“Simply has to be one of the best in Ireland” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Whites Hotel

Clayton Whites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Wexford
ireland
“Simply has to be one of the best in Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed here last week, my third time at this hotel and it just keeps getting better. From the minute you step inside the door you are welcomed by some of the nicest people in the hospitality industry. (Especially Laura on Reception with her fantastic smile and manner). A modern, clean and comfortable hotel which is a must to visit when in Wexford. The cleanliness of every aspect of the hotel is visible from the get go. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable and very well serviced. The bar and dining room are of exceptional quality with a fantastic range of food and drinks available from , once again, charming helpful happy staff. I highly recommend a stay in this hotel if you get the chance. Well done Whites of Wexford.

Room Tip: Floors 4 & 5 are well worth every cent.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeterWOW, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear kieranmicheal

Thank you for your very positive comments and I will be delighted to pass on your review to all our team members I’m sure they will take great encouragement your comments particularly in the middle of a very busy season when they are under constant pressure. We take great pride in offering our customers the highest levels of customer service and agree that Laura is an excellent ambassador for the hotel and we really look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Peter Wilson
pwilson@whitesofwexford.ie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here for an overnight break with a massage in the spa. When we arrived to check in at 1pm we were told our room would not be ready until 2pm, which was fine as we got lunch in the lobby. Having liked the sound of the shredded duck wrap with Chinese leaves, apple and hoi sin sauce, I was extremely disappointed to eat a wrap with barely any duck, only hoi sin sauce on one side of the wrap and duck fat flowed out of the bottom of the wrap. Disappointing! At 2pm when we went to check in we were told our room would not be ready until 5pm! No apology, no anything! We were just told the hotel was full the night before so it was taking longer to service rooms, as if that was acceptable for delaying us checking in. We had our massage booked for 3pm in the spa so went down for that which was lovely but we were unable to use the thermal spa as it was too busy. When we did get to enter our rooms at 5pm, it was clear they had been serviced in a rush. For dinner we ate in the Terrace restaurant, with the set menu. For starters we ordered mussels in a white wine broth. As the bowl of mussels arrived, what we actually got was a bowl of mostly empty shells with about a quarter of the shells actually containing mussel meat. the broth was a tasteless puddle of liquid with chunks of onion. Worst serving of mussels I have even eaten. Next for mains, came the pan fried hake. Somehow it was overcooked on the outside and nearly raw in the middle. I had to leave half of the small portion that was on the plate. The only half decent element was the raspberry creme brulee for dessert. Overall, a very disappointing stay with an even more disappointing meal. Would definitely not stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Siobhan M
Dear Siobhan

I would like to sincerely thank you for having taken the time to review your recent stay with us here at Whites of Wexford,

We take very seriously our responsibility to provide you with the highest possible standards of customer care and service at all times. All the other points raised by you will be discussed at our weekly management meeting, and where improvements are required these will be acted upon immediately. We all work extremely hard to ensure that our guest’s expectations are not only reached but surpassed and I am disappointed that we have failed in some areas on this occasion.

I would like to thank you for the constructive way in which you delivered your comments, it is a great complement to us when our patrons take the time and trouble to inform us of their perceptions of this hotel and I do hope that your experiences on this occasion will not deter you from using the hotel in the future.

We obviously wish to retain you as a customer and should you decide to visit us again please contact me directly here at the hotel and I will make all the necessary arrangements for your stay and ensure that your visit is the success you are entitled to expect.

Yours sincerely

Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed here on business in July. I could smell the stale smoke as soon as I got out of the lift. I didn't specify non smoking but if I'm being put in a smoking room I expect to be told.

The room was a bit dated, no iron or ironing board. I'm sure they'd have one sent down if I asked. The bed was two singles pushed together. There was scaffolding outside my window.

I booked late so maybe I got the tail end but the price I paid far from reflected that which is why I feel I need to be critical.

