“Very enjoyable 3 night break”

Clayton Whites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wexford
Northern Ireland
“Very enjoyable 3 night break”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a very comfortable hotel, serving good food. The bedrooms are very spacious although the furniture perhaps needs replacement. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the railway and bus station and is central to the shops and restaurants of Wexford. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in Whites on 8th and 9th of November. Overall I thought the hotel was lovely, however I noticed a few things that could be improved... We booked a 'double' room which was 2 single beds pushed together. Didn't like that as beds came apart, and for a romantic couple of nights away it was disappointing. Also the bathroom (shower only) was quite basic. Seems like they are scrimping on little touches like individual hand soap, shampoo etc... There are dispensers instead which is a bit cheap looking. In saying that the room was clean and it had good black out curtains for a decent sleep. Also lots of tea/coffee/ milk supplied which is great cause there usually isn't enough.The room had a view of the court yard which is nice but the design of the courtyard is a bit all over the place (potted plants plotted randomly). We had breakfast both mornings and it was very good. Overall our stay was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: If a couple ask for a double bed not too singles pushed together.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Millie-Ella
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I checked into this hotel for a two night stay, attending one meeting at the hotel and another meeting nearby. I found the reception staff very welcoming and a very nice gentleman helped me to my room with my luggage. The room was very spacious and warm with a great bathroom and a very comfortable bed. The leisure center was very nice with very helpful staff and the facilities were very clean.Breakfast could have been hotter on both mornings and the coffee was not great but once I brought this to the attention of the staff they were very prompt in replacing the items for me. I ate in the hotel on one evening and found the meals on offer very varied and well priced and the service staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Do not select a standard room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I visited Whites again in October, my third visit. It is still the best hotel in Wexford Town in my opinion. Rooms are very clean & spacious although I don't really like wet room bathrooms. On the first night of a 3 day visit our tv wouldnt work properly but within 5 minutes of my speaking to reception they had someone up to the room and the TV working, great customer service as usual! Breakfast has everything and more you could need to set you up for the day. The hotel is perfectly situated in middle of Wexford Town, just cut through the hotel and out to the main street.
The bar is very comfortable with good entertainment at the weekend but unfortunately I didnt like the bar food, like a previous reviewer I feel it could do with changing a little. I personally found the soup quite bland and the chips seemed to have been reheated at least twice, they were like bricks, icecream for dessert was very icy. Although the girl that served us was very helpful and friendly.
We did also have a meal in the restaurant and the food there was gorgeous, steak was perfect as were all the accompanying vegetables and desserts.
Pool and Spa area were absolutely brilliant, best out of any of the hotels I have been too in Ireland.
I found the Whites staff to be extremely helpful, efficient and friendly at all times which makes all the difference. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Usually stay in Whites when in Wexford with the kids. This time however it was just myself and the Hubby. I like Whites, it's a good dependable hotel and a very relaxed one with great location in Wexford Town. They never mind d kids running about the place and it's a must for families. Usually d food is good however on my last visit the meal we had was poor but we were refunded for one of our meals which took the sting out of it. I do think they need to change d bar menu a bit and put some healthier food for kids up on it. Other than that it's a great hotel and I will be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Claremorris, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we have stayed at one other Whites hotel and were very disappointed so we were not sure what to exspect, we did not book the hotel, we went with our Active retirement group, this Hotel had , had a major refurbishment have had a fire two years ago, I must say that we were very pleasently surprized, the standard of the hotel was very high, the room were very comrotable and the staff very helpful at all times and we had a most enyorable stay

Room Tip: the town is quite near but might be a bit hard to get to if you have walking difficultys or pushing...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bologna, Italia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As every year I was going for a few days for the festival staying at the White's. This time I was on the 5th floor that gave a wonderful panoramic view of Wexford, the room is nice and spacious and the possibility to use the swimming pool and the gym is a wonderful extra.

Room Tip: Ask the top floors for panoramic view of the town.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wexford
Talbot Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Clayton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!