford has to offer!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Another hotel that appears to be still struggling from the Global Financial Crisis. Reception staff were welcoming and helpful. Towels in the bathroom are of a standard that we would throw away at home. We had a superior room which has a view to the water and is nice but the bed is not comfortable and the bed cover needs replacing. The Bar/Restaurant meal was more enjoyable than the main restaurant mostly due to atmosphere created by staff, music and the number of diners. The main restaurant staff appeared to be just going through the motions and not a happy bunch. We returned a fork with food still attached from the last meal which was not checked when staff set the tables. For the price of the room it is probably fair value but definitely not a high quality hotel.

Not quite a four star hotel but ok against others of similar price around Europe.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have just returned from a two-night stay in the Talbot. I was very disappointed overall. The hotel has a very stale 'old' smell throughout despite looking modern from the outside. The decor is very outdated and bland. The breakfast was adequate despite the scrambled eggs lying in a pool of liquid - obviously well over-cooked. The dinner menu was adequate but the wine is way over-priced with a bottle of 'house wine' costing 24 euros!! There was no entertainment on a Sunday night. The hotel appears to attract a much older clientelle mid-week so not a hotel for the young and not so young guest! Overall, this hotel needs updating, regardless of who is staying. Despite these comments, the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. I would not return.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Myself & my partner stayed here the weekend just gone (30th & 31st August).
The hotel is lovely but I would not give it a 4 star rating. It is approx 5-10 mins walk to the main street. The hotel staff are extremely friendly & helpful. Our room however was tiny for a double room, we only had 1 set of towels in the bathroom. The room was also roasting which made it very hard to sleep, there was an AC unit but no remote control for it!! We did have a lovely partial sea view room though. Over all we had a lovely stay but I dont think we would stay here again although we will visit wexford again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Sadly our stay at the Talbot was very disappointing.

Firstly the room smelled terrible from smoke (wasn't given the option of non smoking when booking).

We paid a visit to the leisure centre and quickly left as the pool was EXTREMELY unclean (the jacuzzi was worse!)

After that we went to the bar and ordered lunch however the food wasn't cooked fully and the main came at the same time as the starter so by the time we had gotten to the main it had gone slightly cold. Staff we're nice although a different waiter came to us nearly every five minutes to see if we were ok.....not a bad complaint but I think having one person looking after the table would have been better.

The main meal in the restaurant was great but the service was terrible. It took us 15 mins to get our orders taken even though the restaurant was not busy at all. There was a major mood killer as four adults with two children were play really loud music from two separate tablet devices but none of the staff said a word to them. Also we had ordered a 3 course meal with tea or coffee however instead of the tea / coffee we were given the bill to sign and nobody came back to us.

Pro's: great view from room and the reception staff were very pleasant. Personally I'll be avoiding this hotel in the future.

For the cost of the room per night it was very bad value for money and I would look else were if going back to wexford....which is sad as I stayed here years ago and it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Make sure to get NON smoking if your not a smoker also note that on the weekend you can hear the liv...
Reviewed August 30, 2013

i stayed here last week and I have to give this hotel 100 out of 100.
the lady at reception could not be more helpful. the bar is big but cozy. had a perfect pint of the black stuff. the room was great and clean with a fantastic view over the bay. after a great sleep had a shower and followed that with a breakfast fit for a king. after checking out I bumped into the manager who took time out to ask me was everything ok. if only other hotels had a fraction of this superb service.
well done EVERYBODY in the Talbot.

Room Tip: take a room over the bay
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your much valued custom and for sharing your review with us.
I am so grateful for your kind words, I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay.

It gives us great satisfaction to know that our guests can truly relax and enjoy their stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you back again for another visit.

Dick Walsh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!