“Beautiful seafood”

Silver Fox Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 139 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Soups, European
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located 50m from the the fishing port of Kilmore Quay, Co. Wexford.Serving seafood steaks and poultry. Recently refurbished to include full airconditioning. NEW OUTDOOR SEATING AREA. Child friendly. Extensive a la carte, Wine & Beverage menus. Early Bird Menu Until 7pm Nightly. Light Lunch Menu. Established 1991. New for 2015 The Silver Fox Food Company, selling Homemade Products including Hampers. 40 minutes to Hook Lighthouse. Light Lunch, Tea, Coffee & Scones. Extensive Al a Carte.
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had a light lunch here and were happy with the food. It is mostly seafood so if you are not into this then give it a miss. The oysters were perfect as was the crab and smoked salmon starter that we had. The best part of the food has got to be their seafood chowder which is the nicest I have ever had. It was full of chunky fish meat and not too creamy, really delicious. A little bit pricey though for 3 starters.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TravelbugLM

Gorey, Co, Wexford
“Good food, a bit pricey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

The oysters were very fresh and ta y, it was a bit cold inside but the service was excellent. They gave us an onion consomme as appetizer that was very welcome, it was a very blustery evening!

Visited May 2014
Wicklow
“Hitting the spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We arrived in the middle of a midweek afternoon in May starving. Initially we were the only diners but several arrived after us. The dining room is a lovely space with several different areas. The tableware is top class but more importantly the food was also. We both had garlic mushrooms which were big with a lovely salad & tasty tartare sauce. I had the fresh fish of the day - haddock while my companion had scampi. My fish consisted of two large fillets (one would have kept me happy) & I just managed to finish both. The scampi was 'real prawns' which you don't always get & were 'delicious' accompanied by the homemade tartare sauce (some of which we purchased to bring home with us). I gave up the fight at this point but my companion 'struggled on' & had creme brulee which had her licking her lips. The service & attention were excellent. We will certainly be back.

• Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I must have missed something when I dined in the Silver Fox as I found the food which I chose from the early bird menu to be just average. Having read the rave reviews on Trip Advisor I just didn't experience what others said they did!!! The foods not bad but it's not great either!!

Visited April 2014
Belfast
“The best seafood chowder in Ireland....quite possibly !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Called in for a late lunch / snack on Tuesday 22 April. We were two families and the adults just had seafood chowder and soup. I am on a never ending hunt for the best chowder in the land and this one was right up there with the best. The owner was also very welcoming and discussed the local area. The premises are spotlessly clean and charming, a bit like a cosy tearoom. Our children even made a mess of the crisp white table cloths by spilling red sauce. The owner took this with a pinch of salt. Would of loved to have sampled some of the dishes on the main course but we had already made arrangements for that evening and wee also staying quite a distance away so a return visit was out of the question on this holiday. However we told the owner that we will recommend to all our friend and will definitely visit next time we are in the area. Whilst we resisted the temptation to try dessert what we did see all looked homemade and delicious.

• Visited April 2014