Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
$95
Agoda.com
$168
  • Pool
Riverbank House Hotel(Wexford)(Great Value!)
$143
$186
$140
$126
Hotel Rosslare(Rosslare)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Ashfield House(Killinick)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
Hotel Curracloe(Curracloe)
All reviewsivy roombeaches restaurantla marineafternoon teakelly familyservice chargefamily celebrationthe outdoor hot tubyoung familiesart collectionkids clubsea viewall age groupsnightly entertainmentmarine barfamily hotelsecond to none
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have just returned from my annual trip to Kellys. myself and my extended family have enjoyed Kellys for over twenty years but I was very disappointed this year... as always food was great and catered for my allergy to dairy and eggs for the most part except for one chef at the lunch buffet who told me to hurry up and decide he doesn't have all day and was rude through out the week. There was a huge issue with non residence this year I went to use the sun loungers and couldn't and the tennis courts as they were taken up by non residence. and there were many more incidences which was very frustrating.
at night the porter cant serve as many drinks because they seem to be doing the same work two porters did previous years... I enjoyed my stay and will definitely return but i hope this wont be an issue next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lainey987
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Lainey,

Thank you for your recent review, it will help us improve our service and standards. I was most upset and disappointed to hear that Kelly’s did not live up to your expectations during this year’s visit. It is a pity you didn’t mention this to me during your stay I would have rectified it immediately.

We have also taken note of your various comments and I have spoken to the chefs regarding the manner in which you were treated at the buffet, it was totally unacceptable and un-Kelly like! With last weeks exceptional weather we had a huge issue with an invasion of non residents off the beach, we tried to handle it ourselves and even had the local Gardai out. We will certainly arrange security better next time if we have a similar spell of weather. Regarding the night porters, I will review this with the management team, we have actually more coverage than last year in this area and service should not have been an issue.

We try hard to keep the standards up and regret that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. We greatly appreciate you and all your families support over the years and I am sorry we fell short this year, at least we got the weather right!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us as we need every now and again to be kept on our toes and keep up the good name of Kelly’s Resort Hotel.

With good wishes.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is one of the best I have been in in Ireland. From the second you come in the door the friendly reception staff make you feel at home. The food is amazing and the restaurant and bar staff are equally amazing. My favourite spot was the spa Mary the lady in reception could not of been better so welcoming and nothing is to much I had the best massage I have ever had a deep tissue massage from Catriona in the spa she was brilliant. I can't say enough about this hotel and the location couldn't be closer to the beach. The one and only draw back was our room was on the road side of the hotel and it was a bit noisy and it would of been lovely to be looking out on the sea but the room was nice and spacious but in the older part of the hotel I would of liked to have seen the rooms in the newer part and I saw some had balconies which we didn't overall the room was very nice. Fantastic hotel I will be back

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sok30
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Sok30,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our morale at the end of a busy season.

I will certainly pass your kind words onto Mary and Catriona in SeaSpa and indeed all our staff.

Look forward to welcoming you back and assure you of our utmost care and attention at all times.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We travelled more than 6,000 miles to discover this gem & it was worth the journey (and the price!) The separate dinner time for kids threw me a bit but it does make sense since it gave my kids & us a chance to enjoy our meals in our own time. Emer was fabulous at the dining area. She is warm, friendly, quick & efficient. The three dinners I've had were fantastic. I do feel that of the two mains I've had, the dishes stayed a bit too long under the heat lamps leaving the lobster & the duck a bit dry (perhaps my husband's order took longer to cook). That's just a very minor thing compared to the overall service, ambience & food of this hotel. In the end, my 5 year old daughter ranks Kelly's as good, if not better than Shangri-la Kota Kinabalu (see previous review) and that says a lot.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Jetset_Jelly

Dear Jetset_Jelly,

Thank you for your very kind review. I am really delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and that my team looked after you well.

Your comments are very much appreciate and I will certainly pass them our Executive Chef and his team to prevent this happening again. I will pass your kind works onto all the staff, especially Eimer.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Kelly's soon.

