“Talbot Hotel Wexford”

Talbot Wexford
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
“Talbot Hotel Wexford”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am just back from a brief stay in the Talbot hotel Wexford and i must say i cannot fault this hotel, staff and service were excellent.
I got a fantastic facebook deal for 2adults and 1child for a one night stay, bed and breakfast and a 4 course meal and an upgrade to a seaview room all for 89.00eur :) :)
The food in the restaurant is amazing can not say one bad thing about it !
I look forward to staying in this hotel again in the near future it really was a lovely overnight break (p.s keep the facebook deals coming ha :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad you got to experience the best we have to offer on your recent overnight stay.
We have some fantastic Summer packages in the pipeline for the coming months, watch out for updates on our Facebook page and website.
We hope to see you again soon!

Dick Walsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed overnight for a concert held locally.
Ideally situated in town, close to shops, pubs and other amenities and large on-site car parks.

Staff couldn't be more helpful. Rooms were functional but comfortable and clean.
We ate in the bar restaurant, food was very good and a lot of choice at a good price.

Wide selection for breakfast buffet.

Would stay there again.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope you enjoyed your concert.

We really do have the ideal location, being so close to the main street but with views of Wexford Harbour. We find our guests love to be able to park up their cars in one of our two complimentary Car parks and experience all that our wonderful little town has to offer on foot.

We hope to welcome you back to visit us at the Talbot Wexford soon.

athlone
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Myself and my wife had a week off work so we decided to stay somewhere for a few days. I searched a few places online and eventually decided on The Talbot Hotel in Wexford. We were able to get 2 nights B&B midweek for 260euro.

We arrived at the hotel at about 3p.m. and were greated by very friendly checkin staff at reception who gave us our room keys and told us about dinner, breakfast and anything else that might have interested us, anyway off we went to our room. We arrived at the lift with two other people, but when the lift eventually arrived back at the ground floor, there was only room for two, so being a gentleman (lol), I told the elderly pair to go first. We waited and waited and waited but the lift took an age to get back to us, this was a theme to run throughout the two night stay. When we did get to our room, we found it to be full of men......painting the walls.....back to the lift....after a lifetime went by, we got back to reception who sorted us out with another room, but no apologies.

We settled into the room, which to be honest was pretty small, but clean. But now for the one and only problem of the stay.......the double bed was two single beds pushed together, I have stayed in many many hotels around the world and this has only happened to us once before.....on the night of our wedding (stop laughing), the bed was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever tried to sleep on...sleep was immpossible.

Breakfast was very good, a fairly decent choice, not great but ok, one area where maybe they could improve on was I felt there could be more staff to help out at breakfast time, eg, for tea, toast etc.

My wife tried the pool and found it to be pretty cold, but some regular ladies at the pool told her that that day it was warmer than usual, but the pool was clean and hotub...hot. Another thing I found pretty alarming was my wife told me that a school group(aged 6-9 approx) arrived to use the pool while she was there, and they seemed to have no supervision in the changing rooms, who knows who could have been staying at the hotel and using the changing rooms while these children were in there. Does nobody watch the news!!!!!!

The food in the Ballast Bar was some of the best tasting food I have had anywhere, top restaurants included, in Ireland. Everything in here from the decor, the bar staff, the waiting staff to the food was exceptional and we ate here on both evenings of our stay.

The hotel itself, while we were there was undergoing room updating, remember our first room, but the upgrades did not impact on our stay, no noise, smells or dust that you might expect from these kind of works. All areas of the hotels I saw were clean.

All of the hotel staff we encountered during our stay, without exception, were friendly, inviting and helpfull, in my view this hotels main asset.

On checkout, we told reception about our only problem...the bed...we were told that they did have proper double beds but lots of hotels use two single bedds pushed together for room flexability....I can understand that...but I didn't sleep.

Would I recommend this hotel, of course, but on one condition, if you book a double...you get a double.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, river view...and make sure if you want a double that it is actually a double bed...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and for your much valued feedback.

