“B&B the way it ought to be”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wexford
Cuasnog B&B/Self Catering Apartment
Ranked #10 of 29 Wexford B&B and Inns
East Midlands
“B&B the way it ought to be”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

If only all B&B's were run like this. Catriona and Theo have a great laid-back style which puts guests immediately at ease and feeling very welcome. Despite the casual atmosphere, it was obvious that this is a very well run place. The rooms were spotless and comfortable and breakfast was a real treat. I even got a free lesson in soda-bread baking!

If you're looking for a well-positioned base from which to explore Wexford town and the surrounding countryside, this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Though my husband and I only stayed one night, we enjoyed our stay. Catriona was very welcoming and provided us with all we needed for the day. The room had plenty of space and had light-darkening curtains (a big plus!!). The restroom was bigger than most with toiletries provided. She was very gracious for breakfast and took our personal order. It was delicious and she even wrapped up the leftovers for our trip!! Overall great stay!

• Stayed May 2012
Dublin
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I had reason to stay in Wexford on a fairly regular basis over the last two years. I tried a variety of B&B's and this was definitely the best and the one I came back to time and again. The rooms are comfortable and quiet and the breakfasts are fantastic - top quality cooking with fresh ingredients, many from the vegetable garden out front. It's also just a short walk from Wexford town centre. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Thank you Catriona and Theo for you wonderful hospitality and great company. A great place to stay if you want peace and a friendly spot to stay very close to all the action. we couldnt believe we were in the centre of town after a three minute walk. Catriona knows where all the the great walks are, from beaches to glens and everything between. We brought our two girls and dog with us and we all would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was at a wedding in Wexford and stayed at the Cuasnog Bed & Breakfast. Caitriona could not have been more helpful. She gave use perfect directions and had Homemade scones and fresh tea awaiting us on arrival. The CuasNóg is nright in the center of town.
The room was very comfortable ,lovely and warm. I was off early in the morning but Caitriona made sure I was up and well fed brefore I hit the road. I'll be staying agin next time I'm in Wexford.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tomás H
Wellingborough
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Looking for an unfussy but quality guesthouse or B & B to stay at in Wexford then look no further than Cuasnog. Am I letting a good secret go here by posting this review? Who knows.

I originally booked 2 nights bed & breakfast accommodation staying in Wexford to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. The owner Caitriona and partner Theo offered a very reasonably priced 3-night discounted rate and I honestly don't believe I could have bettered my choice in terms of location, comfort, food, service and value on this my first ever visit to Ireland.

Although only 5 minutes walk from the town centre Cuasnog offers privacy, seclusion, easy accessibility, quieteness and perfect requirements for the discerning traveller be it solo (or couple) without the added costs involved regarding where to stay in South East Ireland but I will say if you don't do 'normal', working class, family run, or dog friendly environment then forget it. Am I being politically incorrect here or not? Quite frankly I don't give a rat's [--].

With tasty home-cooked (and locally sourced) fayre, very clean well appointed rooms, warm cozy feel and complimentary use of a mountain bike to get around I can happily say I would stay at Cuasnog over and over if ever visiting this region of Ireland again.

Laid back and traditional in welcome - nothing seemed too much trouble - (provided you ask of course) along with a genuinely homely feel, Cuasnog is a small private house (3 rooms only) ideal for business, pleasure or convenience should you be visiting the area.

Ideal as a base to explore the nearby unspoilt beaches of Curracloe, White Gap and Ballinesker (my apologies if I have misspelt) or the local wild fowl sanctuary (an ornithologists paradise) this is a lovely little hidden gem of a place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TerryBen69
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Great location, great people, comfy rooms, quiet atmosphere...AND THE BEST BREAKFAST I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple