Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ferrycarrig Hotel(Ferrycarrig)
  • Pool
Hotel Curracloe(Curracloe)
View Hotel
All reviewsivy roombeaches restaurantla marineafternoon teakelly familyservice chargefamily celebrationthe outdoor hot tubyoung familiesart collectionkids clubsea viewall age groupsnightly entertainmentmarine barfamily hotelsecond to none
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Have just returned to Bristol after a wonderful week in room 22
It has been a brilliant holiday especially for someone like myself who
lives alone doing own shopping cooking with no family
to be looked after so well in Kellys
Thank you to all wonderful staff from Virginia who kept my room
so fresh and clean every day the ever so friendly girls in reception
who even had my room key ready at 8am when I arrived after traveling overnight
followed by a very welcome complementary breakfast
The fantastic food in the Beeches my waitress was ever to dedicated and helpful
and I adored her lovely Polish accent. Not forgetting staff in the Ivy room who were
so friendly nothing was to much trouble for them special thank you to the
French waitress with the huge smile that kept me supplied with never ending
cups of coffee
Lastly a huge thank you to Management who constantly check that all is well showing a personal interest
Just before I departed Mr Kelly himself said goodbye asking if I were staying for lunch when I said that no
would have to catch the train at 1pm he straight away contacted the kitchen and arranged a little hamper to be
ready in time for my departure .It was a lovely hamper and inside a little surprise Mr Kelly had enclosed a
little extra of something we had been talking about during my stay.
This is the kind of fantastic personal attention that makes one feel important who like myself return year after year
Really looking forward to being with you all again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank DONARD402013
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Donard,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and that the Hotel once again lived up to your expectation.

I will certainly pass on your compliments to Honorata in Beaches Restaurant and indeed all the staff. It will certainly boost their morale at the end of a busy season.

Thank you for all your support over the years and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just back from a wonderful visit to Kelly's. Nothing was too much bother for the staff, they were great. We had treatments, walks on the beach, great lunch and dinner,relaxing in the reading room with a lovely open fire. and a trip to the Spa. Like heaven, and right on our doorstep. Cant wait to to go back. Rooms lovely,Just found it hard to find my way around the hotel, very little direction and signs, but gave me a chance to explore all over the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 229Elizabeth

Dear 229Elizabeth,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our morale in the midst of a busy season.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Heaven in Rosslare in 2014!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have been going to Kellys over 40 years, with family members, friends and on my own from time to time. It completely ticks all the boxes but the biggest box is that when one enters Kellys you are not a number am heartily sick of being treated as just another guest in Kellys you are part of the very special world of the Kelly family. The personal touch is tremendous and many reviewers have spoken at length on this.

Lovely welcome at Reception from Vera and Christine and great to see them again when recently I had a 3 night break on my own. Sadly due to a large party unable to get my regular room (yes us oldies do have our favourite rooms) but was allocated a room on the 2nd floor with sea view. Vera had kindly remembered my complimentary beverage tray which in advance had been placed in my room, this was hugely appreciated. The corridor was lovely and quiet - if you like extra peace and quiet try and go off season when little people are in school.

Food thoughout was outstanding - stand outs were the Crab Tartlet utterly delicious, and the Creme Brulee to die for, if I had a tiny wee observation it would be that too much salad was placed accompanying the starters at times it was like an allotment upon the plate. I was showed always at each meal time to lovely tables for solo diners.

Dony looked after me in the Dining Room...again like an old friend. So kind, and many guests were obviously repeat as they all knew him and stopped for a chat.

Pat and Mr. Dempsey in the Dininig Room stewarding their guests and reminding some of them where they sat, yes, after a few days you go around in a cloud and can indeed forget. There was another Dining Room Manager there sadly I just cannot recall his name, tall gentleman who was very very good with older guests - it was lovely to see.

Spa...booked in for a day and it was heavan. Deirdre offered great advice and how to organise my treatments to ensure I got maximum from them, and my therapist is frankly the best ever ...Emer.
Have had many treatments with Emer over the years, she really knows her clients and again offers great advice on treatments so you get the most from your break.

Housekeeping...lovely members of staff upon my landing on the 2nd floor, nothing too much trouble and many could learn from them, whilst they have much ground to cover and many rooms to attend to, always a smile and went about their work in a quiet manner.

Value............quite simply in these difficult times and in this country there is no hotel that can offer value, professionalism, friendliness, facilities like Kellys.

I only wish my break could have been a little longer, but already I am planning my return.

Thank you one and all for making my 41st year as good as my 1st.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor as this floor is mainly used for families, and is the direct path to the Spa so alot of traffic. If you can get a room in the old part of hotel if you like some peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CountryDiscerning

Dear IrelandDiscerning,

WOW Thank you for your wonderful review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guest returning year after year, especially 40 years!!! It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination "A home away from home". I will certainly pass on your compliments to all the team from the Dining room to the Spa.

Look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

A hotel of very high standard. Mum and Dad have been going for years and we went along with them for the weekend. Definitely not disappointed. Rooms spotless clean and very comfortable. food is superb with plenty of choice. Plenty of facilities to keep you occupied, golf, tennis, crazy golf, playground for children and best of all the thermal suite where you have pool, steam room, sauna, hot tub, plunge pool etc. Staff are excellent, they are so helpful and friendly. A special word for Michael from Poland who served us for the weekend in the dining room, a gentleman so attentive and friendly. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Joan O,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the facilities, food and more importantly that my team looked after you well during your weekend visit. I will pass on your kind comments to Michael.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Have just returned home today from another visit to Kelly's,had a wonderful time,as usual.
Food is superb,loads of fish dishes but plenty for carnivores and veggies as well.
Spa is very relaxing,should not have left it until the last day as I would have liked to use it again.
Entertainment was particularly good on Wednesday and Thursday night,I believe the girl who sang on Thursday had been a late 'substitute' and she had a great voice.Some of the entertainment can be a bit old fashioned but there is a very varied spectrum of age groups staying in the hotel and all have to be accommodated .
The road network has greatly improved since my last visit,so the journey was a lot shorter than I previously have experienced.
Staff are excellent,nothing is too much trouble,even a request to slightly alter the menu is no problem and no chef has to be consulted,which is the norm in most restaurants.
Played golf on the nearby twelve hole course,not too time consuming so back in time for lunch.
Greens were in excellent condition and the gentleman who looked after the green tickets was very pleasant .
Can't wait to return,thanks to all at Ke

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Unesno,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guest returning year after year. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination "A home away from home". I will certainly pass on your compliments to the girls in the Spa, Padraig in the Golf Club and all our team.

Look forward to welcoming you back for the 9th visit, the road should be better again by next year!