“Vegan Friendly, Great Food and Lovely Atmosphere”
Review of Opera Steakhouse and Pizzaria - CLOSED

Opera Steakhouse and Pizzaria
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I visited this resturant in August and as a vegan it was the best food I ate during my stay in Wexford. I usually have problems explaining what I eat and dont eat but this was different. Really friendly staff, the chef Antonio came to the table and told me what he could create for me which was delicious. He was in the process of developing a seperate vegan menu with vegan versions of traditional Italian foods. He makes his own vegan alternative to dairy foods cheese, milk and cream. This menu is now available and offers several vegan starters, mains and desserts. I would recommend this resturant to anyone vegan, vegetarian or ominivore. My two friends had the fish option which was also decidely delicious.

1  Thank Noreen O

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I visited this intimate restaurant on our honey moon. The food was outstanding the service was amazing and the whole experience was out of this world. I recommend this place to everyone who visits irelands south east!

2  Thank Lecosanne
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had starters and mains here and just couldn't find any room for pudding by the time we were finished. The portions were massive and the early bird menu more than filled us for the night. Its a little tricky to find it as it is not quite on the main drag and we came across it by accident but were delighted that we did.

Food was to our liking, well cooked. If you have a family I would suggest that this is an ideal setting as you are bound to find something that everyone will like.

The waiter was lovely and at the end of the meal asked if we would like a photo taken with the three of us in it. A really lovely thought at the end and definitely meant he had a bigger tip than we would normally give :) Well worth a visit.

1  Thank wicklowexile73
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service, beautiful food, loadza bread fresh and tasty, kids eat free!! And proper espresso

Decor is superb!

1  Thank luvmygrub1204
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had the 8oz Striploin mouthwatering!
Husband had the filet mignon, mouthwatering!

Best Steak I have ever had in Ireland, I honestly don't like ordering steak in restaurants as you really don't know what you are going to get. Our hotel recommended this restaurant to us, and the taxi driver John told us we MUST order the steak. Great advise as it was delicious.

Prices are very reasonable.
Family Friendly
Visited midweek and it was quiet
Staff are very very nice
Will Definitely recommend to anyone I meet.
Will Definitely visit this restaurant again the next time I'm in Wexford.

So bottom line is order the steak.