“brill !!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
aberdare wales
“brill !!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

been to wexford many times and this is by far the best hotel we have stayed at!!
situated 5 mins from town centre,bars etc.lovely view overlooking the sea.
food was amazing-breakfast choice was great.
staff very helpful and friendly.10/10

Room Tip: we had 4 rooms and each one was excellent so i wouldnt worry about room quality.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TalbotWexford, General Manager at Talbot Wexford, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review and for your much valued custom.

We look forward to wlecoming you back to the Talbot Wexford again in near future- we have some great offers at the moment for the coming months so keep your eyes peeled!

Dick Walsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is nicely situated on the quays in Wexford town and has ample parking. The lobby is very nice, modern and colourful. We paid the extra 20 euro for a sea view, but we were disappointed. When we entered the room, the first thing we saw was the apartment block across the way. When you stand to the side of the window, you can see the sea! We didn't argue the toss as you could see the sea - but we wished we'd checked out the room first before upgrading.

We liked the room and the bed was a good size and very comfortable. The room was nicely decorated and the TV had an excellent picture and lots of channels. A few things - the panel on the bath was coming away, the toilet flush wasn't great and the bottom of the inside hotel door was peeling away. Not a four-star finish. We didn't get our room cleaned and thought it was a nice touch to find a bag full of fresh towels, shower products and tea/coffee/milk outside our door.

I've never stayed in a hotel with such good soundproofing and I was glad of it when the people next door were shouting and playing music in the early hours and I could hardly hear it. Plus we didn't hear any traffic noise.

There wasn't much choice on the dinner menu - and it was quite old-style (melon starter). And the €8 and €10 supplements on the steaks are the highest supplements I've ever seen. Dessert was an assiette - so while a choice, not a choice as it was the only dessert offered to us. We had to ask the waiter to remove our dessert plates after he took the effort to place our coffees strategically around the empty plates.

The breakfast was very nice. No complaints about the food. However, the service was blase. The waitress told us to pull out the table and chairs after my husband's chair nearly went through the grate it was resting on.

The facilities were very good - a well equipped gym and a swimming pool.

In all, a nice hotel, but some enthusiasum and a friendly smile would go a long way.

1 Thank nicnac37
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write your review.

I am disappointed that you feel your room and your experience in our Oyster Lane Restaurant let you down. It is most unusual to hear such comments, I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention I will certainly look into this further.

I do hope you will visit us again where we will allocate you one of our best rooms and try to ensure that your next experience with us will be much more enjoyable.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to Wexford over the long weekend, it was a great time friendly staff all around. In the bar the food is up too a very high standard and the staff are really friendly in the bar. Jason and James were very friendly in the bar area and made u feel like u were right at home. The room in the Talbot was nice looking over the keys which was nice view. I ave to say it was another pleasant experience and will return soon :)

Room Tip: Ask for one facing one facing the keys
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your St Patricks Bank Holiday Weekend with us at the Talbot Wexford.
We certainly had a very busy weekend and really enjoyed this years St Patricks Day celebrations and glad you did too.

We hope to welcome you back to the Talbot Wexford again soon.

Dublin
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed here many times and would previously have recommended the hotel - BUT-
it has gone downhill.On check-in my booking could not be found even though my friend on the same booking had checked in 5 mins before me. The room - 145- was freezing on arrival at 6pm. I went to reception and was shown another room but this was also cold and had a plug in heater indicating someone else had a problem. A friendly staff member brought the heater to our room. There was no curtain/blind on the window which overlookedl the vents on the roof of the kitchens.The decor was shabby with old flat pillows and duvet. The water in the shower was either dangerously hot or cold. Breakfast had a poor choice- tinned fruit, no freshly chopped- natural yogurt no other choice, and a dried up fry. I would not recommend this hotel.

3 Thank Holiday_peopleDublin
Dear Guest,

I would like thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am very disappointed to learn that your expectations were not met during your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing excellent standards and service and I apologise that this was not your experience in this instance. I would like to apologise for the delay in Checking in and for the heating issues we experienced in the hotel during your stay. I can assure you that these issues have been rectified.

I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you, and ask that you forward on your contact details so that I may discuss these issues with you directly,

swansea
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a long weekend with friends. The hotel facilities were really good, rooms were clean and tidy.We ate 1 evening meal at the restaurant and the food was amazing.Great Irish breakfast every morning. Location was good to explore the town
Good value for money.
Highly recommended

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We pride ourselves on being like a ‘home away from home’ for our guests so I’m delighted you were able to relax and explore all that wonderful Wexford has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Wexford again in the future and make sure to say hello!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at Talbot hotel 5th Feb to 8th Feb 2013.
Great hotel food & leisure facilities excellent could not fault anything at this hotel. Staff very very friendly.
Looking forward to visiting this hotel Again in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr Smith & Family,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review and for your valued custom.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience all that we have to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Wexford, Hopefully the Weather will be a little better!

Westport, Ireland
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just back from a wonderful 3 day stay in your Hotel. We had a beautiful room overlooking the sea.Food and leisure facilities excellent. we were made very welcome from the moment we arrived . All the staff were very helpful & friendly. We could not find any fault during our stay. Hope to be back soon again with family & friends

Dear Guest,

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Wexford again in the future,

Dick Walsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Talbot Wexford? Share your experiences!