“Simply the best”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Another fabulous stay in Kellys. No faults just praise hotel grounds look better than ever, food deicious and great choice of wine. Loved walks on beach, had the gym to myself and pools lovely. The icing on the cake is the staff who are quite exceptional- donal, evelina, michal, christine and tom in bar in particular all stand out. Have already booked for next yr on checking out as loved our room so much. My wife availed of spa and loved the treatments. Sanwhiches or paninis at lunch time would be a welcome addition for full board guests but ten out of ten in all respects.

• Stayed: September 2013
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear SunDublin,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and facilities we have to offer.

I will certainly pass on your compliments to all the staff, especial Donal, Evelina, Michal, Christine and Tom.

Look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Kelly's is truly unique. Customer service unparalleled. Have been going to Kelly's for the past 12 years and all I can say is that, like Christmas, we wouldn't miss it. It's a fantastic hotel for all the family and a real escape from it all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ollie3847,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our moral after a busy summer.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in 2014.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Kelly's Hotel this year from 11th-15th August. We had a truly wonderful holiday. Throughout my childhood, my family came to the hotel for a week every summer, and each year it was a real highlight. My husband, however, had never been to the hotel before but has spent the last decade hearing it praised at family gatherings. When we decided to stay this summer, I was concerned that the reality might not live up to my happy memories - I need not have worried!

Kelly's is, of course, a fantastic family hotel, but it is also a wonderful hotel for a couple in their twenties with no children. We found the hotel to be excellent value, given the quality of holiday on offer. The food must be the best in Ireland, certainly the best of any Irish hotel that I have ever stayed in. The rhubarb crumble alone would be worth a trip to Rosslare! The staff and service are world-class, while the guest activities are great fun and very relaxed - bowls was a particular highlight! My husband played a substantial amount of golf while I enjoyed the spectacular spa. I enjoyed the spa so much that I went back 3 times during our stay. It is a beautiful facility staffed with expert therapists, and the laconium is not to be missed!

I asked my husband if the hotel had lived up to the praise he had been hearing for so long, and he replied that the hotel had far exceeded his greatest expectations. His only regret was that we had not booked for the entire week - needless to say, we have already booked for the full week for next year!

I would unreservedly recommend this hotel, not just to families, but to anyone looking for a world-class hotel experience within Ireland.

Room Tip: We did not have a sea view room this time, and our room was still lovely, but I would recommend a se...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FionaFG
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Fiona FG,

Thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your break at Kelly's and that we lived up to your happy memories after all the years!

It is always a great pleasure to see people returning each year; it gives us confidence that we are providing good customer care and service, which is our priority. I am delighted to hear you had a little time to relax in our Spa, I will certainly pass you kind compliments on to all the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in 2014

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and loved every minute! When we checked in we were given a huge lovely sea view room in the spa section of the hotel! The rooms were large, modern and clean with a lovely small balcony to sit and enjoy the view! I did not use the spa facilities as I was on a budget but the facilities at the aqua club were more than enough with the added ability to be able to walk straight onto the beach from there.
I am quite a plain eater so I tend to find it difficult to eat in restaurants, but there was no questions when I asked for my meal a certain way and honestly it was the best meal I have ever had! The only thing they could improve on is when we checked in we weren't told how breakfast worked in the morning and to find the other restaurants we had to go wandering around as we were just told if we wanted dinner to reserve a table! But overall this is a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Rachaelthompson,

Thank you for your very kind review on tripadvisor. I am really delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and that my team looked after you well. It is certainly a great boost to us all in midst of a busy season.

