“What a find in Wexford!”
Review of Greenacres

Greenacres
Ranked #16 of 152 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Greenacres is located in Selskar in the heart of Wexford town. Selskar is one of the oldest trading areas in Leinster with a history which can be traced through Cromwellian and Norman times. Greenacres now incorporates retail, a selection of exceptional wines, and homemade food and artisanal cheese. A spacious Art Galleries with Contemporary Irish art and sculpture, A Relaxed dining in a unique atmosphere, that is Greenacres Restaurant.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Greenacres was really buzzing during the Wexford Opera Festival. The staff were excellent in seating customers as soon as possible. Coming from London this place is a real find and I would love to have this remarkable place closer to home! A bit like Fortnum & Mason with better food and cheaper prices and definitely a friendlier Irish atmosphere.
Great food, wonderful wines and superb and friendly service.
We only managed to squeeze in a couple of light lunches during our long weekend in Wexford. Next time we're at the Festival, we'll be back.
I must agree about the quality of the art and the ridiculous prices being asked but with lovely classical music being played spending a little time in the upstairs galleries was very pleasant - especially when followed by such a great lunch with wonderful wines.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lunch with our new arrival and my parents and we decided to go back to Greenacres. Our waitress was the same girl we had last time. We must have created an impression because she remembered us and cooed over Junior which made mammy and granny very proud. Unfortunately, I don't have her name but she was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. We ordered a crab salad, duck confit and pork. The menu was comprehensive and had a lot of dishes that I would go for. Our food arrived quickly and was delicious.Again, Top Class. One critcism would be the small amount of vegetables for us to share between 3. We asked for more and it arrived quickly. Dessert was a little disappointing, showing a lack of finesse.
The bill came to just under €90 with coffees and 2 glasses of wine. This was our first outing as a family and I would recommend Greenacres to parents with young children.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Dreadful art works. But this is a place where the management will push the boat out with decent wine and lovely seafood and quality delicatessen-style cheese and cold meats and salami and chorizo sausage. Nice soda bread too.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

With a gap in the diary and stunning weather forecast, my wife and I decided that a quick visit to Wexford would be the perfect treat now the kids have gone back to school. We passed the morning walking St. Helens beach, the afternoon shopping on the Main Street and spent a wonderful evening in the unique surrounds of Greenacres Bistro. Situated at one end of Wexford's narrow Main Street, Greenacres is essentially a restaurant set in the stunning surrounds of a wine cellar. The menu is not overly complicated and all food tastes are catered for. I had some dietary issues that were taken care of without fuss and this set the tone for a superb evening. Nothing was too much trouble for the attentive staff and it was a pleasure to sit back and be served first class food and wine in these wonderful settings. Wexford has many gems and this is definitely one of them. Thanks again to everyone at Greenacres Bistro for delivering the perfect end to a perfect day.

1  Thank Alan R
jamesgoconnor, Owner at Greenacres, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you indeed for the recent comments that you took the time to post.
It sounds like you enjoyed your recent visit to Wexford.
If you were walking along the beach at St Helen's last week, you were able to enyou the finest weather of the summer.
I am delighted that you were looked after so well at Greenacres. We are proud of our wine selection and we are pleased to say that our new wine list will be ready in good time for the upcoming Wexford Opera Festival. It will have many new listings at very attractive prices.
Thank you again for choosing us for your dinner venue.

James G O' Connor

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Not knowing Wexford very well my wife and I were left with the dilemma of where to eat?? Greenacres was recommended by a local and we couldn't have asked for anything better! On walking in the wine selection absolutely blew us away with every possible variety you can imagine! The staff were super friendly and despite being very busy on the evening we were seen to and seated very quickly! The team seemed to work well together, making light work of the full restaurant! The food was amazing and the suggested wine complimented every bite! The place has a real posh feeling to it without the extortionate prices, leaving my wife and I the feeling of being rather spoilt! Will definitely return and recommend to all!!!

jamesgoconnor, Owner at Greenacres, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit tobGreenacres.

We will certainly look forward to your next visit.

James G O' Connor.