I would like to apologise for the instance that occurred with your first room, I can assure you that it is not an everyday occurrence for us.
We do use Single beds for room flexibility indeed but I certainly take your comments on board and am sorry your sleep was affected.

I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience in our recently renovated Ballast Bar, our Bar Food is indeed delicious.

I do hope you will visit us again at the Talbot Wexford again soon.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed last week in this hotel on an overnight B&B plus evening meal basis.
The hotel is in a great location, right on the harbor front which has a super boardwalk.
There were six adults in my group, two of them were visitors from USA.
The hotel check-in was quick, efficient and most friendly. The rooms were spacious, spotlessly clean with tea & coffee making facilities.
We ate in the hotel restaurant for our evening meal and for breakfast on the day of our departure.
The food was just excellent and it was one of our best dining experiences. The food was gourmet in every respect.
After the meal, we enjoyed the evening entertainment in the bar.
This is an old hotel and is full of character and charm. All of the staff are super friendly and highly efficient. Another nice touch was that we were offered to extend our stay for another night for just €29 per couple including breakfast. Unfortunately, due to other commitments, we could not avail of this but we would have loved to stay longer.
We will certainly return to this hotel again in the not too distant future as the overall experience was excellent and our stay was great value for money. It's location is also great for touring some of the scenic areas of Counties Wexford and Waterford.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are best
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that your entire group enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We constantly strive to be a “Home away from Home” for all of guests and I am glad that you were able to relax and enjoy your experience with us.
I do hope you will visit us again soon, we have some great value packages in the pipeline for the Summer months,keep a look out on our Facebook page & website for more details.

Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. The bar prices remained the same all night, not like some wedding venues I have been at where they rise every hour (a practice that I think is despicable). The food was great and there were lots of friendly staff available. Our room on the 5th (top) floor was really great with lovely views of the beautiful Wexford Harbour and Raven Point in the distance.

Breakfast had everything that you could think of and lots of space in the bar and lobby for chatting before heading for home.
Hotel has free parking and wifi. Cant remember if wifi was free.
There are 2 fast lifts and a fine stairs to get you to and from your rooms. I was told that there is a vending machine on the first floor, which is handy. I would highly recommend this place for a stay.

Room Tip: Get a room with a harbour view and near the top floor if possible. The afternoon tea for two for les...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Talbot Wexford and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
We are renowned throughout the County for our sheer professionalism and superior service,We enjoy playing our part to help make each of our Wedding Couples day special. I am glad you enjoyed the Wedding and every aspect of your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back to the Talbot Wexford again soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in the Talbot Hotel for 3 nights as I was attending a conference in Wexford. The Staff were very friendly and the rooms were very nice, mine had a sea view. The bed was very comfortable and the telly huge. The leisure facilities were what stole the show! Excellent and very well equipped gym accompanied by a pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. The only negative I had was that the breakfast although good was served from those buffet canteen trays and then heated for you under a lamp. It should either be buffet or menu and waiter service.

Room Tip: Mine was near a fire door and lift but no where near as loud as most of the other hotels I've st...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am thrilled that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed our Quay Leisure centre.
We hope to welcome you back to us at the Talbot Wexford again soon, make sure to say hello!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with the girlfriend, we had a voucher to use, its a nice looking hotel, lovely bar, bar food was lovely too. Having access to the pool and gym was great, i made sure to go down to the pool both days i was there. All the staff int he hotel were friendly and helpfull. The only complaint i would have is the room, it was very small for the price we paid in the voucher, and the bed was like sleeping on a huge rock, was no way comfortable. And the signal for the TV was terrible, kept jumping and going off, very annoying when you just want to relax in the room.

Dear Guest,

We are currently in the process of updating our bedrooms on a phased basis. At the moment we have already updated over 45 bedrooms in the past two years.
I do hope you will visit us again, just mention your last stay and we will try to allocate you one of our best rooms.

Dick Walsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!