“Good value”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Tipperary, Ireland
“Good value”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I arrived at 12 o'clock so my room wasn't ready but I checked in anyway as I was going to a conference and I wanted the room to be available for my daughter before I came back. I left her phone number with the receptionist and she said she would ring her in a couple of hours when the room ws ready. Unfortunately, she didn't ring and when my daughter went in at 4pm she was given a different room to the one I had booked. She got a double instead of a twin. The receptionist sorted it out and was apologetic for not contacting her earlier and for giving her the wrong room. The hotel was nice, with a nice leisure centre. The breakfast and dinner which were included in our package was very good value for money. The wifi was easy enough to use, but you need to get a new code from reception every day as it only lasts 24 hours, and if you have two or more devices eg. laptop and mobile phone with wifi, you would need a code for each one.

Room Tip: The third floor is very smoky around the corridors and the room was also a bit smoky the first night...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and for your much valued custom.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Wexford.Standard check in here at the Hotel is 4pm. I would like to apologise any inconvenience caused with the mix up with your room, and I am glad it was rectified.

We hope to welcome you back to the Talbot Wexford again soon.

Dick Walsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Bitterly cold in Wexford but the Hotel was nice and warm and the staff were all quite pleasant and helpful. Wide variety for breakfast (the usual generic Hotel fare) and tasty enough. Lovely clean, warm room with large TV screen and free Wifi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I was attending a conference at a nearby hotel. I had lunch at their carvery which was excellent. Good food, good value for money, very helpful staff. Room was fine. Wifi was a problem which as a business user was a problem. You have to access it through bitbuzz which I could not seem to manage. Other hotels provide open access wifi which seems to be the best.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Wexford.
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate your comments regarding Bitbuzz and take your comments on board.
I do hope you will visit us again.

Dubiln
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent the easter weekend in the Talbot Hotel Wexford, I rang the hotel twice before we went down to check different datails & spoke to different members of staff & on both occasions found the staff to be extremely helpful&friendly so much so it gave me good feeling before we even got there. Upon arrival our room wasnt ready ( we were 2 hrs early) but we had some lunch & when we went back bout an hr later our room was ready, unfortunately it was a smoking room & as neither of us are smokers i just couldnt stay in it but there was absolutely no problem the staff were so helpful& changed us to another family room without any hassle or fuss, the room we got was lovely&fresh, very clean, kids loved the pool& kids club, my daughter didnt want to come home, would defo come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NIc1509
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and for your much valued custom.
I am glad you and your family enjoyed your recent Easter Break with us.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to us at the Talbot Wexford again soon. We have some fantastic, great value family packages in the pipeline for the Summer Holidays. Just give us a call the next time your coming down and well tell you all about it!

Longford, Ireland
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The weather was very cold when we visited (March 22 to 24). The hotel was very warm and comfortable. Our room was comfortable and quiet with good space. Staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful and interested in looking after guests.
We would recommend this hotel and we would like to revisit it again.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the car park with a view of the city. Rooms at the front of the hotel are looki...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you could relax and enjoy your recent stay with us. March did indeed prove to be a month of many weathers!
We hope to welcome you back to the Talbot Wexford again soon, hopefully the weather will be a lot warmer! We have some fantastic spring/summer offers for the next few months so keep your eyes peeled!

Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hotel room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable and our room overlooked the harbour.

Breakfast was lovely and there was plenty of everything.

The bar staff were friendly but I wasn't too keen on the bar food. Everything came with chips......I'm not a lover of chips and they weren't even nice chips. It's a hotel with a resturaunt so a dish with rice or boiled potatoes would have been nice.

The staff in the swimming pool were lovely and very helpful.

There is a 'kids club' where the kids go and watch a movie or play games for a couple of hours, it's great to give parents a break. Overall the Talbot hotel was really nice. I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent short break with us here at the Talbot Wexford.
We constantly strive to maintain our top four star standards in every area of the hotel, i am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast selection and take your comments about the Bar food sides on board.
We hope to welcome you back to the Talbot Wexford again soon, make sure to say hello!

drogheda
Reviewed March 28, 2013

we had great time staff super friendly food good,great parking leisure centre very good,
but most important craic with staff. the staff made it for us, reception with information on places to see and what to do. waiters on menu with what to eat and as only the irish can, have fun with what we should drink, we will be back and have told all our friends its the hotel to visit

Room Tip: we had rooms 143, 144 they were so quiet no passing traffic were amazing
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and for your kind comments.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were well looked after by our wonderful team of staff.
We hope to welcome you back to the Talbot Wexford again soon.

Dick Walsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!