The food in the bar was good and breakfast was good too. There were a few groups staying there at the time and looked to be having great fun which was nice.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Paule025
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed for one night on our return to UK- it was expensive for what it is and if you are looking for peace, and a quiet nights sleep this is not for you. The general atmosphere is that of a very busy airport- type hotel, chaos and pandemonium prevail.

The general appearance is garish -the restaurant colours being overpoweringly black and purple, and in great expanses.

To reach our room involved negotiating a maze like journey involving various lifts and confusing corridors.

Our room overlooking the terrace afforded us the delight of raucous conversation and shouting to 4 am and this is something that the hotel management should take some responsibility for,in that they failed to intervene.

White's Hotel in the past had a reputation as a very good county hotel- but alas since the developers in their wisdom have taken over this I'm afraid is well and truly a reputation that no longer applies.

The staff, by the way, were excellent and to a certain extent compensated for everthing else.

This is the first occasion ever that I have felt it my duty to others to give what is not a good review-I hope it helps somebody.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
PeterWOW, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your review and for bringing your experience to our attention.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us at Whites of Wexford has not been a positive one and that the level of business in the hotel was uncomfortable for you. I’m sorry that your sleep was disturbed for noise in our court yard, we do make a lot of effort to ensure that all our guests have a good night’s sleep however sometimes it is difficult to guard against the inconsiderate behavior of some guests and I apologise for that. We do value your feedback highly as it will give us the opportunity to improve our services going forward.

I do hope that on your next visit to Wexford that you would consider Whites again and I can assure you that if you contact me directly I will ensure that you are allocated a room that is far away from the court yard and any potential noise.

Many Thanks for your review

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

By and large our experience in White's of Wexford was a very positive one. We stayed there at the end of July 2014 and It is a lovely hotel. The check in staff are lovely and couldn't do enough for you. The facilities are by and large what you would expect.
Where the hotel fell down for us was in the cleanliness. When we went into our room my wife spotted a large hair sticking out from the UHT Milk cartons on the tray beside the kettle. There was a layer of dust on the bedside lockers also. This did not change for the three nights we were in the hotel.
On our third day in the hotel we came back to the room in the early afternoon. The bed had been made but nothing else. Glasses had not been replaced and in the shower there was a large woman's hair stuck to the tiles in thew wet room.
While we liked the hotel as a whole and Wexford is a lovely town to visit we feel that the hotel could be a bit more careful in ensuring that rooms are tidied and cleaned properly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dermot M
Dear Dermot

Thank you for your review and I’m glad that you’re overall experience at Whites was a positive one. I am sorry about the issues you encountered with the servicing of your room, I have discussed your comments with my accommodation manager and hopefully and hopefully this problem has been rectified.

We appreciate you bringing them to our attention and look forward to seeing you again here at Whites of Wexford, if I can be of further assistance to you please feel free to contact me directly at pwilson@whitesofwexford.ie.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Awful experience... heaters were not Working. Room was like a freezer and staff was not helpful nor friendly to help us solve the problem. Never go back to that hotel. Pitty the surroundings are lovely.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
PeterWOW, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Bosce

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Whites of Wexford, please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced with the heating in your room, it is unclear from your review which room you stayed in and I’d be grateful if you could advise on this and afford me the opportunity to investigate this problem further.

I am genuinely most disappointed that you found our staff unhelpful, as you can see from our numerous other reviews this would not be the normal view of our guests and I am sorry that you felt undervalue.

We most certainly value you as a customer and appreciate your comments, if I can be of further assistance to you at any time please contact me directly.

Many Thanks

wexford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, the staff are lovely the food was fantastic yum yum The rooms were spotlessly clean, the bar staff are lovely and a young bar girl called Sara Jane really made our night good fun very accommodating I will be back thank you

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank vony9
Dear Vony9

Thank you for your very positive comments and I am delighted you found our staff to be helpful as we take great pride in offering our customers the highest levels of customer service. I do agree that Sarah Jane in our bar is an excellent ambassador for the hotel and we really look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Peter Wilson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Talbot Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Clayton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!