“Great location”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Dublin, Ireland
“Great location”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a lovely stay here in wexford. The location was excellent for exploring the town and surrounding area. The staff were lovely and friendly. Room was okay, comfortable but needs a revamp.. Also the kids club was great which gave some spare time to ourselves. Will definitely be back..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Talbot Hotel Wexford and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the kids enjoyed our Fun Filled Talbot Tigers Kids Club.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future for another visit.

Dick Walsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
Dublin
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just back from a 3 night stay in the Talbot. Brought my 1 year old along and must say the staff are friendly and accommodating. From the receptionists, to the cleaning staff everyone in the hotel is helpful and pleasant. Our room was spacious and had a great view of the harbour. We could hear the music in the bar below as we were on the 2nd floor but as it was a singer and guitar it was quite pleasant background noise. The breakfast was delicious and comprehensive and thanks to the information posted in the lift we knew to go down early or to expect delays. The leisure centre was clean and a great spot for kids. Dinner was tasty and there was something for everyone on the menu - including babybowls and fruit for small people. The hotel was easy to get to with ample parking and just generally felt like a great hassle free stay.

Room Tip: We really liked having the Harbour View - if you have small people and are room bound for a good dea...
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us and for your much valued custom.

I am thrilled to hear that both you and baby enjoyed your recent stay with us. We like to pride ourselves on being a “Home away from Home” for all of our guests, of every age!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another visit. Make sure to say hello!

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This Hotel was the last night of our tour in Ireland. I was lucky to have a refurbished room and it was a treat to have an immaculate bathroom a well furnished bedroom and a comfortable bed. The staff lived up to the 4 stars, very helpful and set up the breakfast very early for us. Great position near the Harbour, the harbour had many fishing trawlers anchored. The evening walk from the hotel along the harbour was fine for stretching legs after the journey
The room for the evening meal was a little cramped but the food was fine.

Room Tip: If possible get a refurbished room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you could relax and enjoy your recent short stay with us at the Talbot Wexford.
We look forward to welcoming you back to in the near future to experience some more of what the Talbot Wexford has to offer!

dublin
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an ideal choice for a short break, the staff are exceptionally friendly, the two we met, the receptionist and the breakfast matre'd . our room was 217 overlooking the harbor, its an old room but was once very high standard, some rooms to the rear on the fourth floor are refurbished.
The freebie shower gels etc amounted to a single bottle of shampoo/shower gel combined. serious pennypinching here, the same penny pinching is going on at breakfast time, no yogurts, few little fruit options, its the exceptionally friendly staff that keep this hotel from getting a 3 star from me, and the fact that their may be refurbishments going on. so give them a chance....they seem to be trying hard......but one little bottle in the bedrooms is 2 star stuff, the breakfast is 2 start too, the staff are 5 star, the rooms are 3 star, location is 5 star, the car park is in the public area. at 120euro a night its terrible value for money.

Room Tip: refurbished rooms on the 4th floor to the rear....for comfort and newness. rooms to the front for t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Talbot Hotel for a 3 night mini break.
On the positive side, the room was well equipped and spacious.
There was a lovely view of the harbour.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
Plenty of on site parking.

On the negative side,
There was a 3 course set menu included each night. and for a 4* Hotel it was disgraceful.
There were 4 main course options, Bacon & Cabbage, Chicken & Stuffing, Salmon steak and the last one escapes me.
I opted for the Bacon & Cabbage, it was tough and salty. The accompanying vegetable included baby potatoes. When cut open they were black. We pointed this out to the waitress who basically agreed with us and went off about her business. Very disappointing.
I know it was a set 3 night package, with a set price, but I don't see the point of cutting back on the food quality to meet the budget. We were expecting better.
We ate in the bar, which had an excellent menu, and good food, after that,
When we arrived in the room, there was a notice saying that there would be washing the hotel front on Monday & Tuesday, and to expect noise from 8.00am. This was not a problem as we arrived on Monday and so had missed one morning, or so we thought.
The cleaning, using a big motorised hoist was there again on Wed morning and again on Thursday morning. So every morning we were woken up at 08.00am on the dot. So much for a 3 night break.!! We did ask at reception, and we were told that they didn't really know much as it was not their machine !!
A few minor points, the room pass card never worked for the second day. Mine had to be recalibrated every day. No one seemed to know why.
The internet access code was laborious to log into, and only lasted 24 hours. You had to go to reception for the new code every day.
To sum up , a very nice hotel, good location, great views, nice rooms, Terrible food for a 4*.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ballycastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I really like this hotel, and my husband and our child have just enjoyed our third stay there. This time we opted for the 3BB 2D offer - previously we just ate in the bar. Great value, and I overheard other guests saying the same. The food in both the restaurant and the bar are great, and I have absolutely no complaints with this, or the staff - I've never been to a hotel where we've been made to feel so welcome. We always ask for a seaview room as our child loves to see the train go past. There is some traffic noise, but that's to be expected due to the location. However, the car park really lets it down - my husband wasn't keen on staying here again simply because of the whole issue of parking and I persuaded him. However even I am now of the opinion that it really spoils an enjoyable stay. There are signs saying that unauthorised vehicles will be clamped but this was clearly not enforced and our car reg wasn't taken on arrival. How my husband was able to manoeuvre the car out of that car park without scraping another car or ours I'll never know! Something needs to be done, as we'd love to return and I'd really recommend it. We didn't avail of the kids club but it's a great idea.

2 Thank SadieCamp
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share a review of your recent stay with us and for your much valued custom.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I fully take your comments about the Car Parks on Board. We do have a dedicated Car Park attendant on duty daily from and are taking this issue very seriously, I can assure you.

I do hope that this doesn’t deter you from visiting us again, as we would love to welcome you back for another visit to the Sunny South East.

Groomsport, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed over a Friday and Saturday night and had requested a quiet room. While it should have been quiet on the fifth floor, our sleep was disturbed by the mechanics of the nearby lift and the constant banging of bedroom doors throughout the night. (It was not possible to close the door properly without banging it !) Why can all hotels not have doors that close quietly !!!!
Breakfast on the Saturday morning was fairly chaotic. There was no one to direct you to a table, tables were half cleared, the buffet table was not tidied or re-stocked ! While there were plenty of staff, they seemed to lack organisaton. I spoke afterwards with the Manager and he apologised and said things should be better next day. It was much improved on Sunday. Dinner on Friday night in the Dining room was a noisy affair as there was a large party nearby. We dined out the next night. The bedroom was modernly furnished but the window did not close properly and the shower had not been thoroughly cleaned. There was also black mould in the shower tray. Staying at this hotel is not cheap and I would have expected better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!