“Good food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Taste Restaurant - CLOSED

Taste Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wexford, Ireland
“Good food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Ate in Taste last weekend in a group of 8. Couldn't fault the food and the staff were very helpful. Only downside was the restaurant was quiet so lacked in atmosphere. Manager was very accommodating, providing us with a group deal. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed the evening and would recommend Taste to anyone looking for good food and good value.

• Visited April 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Nice little find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Was in Wexford over paddys weekend and bought a dealrush voucher for here; €23 for 2 courses for 2 people - obviously very good value either way. We booked an early table 6.30 on a Saturday. We were the only people there for about 30 min which was a little disappointing as it meant atmosphere was lacking. One of the heaters wasn't working which meant it was a little chilly... Decor and lighting was nice, as was our table. The girl who was serving us was friendly. We were welcomed with a half glass of prosecco each which was a sweet touch. The food was good, however there was pesto on everything - as a garnish or whatever. Personally I like pesto but my other half def doesn't so just to be aware. Goats cheese and prawns to start, then chicken and fish of the day for mains. All nice with good presentation. The main is a little limited for me - I'm a tad fussy but chicken was nice. The voucher said 2 courses which I assumed meant we could have dessert or starter but it was only starter which I found a little odd and disappointing as I was looking forward to a dessert and would have shared a starter with my partner and then a dessert but we were told that wasn't possible? Anyhow, would definitely go back but would wait and get a table when more people were there!

1 Thank Prettyprincess248
Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food/Value in Taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just returned from a enjoyable Friday evening in Taste. Wife and I are in Wexford for a few days and searched visitwexford.ie for restaurants in the town and decided on visiting this place.
As we arrived early without a reservation we were warmly welcomed by the waitress and given a table of our choice. The Spring menu appears short but gives a wide choice and included specials on the night. The March special was good value with 3 courses on offer for €20. Enjoyable fresh locally sourced produce and nicely presented. Service was good. We both left happy and content, would have no hesitations in returning.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bonnie865
“Very pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had 3 course dinner for 2 with btl of wine and coffee for e70 ... Excellent value. Steak was superb! Staff were extremely friendly and attentive .. would highly recommend and definitely on the list for another visit

Cork, Ireland
“Excellent quality, lovely service , overall a very enjoyable evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Visiting Wexford over the Patrick's weekend my husband and I dined at Taste on the Saturday evening as we had eaten there on a previous visit to the town several months ago. We were delighted that again it lived up to our previous enjoyable visit. Food was excellent. Fresh and tasty. Really liked the decor and ambience and especially the relaxed atmosphere. No rush between courses, just the way I like to enjoy a meal out. Its great to get top quality food at such good value . Hope it wont be to long before our next visit.

• Visited March 2013