“Highly recommended”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have just returned from a fab stay in Kelly's resort. I cannot fault this place. The management and staff have thought of everything to cater for the needs of their guests. We were looked after very well (a special thanks to Emer). My two children (4yrs & 2yrs) really loved the kids club, pirate ship, swimming pool, beach, crazy golf, outdoor games, indoor games.... There was something to keep them entertained from 9am until 9pm. The food is amazing and if you go all inclusive as we did, then be prepared to put on a few pounds.. We didn't have to leave the complex for the 6 days we were there.
I would highly recommend this resort for families with young children. (I believe July/Aug is occupied with slightly older children and they are as well entertained also)
We have booked again for next year.

2  Thank Maud0501
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Maud0501,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Trip Advisor and we are thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s.

I will certainly pass you kind compliments to Emer, she is fantastic especially with children.

We look forward to welcoming back again in 2014.

There are newer reviews for Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Kellys is excellent. I was with my 89 year old mum who treated me. The place has been in existence for years, run still by the Kelly family. The food was excellent, with a large choice from the menu. The service was just super, Donal , extremely experienced, catered for us exquisitely, he is a rare gem these days. I enjoyed the fitness, loved the beach walks ad drove mum around Hook Head and the copper coast. Room had a seaview (room 25 and 26) was rather warm and not directly on the garden, but it was good and very large Not cheap, Kellys never was, but an elite choice. I would most certainly return. The hotel is full up by the way, which says a lot...

1  Thank 449DMcCabe

Dear 449DMCCabe,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our morale in the midst of a busy season.

I will certainly pass you kind compliments on to Donie, he gives 100% always with his customer care.

We look forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Ive stayed in kellys twice now and it a very good hotel . ..the only think i have about kellys is the service charge .. its a very expensive hotel to stay in and den they lump a service charge on top 10% . Which is just rubbish ... ive stayed in many 5 star hotel in ireland and europe and none of them charge 10 % service charge . I would stay more often but that charge is detering me from going back . Its a matter of princible at this stage ..

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank hysterxl
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear hysterxl,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor and we are happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay at Kelly's.

The hotel does operate a 10% service charge which we highlight in all promotional material. As we are a resort hotel, it saves people carrying cash around and is in general understood by our guests, this has been in operation for over 70 years in the hotel. The service goes directly to the staff and is highlighted in all our brochures and on our internet and is also explained when making a booking. Part of the reason for having service charge separately on our tariffs, going back in time, is that service charge was VAT exempt until September 2010. However, now it is difficult to stop as we have a weekly service payment obligation to our staff, many who have been working here for years. However, if you had any issue with service we would be happy to discuss.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again, please feel free to contact me if I can assist further.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed there with my wife and 15 month old son. I cannot fault the place at all. The staff are really friendly, the food is really good, the location is excellent and the place is very child friendly. The great thing is that while they will make sure your children have a great time, they are still mindful that Kellys is a hotel and not a creche; to this end the bar does not allow children in after 6 and the Ivy bar does not allow children after 9 (as far as i remember). There is a small creche facility which will mind the children until 9 and they seem to have baby sitters on tap, who will mind children in your room. If you take the full board option as we did, prepare to put on a few kilos as they will stuff you for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and evening dinner.

We will be back.

Room Tip: the rooms at the back have a sea view, ours looked accross the road to a car park, although there ar...
1  Thank Anthony1405

Dear Anthony 1405,

I will post your review on our staff notice board for all to see.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

On arrival at the hotel, we were met by Billy Kelly, Proprietor, who welcomed us and ofered to carry our bags to our room, which I thought was excellent customer service. All the staff at reception were very nice and helpful, we were told all about the different activities etc for the weekend at the hotel and also trips available to us.

Our room was overlooking the beach and was very comfortable and extremely well decorated.
We went on some beautiful walks around the area, which has some fantastic sceneary. Afternoon tea was served to a very high standard. We then went to the Leisure Centre which had a very wide range of activities including a beautiful swimming pool and outdoor Canadian Tub.

We had an extremlely good evenibng meal, served by friendly and efficient staff. The
restaurant Manager went aroung to all the tables in the restaurant to make sure the people
were satisfied with their meals. Mr. Kelly, himself, also mingled with the residents to make sure
everything was satisfactory.

The hygiene standards in the hotel were excellent, the staff very friendly and efficient and management were available at all times. Entertainment in the evenings was very good, both for old and young. The hotel is very child friendly and has pleanty of activities for children.

I would highly recommend this hotel for either a long or short break.

Room Tip: Choose room overlooking the beach as it is very tranquil and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheila k

Dear Sheila k,

Thank you for your lovely comments on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all the facilities in the Hotel and that my team look after you well.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've been going to Kellys in Rosslare for the past 6 years and I love it. The food, the service, the location, the warm and friendly staff and excellent amenities and award winnig spa keep bringing me back. Kellys has it all. Last year My partner and I played indoor badminton, used their 2 seater bicycles, table tennis and enjoyed the spa. Everytime I return I find new stuff to do and not trip is ever the same.

Fidelma in the Spa is a wonderful masseur. I usually have the Balineese Massage. I'd recommend.

The food is amazing and my favourite time of the day is afternoon tea and homemade cookies at 4pm

The Owner, Bill Kelly takes a hands on approach, helps out in the dining room and checks in with guests during their meals.

The artwork is amazing

I'd recommend to sinles, couples and families. Its an amazing hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jemcmahon

Dear Jemcmahon,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and that the Hotel once again lived up to your expectation.

I will certainly pass on your compliments to Fidelma and indeed all the staff. It will certainly boost their morale at the start of a busy season.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Instant relaxation!And you could never be bored: pool, jacuzzi, outdoor hot tub, walks on beach, cosy reading areas with views, tennis, mini golf, gym, jogging track, etc. The staff make for a good atmosphere with professionalism and friendliness. I noticed in particular how kind they were to anyone with a disability or special needs, despite the hotel being fully booked and busy. Our waitress, unasked, and discreetly, had the melon starter cut up manageably for our relative who is not very dexterous. Another, a member of the housekeeping staff, calmly and in a jolly fashion, successfully explained to an elderly relative how to work the digital radio. A local, she'd worked there for 13 years and seemed to enjoy looking after guests. Full praise to management for letting staff take whatever time is necessary to engage with customers and create a relaxed environment. The floral arrangements are a work of art in themselves. The food isn't quite in the same league as Rolys or Dobbins despite dinner at Dublin prices but is very good with a wide ranging menu. Full marks for a good range of healthy options, including tasty fresh plaice for breakfast. Children are kept well amused with play areas and separate parent/child pool and don't dine in the formal dining room so any unruly or tired children are not imposed on others - and I say this as a parent who respects others' right to peace. A sea view room is an added bonus if you're lucky enough to get one. The signposting around the hotel could be improved as it's a bit of a warren . I think the mortified gentleman who discovered himself in the Ladies' shower area would agree!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Worklife55,

Thank you for your very kind review. I am really delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and that my team looked after you well.

I will certainly pass your compliments onto our upstairs staff, and indeed all the staff, we do pride ourselves in providing the best customer care possible to ensure that each guests enjoys their stay with us. I have made a note regarding to signage which i will certainly look into for our winter work.

We look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

With good wishes.
Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Best Western Rosslare Danby Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!