Kind regards.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having stayed here recently with our three small children (ages range from 3 months to three years , this could not have been a better place to stay , from the time we arrived for either breakfast or lunch (a huge thanks to the always helpful Emer)all staff where available to assist us to a table & get us settled. There is an abundance of variety as to what you can have for breakfast & lunch. Facilities are great for kids, the pirate ship was a huge hit with our kids. A few points I would like to make tho is the children's diner menu was a bit bland with the regular nuggets and sausages that appeared every evening also the after diner entertainment could do with a bit updating playing a few songs for a disco was a bit unimaginable however The beach has got to be given a mention as it has got to one of the highlights of our week stay as you are right beside this wonderful , clean beach and the fabulous weather had us there everyday.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here in Kelly's , it was not our first visit to Kelly's but first with our children and hope to return in the future with our growing family. On checkout there was one man ahead of us who seemed to be offended with the additional 10% service charge added to his bill but I have to say its the old saying "you get what you pay for" and high excellent service is what you receive from start to finish.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ingobear

Dear ingobear,

Thank you for your very kind review on TripAdvisor. I am really delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and that my team looked after you well. It is certainly a great boost to us all in midst of a busy season.

I have taken your comments on regarding the children teas and entertainment. We do offer a selection of other dishes pasta bolognaise, beans, Pizza, chicken drum sticks, corn on cob, etc for children’s dinner. The nuggets and sausages are always a big request so hence we always have them on the menu. However, if there is something special which your children require we will happily serve each evening during your stay. The entertainment does vary during the week Puppet Show on Tues & Thurs, special disco on Thursday with a few surprise guests. I have spoken to the girls to see if there are other ideas which we can introduce. I will keep an eye on both of these to see if we can improve. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

I will certainly pass your compliments on to all the staff especially Eimer.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I celebrated my 40th Birthday last Sunday in La Marine Bistro. I have eaten in Kelly's Hotel many times and the reason I chose it for my special birthday is because the food is always second to none. We ordered our food and after a while, all the starters arrived...apart from mine. I asked the waitress where mine was and she looked around lost, went off and arrived a little while later with my crab claws. Mistakes are made so no problem there. Our mains were delivered and I am pleased to say all together this time! I ordered the duck because I had eaten it about 6-8 weeks previously so thought I would be having the same beautiful meal. Sadly I can't really say it was. The duck was over cooked. It was served with 'wedges' which were bog standard chips and onions. We then ordered our desserts and they all arrived....apart from mine - ARGHHHH!!! So I waited and waited, asked a waitress where mine was. She disappeared never to be seen again! The whole table had finished their desserts and I hadn't even received mine. I ask another girl where my dessert was and pointed out everyone else was finished and I am still waiting. They really couldn't care less. Mum and Dad were kindly treating us all to the meal and when paying Mum was asked if all was OK? Mum explained the situation and asked to speak to a manager. To be quite frank, he was farcical. The situation was explained and all he was concerned about was whether I had received a complimentary cake. He apologised but to be honest we all felt it was far from sincere. We all had a great time because we were determined too, not because of the experience Kelly gave us. I have always adored Kelly's and would have recommended it to anyone but sadly I feel it really is losing it's lustre.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Skuisce

Dear skuisce,

My sincere apologies, we fell short in so many areas of your meal in La Marine for your special birthday celebration. The level of service you received was certainly not acceptable and most unusual from the normally excellent team we have working in the Bistro, certainly a very bad day from our end!

I have discussed your comments with the service team in the Bistro and with our Executive Chef and his team today, who assure me that they will do their utmost to keep up the high standards we are renowned for over the years. We pride ourselves in maintaining a very high standard at all times, this was certainly not the case with your visit. Mr. Cullen was very taken back by your comments on Trip Advisor as he arrived at the end of the meal to apologise, your mother insisted that she was not looking for anything, that she just wanted to inform him of the poor service. He had tried to rectify the situation by arranging the birthday cake, which turned out to be “too little too late”!

We regret that we did not live up to your expectations and at this stage can only ask you to accept our sincere apology. Please contact me personally on your next visit and I will assure you of my personal care and attention.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as we need every now and again to be “kept on our toes” and keep up the good name of Kelly’s Resort Hotel.

With good wishes.