“One of Ireland's best hotels with something for everyone”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Returned here last week for my birthday with family and, as always, had a lovely time. Kelly's really is an institution and that's meant in the nicest, most complimentary way possible. There's not many hotels that really try their level best (and succeed) in catering for everyone and for all ages. Examples.Complementary afternoon tea upon arrival. Facilities for older retired clientele. Reading room with open fire. Library. A spa that, while it's not as modern and bling as in some hotels is absolutely fine and has everything someone seeking wellness and spa could want. I haven't been in a sauna anywhere else which boasts such a beautiful, tranquil view on the sea. A separate, adults only spa for treatments. Facilities for children which are second to none (creche and games rooms plus the option of a babysitter in the evening), great attention to detail, friendly staff and fellow clientele and a lovely restaurant (with the nice traditional touch of a smart casual dress code which some other higher rated hotels could do well to emulate) with delicious food. What more could you want? Yes, the bedrooms aren't as opulent as a five star hotel but they are clean and comfortable and that's not what this lovely stalwart of a hotel is about. If they could guarantee the fickle Irish weather they could charge even more for the experience. Here's to the Kelly family and doing what they do in the best way possible and all the best for the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Tallegio,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on TripAdvisor. We are really delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you will keep some great memories of your birthday celebrations.

I will most definitely pass on your kind words to all the Kelly's staff, it will be a great boost for everyone as we approach the busy season.

We hope to welcome you back to Kelly's again in the near future.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was a bit hesitant about coming here. I had heard great reviews before but couldnt get the price tag out of my head.
For families, it is brilliant. The games room, pirate ship, beach, pool are all great to have so close to you. And the child minders are all excellant, friendly and enthusiastic.
They have the programme for everything , which seems a bit restrictive at first, but actually works very well. Kids are fed at one time, allowing you to have a nice meal in peace later while they play or watch a movie under supervision.
The food and wine in the restaurant was great and service was excellant.
Unfortunately we stayed in a room at the front of the hotel at the end (No 39) and we were kept awake until 12.00am on one of the nights. We werent asked how has our stay when we checked out just a "we'll see you again soon" which I thought was a bit presumptuous.
Overall a great stay but I am still wondering whether you could go to a similar hotel, maybe not with the same facilities/services, but that would cost a fraction of the price and pay for the babysitters etc seperatately. That option would still come in a lot cheaper. We will see.

Room Tip: Not room 39 or the one underneath it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank trippin_paddy

Dear Trippin_Paddy,

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your first Kelly's experience. I will pass on your kind words to the girls that look after the children. We hope that you and your children will keep some fond memories of your holiday.

I am however, very sorry to hear that you were not happy with room 39. If you decide to come back to us in the future, please make sure to let the reservations team know and we will do our best to get you another room.

At Kelly’s we aim to offer the best value for money for our guests, by including all the extras in the initial price. Whether it be meal times, afternoon tea, children's club or other activities such as, tennis, swimming, crazy golf or even our free midweek golf clinics. We hope that you were able to avail of the full Kelly’s package while you were with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kelly's in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed in Kellys for a business meeting in the area the following morning. The room was exceptionally clean, of a good size and well-appointed from an amenity perspective. I had dinner in the bistro/bar and the food was a very high standard and quite delicious. Staff were considerate, helpful and friendly. The hotel is charming and feels more like a giant sitting room with all the original art-work etc. It has a lovely 'homely' feeling. Will return socially to relax a little more..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Hankat
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Hankat,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that your business trip to Kelly's was an enjoyable one. Hopefully next time you will get to relax more!

We are delighted you enjoyed the food in La Marine and more importantly that my team looked after you well. I will pass on your kind comments to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for a holiday!!!

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband spent a weekend in Kellys Hotel in March. I cannot impress how fantastic every aspect of our weekend was! We had dinner in Beaches both nights which was delicious and the menu was so varied, it was hard to chose!
We spent most of the day Saturday in the spa, the thermal suite was really relaxing, my husband is not one for visiting spas but he really enjoyed it! I had a massage and facial also, my therapist was very friendly and helpful!
Our room was beautifully decorated and the bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
All of the staff at Kellys go above and beyond to ensure your stay with them is a comfortable and enjoyable.
I hope we will be back again very soon, Thanks to all in Kellys.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuLuNev

Dear Lulunev,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that your Weekend visit to at Kelly's was a great success.

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed the Seaspa facilities, Food and more importantly that my team looked after you well. I will pass on your kind comments to all the team.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Always renowned for its food and it certainly delivered on our one-night holiday. Really good evening dinner. Very relaxed environment, more or less anything goes. At this time of the year there seemed to be guests from both ends of the age spectrum, people with spare time and people with very young children. It make a great mix, if you like children you can have your breakfast in the buffet area, otherwise you can sit in the formal dining room.

The staff are just great, paying attention to the needs of their guests - young and not so young.

Of course, the beach is the crowning glory, fantastic for a walk any time of the day or night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mnowlan

Dear mnowlan,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the facilities, food and more importantly that my team looked after you well. The beach is thankfully recovering well after those winter storms, it's great you got to enjoy it!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I went to Kelly's for a two night spa break full board on my own looking to escape the hustle and bustle of a busy family and work life. I am a shy retiring person who enjoys the quiet and i found just that at Kellys, the staff were friendly and helpful without being too much so; the service could not be faulted and reminded me of what many establishments advertise but don't deliver. The spa i found wonderfully quiet and relaxing, the treatments (a full body massage and a facial) were as good as i have had elsewhere but the staff and the lovely thermal suite made all the difference. My room (a single was booked but i found myself in a spacious twin with a sea view) was immaculate in both presentation and cleanliness. I dined for both lunch and dinner in Beaches resteraunt and not only is it a beautiful dining room but the food choices, presentation and service were as wonderfully good as it tasted, the wine list deserves special mention as it was extensive and well priced. My one issue here is that if spa times clash you miss lunch in Beaches so choose Your timings carefully! Overall i had a wonderful experience and would recommend Kellys highly to stressed working mothers and anyone else looking to escape for a few days or longer, the Kellys are to be commended on their wonderful establishment and excellent staff....Thank you!

1  Thank ShortAm

Dear ShortAM,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and the wonderful treatments in Seaspa.

I will certainly pass on your compliments to Deirdre and all the team in Seaspa, indeed all the kitchen team also. If you are ever late for lunch, we run the bistro snack menu in La Marine all through the day and the team will look after you there.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I have stayed in Kelly's on many occasions over the years and we have never been disappointed! Bill Kelly and his excellent staff just seem so in tune with everyone's needs that it is the most relaxing and enjoyable Hotel in which we have ever stayed, and there have been many! All the facilities one could want are there whether you want an active or quiet relaxing holiday. And then there's the Sea Spa......Oh boy!!!
This year we had a five night stay and were surprised and delighted to experience the added bonus of meeting the fifth generation of the Kelly family, the stylish and beautiful Laura! She exudes the natural, relaxed welcome of the family, the efficiency of a well trained hotelier and the aura of a person who loves her job! Its definitely in the blood!!
I hope that we will be able to return to Kelly's for many years and continue to wonderful experience that is "Kelly's". No where else is quite like it!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geraldandmargo

Dear Fisherypoint,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are delighted you and your wife enjoyed your many visits to Kelly's. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guest returning year after year. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination "A home away from home".

I will certainly pass on your compliments to all the team and to Laura, it is a real pleasure for me to have her back on the Kelly's team. No I'm not playing more golf!!!!

We look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you again for your lovely review.

Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!