As a first time customer you should have been given our welcome brochure and all relevant information on meal times, facilities, etc explained. I sincerely apologise that this was not the case. I have spoken to our reception team regarding your comment and they assure me that they will do the utmost to prevent this happening again.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel has been a LEGEND within my family. My Brother, sister in law and their two boys have visited since the weans were wee, they were a tad fraught that they had oversold it to me when I was invited to join them this year. they needn't have worried. I have had the best time ever.
1: The most relaxed atmosphere, the spread of generations, totally family orientated.
2: Hospitality, nothing was too much bother to the staff, pleasant, helpful and considerate.
3: Swimming lessons were fab, fun and totally tailored to what we needed to learn.
4: Food fab = Kelly Belly
5: Spa treatment of Mud Bath was an experience... In a good way.
6: Recommend the beach walk, beautiful at any time of day in any weather.
7: The art around the hotel was the best part for me. It was like living in a gallery. At every turn there was something new and interesting to look at. I think that wee leprechauns leapt oot at night to put something new at every corner. From sculptures that weans could hang off, to paintings that made you stop in yer tracks, to minimal sketches with maximum punch, and a 3 D painting, 'twas everywhere...........'twas fabulous.
Thanks to all at Kelly's.

Room Tip: Had a sea view for the first part of my stay. Had to change for my last night due to the lateness of...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne P
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear AnneP,

'Twas a pleasure to have you staying with us and thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our morale at the end of a busy summer season.

I will certainly pass your kind words onto all our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back and thank your for all your support over the years.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We are back from yet another visit to this absolutely remarkable hotel - this would be the 6th year we having been visiting ( mind you others boast plenty more years than that,and it is not hard to see why ! ). Kelly's is, without a shadow of doubt, THE benchmark that others should judge themselves by - many other hotels make all sorts of promises,but merely go through the motions - Kelly's tries harder and delivers time after time.
From the moment you walk into the bright and welcoming reception you are instantly on holiday. The range of facilities is incredible ( nature lending a spectacular beach right outside the backgate ) the hotel is always spotless everywhere you go,and all the staff helpful, welcoming and friendly - Bill Kelly personally comes around and speaks to everyone at night ( and during the day ) demonstrating his dedication to guests and to the vocation of hospitality management. This hotel tries harder than anywhere else : simple.
So many superlatives have been written about this legendary hotel and it is not hard to see why as all are true. We would heartily recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank CraigD999
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Craig,
Thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor.

It is always a great pleasure to see people returning each year; it gives us confidence that we are providing good customer care and service, which is our priority. I will pass on your kind comments to all our team.

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back next year, in the meantime take it easy.

With good wishes.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just home from one of our most memorable holidays ever. We spent 4 nights in Kelly's of Rosslare and were in awe from the moment we arrived until our departure this morning. We can see why it was so hard to get our preferred dates when we booked earlier this year. We went full board.
The room was sea facing and what a view. Breakfast was superb, lunch was lovely, the child's dinner at 5:30 suited her perfectly. The disco each evening for the kids let them tire themselves out. The relaxed attitude to kids joining their parents each night for dinner - although there is the option of a quieter dining experience if you so chose in a separate dining room.
Dinner was gourmet and the choice was endless. And the menu changes each evening. Definate 5 star for the food.
Elderly couples lounge while kids run about the place and there is absolutely no 'dodgy' looks from the older patrons. This atmosphere is what is the diamond in the Kelly's crown. There are very few steps in the hotel which is another plus for older and less mobile guests.
The playroom for toddlers was ideal for us - always supervised by fantastic staff. This means parents can relax having a swim, a spa treatment, dinner or some alone time, happy in the knowledge that the kids are being looked after. The kids club for older kids is also a Godsend for parents. The beach is about 10 seconds walk from the back door of the hotel.
My wife met an Irish international football star but was too shy to ask for an autograph. Bill Kelly soon sorted this with a swift phonecall. The autograph was pushed under our bedroom door later that night. Customer service par excellence...
A two year old girl went missing from her mother for about 2 minutes. The staff jumped into action and the wee girl was found in the playroom much to the delight of her frantic mother who had taken her eye off her for a second.
Babysitting can also be organised - we availed of this one night and were delighted with the service.

The customer service and the amount of superb food is what keeps customers coming back for more. We rolled out this morning and are looking forward to a return early next year...

Room Tip: Book in time for a sea-facing view because they are first to go!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PhilQ115
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear PhilQ,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your family holidays at Kelly's and you got a chance to chat with Stephen Hunt.

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed the facilities, food and more importantly that my team looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!