Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
$95
$120
  • Pool
Riverbank House Hotel(Wexford)(Great Value!)
$113
$143
Ashfield House(Killinick)
1,001 results
All reviewsivy roombeaches restaurantla marineafternoon teakelly familyservice chargefamily celebrationthe outdoor hot tubyoung familiesart collectionkids clubsea viewall age groupsnightly entertainmentmarine barfamily hotelsecond to none
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We arrived at 12 30pm to be told our room was not ready which we already knew. We found the receptionist not very friendly. We were not given any information on the hotel facility's. We also asked could we reserve a table in the restaurant and to be told there was no reservations of tables yet when we went to the dining room there was tables reserved on all three nights also we were led to believe that was a dress policy in the dining room. My husband was the only one wearing a jacket. Once our order was taking the speed on which our food came at was to quick for our liking. One would wonder is the food all per cooked and heated before service. The food was just ok nothing to brag about. Unfortunately we had a room over the main entrance wich was very noisy as we had to leave the window open because there was no ventilation in the room. We stayed in an other hotel in the north midlands which is far superior to your hotel for half the price. We expected a lot more for the price we paid. Beware of the service charge don't charge anything to your room

Room Tip: Request one looking over the sea
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RCLIN
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear RCLIN,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, although we were most upset and disappointed to hear that Kelly’s did not live up to your expectations during your recent visit.

Our sincere apologies for the poor reception you received on arrival, this is certainly not the standards we set ourselves. I do agree your check-in should have been handled with more care and attention. We normally have a special note on first time customers bookings, unfortunately this was not done and hence the lack of information. Unfortunately we do not have air conditioning in any of our bedrooms, normally the Irish weather does not justify it! We have some mobile units that we could have used on this occasion, my apologies this was not arranged for you.

We do ask for jacket and smart dress for Dinner, with the warm July weather it was difficult to implement this summer. I appreciate your comments regarding the speed of service and regret that the service was too quick for you, I will speak to all the team regarding this issue. We have a team of 22 chefs in the kitchen and all food is prepared to order.

As we are a Resort hotel, the hotel operates a 10% service charge which we highlight in all promotional material. The service goes directly to the staff and saves our guests carrying cash around and it is in general understood by our guests, this has been in operation for over 70 years in the hotel. I apologise if this was not explained to you.

We regret that we did not live up to your expectations and at this stage can only sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. We hope you will give us the chance at some future date to redeem ourselves, please contact me personally and I will assure you of my personal care and attention.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as we need every now and again to be kept on our toes and keep up the good name of Kelly’s Resort Hotel.

With good wishes.

Managing Director

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We are always very happy and will return again and again. Staff always friendly and so helpful.
Great location by the beach.
One small thing: The crispy potato wedges need to be cooked more and made crispy.
I will still rate it excellent as this is just a small attention to detail.

Room Tip: The spa is brill!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Sive52,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and that the Hotel once again lived up to your expectation.

I will certainly pass on your compliments to the team in Seaspa and the chefs. It will certainly boost their morale at the end of a busy summer season. I have mentioned your comments on the potato wedges to the chef, he will keep an eye on them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and special needs son in July.What can I say we were treated like kings,I have never experienced such care and attention.The room was lovely and comfortable.The food was excellent and any amount with breakfast,lunch,afternoon tea and dinner.We strolled on the beach after dinner and it was so peaceful.I could not fault this hotel but I would have liked the music in the evening to be a little bit more upbeat and not geared towards an older audience.This is a great hotel for families and couples.Every night the owner came into the restaurant and spoke to the guests.He was very hands on and maybe this was the secret to the hotels success.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Fredcork,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly's Resort.

You are correct in your analysis of the hotel bedrooms, we do have many different types, although we have refurbished them all to a similar standard in the last few years. Just a dozen more to do this winter! The bedrooms are not allocated by some mysterious criteria, we always offer clients priority for the same room if they return at the same time each year, after that it is first come first served!

We are delighted you enjoyed the facilities, food and more importantly that the team looked after you well, I will pass on your kind comments to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and wishing you and your family a happy festive season.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went to dine at kelly's on a recommendation from a friend at 5.10pm we were told no food from 5 to 6.30pm very surprised a top hotel would close it's kitchen for an hour and a half in peak season mid-august.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Patricia T

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor, we regret that we were closed for food in the Bistro during your visit. It is always a dilemma for us as we need to prepare for the evening service in the kitchen and I am not a fan of having diners in the Bar while guests are arriving for pre- dinner drinks.

Sorry to disappoint you on this occasion. Hopefully we will see you again at some future date.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Enjoyed it so much once again we have booked to return in September with some friends and family. The food, facilities and staff were excellent, we have travelled quite a bit and overall this is the best hotel we have stayed in, as I said in my last review "it is very hard to beat".

We bought the Book of Kellys which the owner Bill Kelly very kindly signed for us, it is a very good read and with lots of good pictures and interesting facts. We wish the owner and his family well in continuing to provide first class facilities for his guests for us and future generations to come.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tony H,

I will certainly pass on your compliments to all the staff. It will certainly boost their morale at the end of a busy summer season. Thank you for your kind comments on the Book of Kelly's and future generations.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,