“Very close to the ferry, nice food”
Review of Fusion Bistro

Fusion Bistro
Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in Rosslare
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The new fusion bistro offers a wide range of locally sourced produce where possible. Serving steaks, seafood, pastas,pizzas all cooked to order. We also have mouth- watering homemade desserts. Follow us on facebook for our specials.family friendly bistro. We are also open for sunday lunch from 12:00 noon to 3:00pm
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Fusion is more of a Chinese restaurant but they also have non-Chinese-food foods on the menu. The greatest thing about it is that it is a 5 minutes' drive from the ferry, so we had our meal before boarding with no haste.

On the main road, a 5 minutes' drive to the ferry, plenty of parking, nice decor, good service, food was very reasonable and good selection on menu. I did not expect it to be a Michelin star food, it was nice for just a meal and if we were in Rosslaire again we would probably go there again.

Our car was full of luggage so some of it was on the back seat, including boxes from Waterford Crystal. We parked at Fusion and sat in the restaurant just outside the car, so it was in our sight the whole time, so we could eat leisurely without having to worry about the car being broken into.

There were loads of B&Bs on the road to the ferry, but we could not see anything that looked decent for a dinner meal. Fusion ticked the box!

Recommended for those travelling into Ireland or back home to the UK.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I arrived in Rosslare late on friday night and this was the only place still open, so i checked tripadvisor and found decent reviews and i decided to give it a go.....that was a mistake!!
my girlfriend and I went for the 3 course menu for 26€ each.
We had for starter a mix platter for 2 with ribs (very hard) spring roll, sesame fried toast and chicken satay . The sauces were terrible,like the one you can buy for 50c in cheap shops and the quality of the fried food was like the bulk box you can get in supermarket!
As main i had duck ( overcooked and overfried...) and same standard for the souce... My girlfriend had a fillet steak and that probably was the only thing that deserved to be called "food" (but it required an extra 5€) .For dessert we had an "home made" apple pie....probably from supervalu and and an icecream. Overall a terrible dinner!!! I really don't understand how people can leave a good review for this place!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner while on holiday in the area. Lovely happy atmosphere and great service great for a quick meal while heading to the ferry

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was so disappointing .... the meal was of very poor quality and most of it unedible. The bill was not paid which by the way was very over priced. The wine was good quality and reasonably priced. Very disappointing as restaurant looked lovely on entry.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had Dinner in Fusion one Evening this week.
We were visiting Ireland for a friends Wedding travelling by car from Fishguard to Rosslare. Prior to our departure I researched places to stay and eat. As we were travelling back on an early morning ferry I booked to stay in The Ferryport House, mainly to enable us to eat in the Restaurant attached to the Hotel.
We were greeted by a very nice member of staff who was very attentive during our meal. The Decor was lovely very well presented. I just thought it lacked a bit of atmosphere, maybe this was due to being a Monday Evening and their was not many Diners.
The Service was very good and the Food was very enjoyable. We had the Mixed Platter to start and we requested The Crispy Duck with Pancakes for the next course, but it all arrived together. The Duck was sliced rather than shredded but non the less it was enjoyable. Main Courses were very nice quite a lot of food.I liked they way they were served in a straw basket. I did think it was a bit pricey!!! but looking at The Menu they also provided set menus which looked like they may be very good value for money. We enjoyed a bottle of The House White Wine which was very nice.
I would definately return to sample some more of their food when I'm next in Ireland.