“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rosslare
“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We just returned from a fantastic weekend at Kelly's.I have never written a review for any hotel before but felt I had to this time.From start to finish this was a great weekend in an amazing hotel.What I think makes it so great,apart from its location,food and spa is the staff who work here.They were so nice and attentive without being intrusive.One of the ladies even put our son lying on the sofa so he would be more comfortable playing his game!The staff at the kids club,especially the girl with the long blond hair were very friendly and well able to manage a big group of kids.Thanks for a fab weekend-we are just trying to work out when we will return!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Smartoes
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Smartoes,
Many thanks for your high recommendation, it was great to hear that you and the children had a great break. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again sometime.

Kind regards,

Bill Kelly & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I have just learned of Trip Advisor hence the reason I am only writing this now in April.My wife and I have many fantastic memories of Kelly's hotel.Our five children are always so excited when they know they are heading to Rosslare and Kelly's . Our eldest girl learned to walk in Kelly's and this is only one of many fantastic family memories we have.The reason for all of this is the whole team who work in Kelly's simply want to make your ,their guests ,experience a wonderful one . The food, ambience, luxury, location , warm welcome and there attention to detail are second to none.kelly's is truly a home from home where everything is easy and relaxed . Every one should visit ar least once a year and experience first hand the magic of Kelly's. We will be back in October to celebrate our wedding anniversary !!!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Byebal
Dear Byebal,
Many thanks for your high recommendation, would you like a job on our Marketing Team??? I love that "Home from Home" idea, it is what we are all about.

It is always a great pleasure to see people returning each year; it gives us confidence that we are providing good customer care and service, which is our priority. It is especially rewarding when we see generation after generation arriving, for us its like building a family. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Bill Kelly & Team
Dublin. Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We joined extended family at this Hotel for a weekend. The Hotel offers Rest and Relaxation. We doubted that this could happen with family. We were proven wrong. We were individually greeted from the offset. We were made to feel very welcome. We separately partook of most of the Hotels extensive array of facilities. They were super. We did have Rest and Relaxation in abundance. We also wined and diner like Kings and Queens. When it was time to checkout we were sorry to have to do so. We will be back. A most enjoyable experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BerchmansG
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear BerchmansG,
Thank you so much for your very kind letter and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and that you got lots of R&R!

Your review is certainly a great boost to us at the start of a busy season. I have posted your letter on our staff notice board for all to see.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Tramore, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is just a fantastic place to go and relax for a few days. Overall great hotel lots of activities. It is on the beach so lovely walks before breakfast. Lovely aqua centre. Great spa with lovely therapists. Very friendly staff excellent food. Fantastic facilities for babies and children. Beautiful garden so much to do :-) I could go on and on..I don't want to leave.......well done to all the staff at Kelly's keep up the good work. If you want a lovely few days away this is the place to go and I would not hesitate to recommend it and the sun shone which is a bonus!

Room Tip: We had a beach side room with a beautiful view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank deisecailin
Dear Deisecailin,
Thank you so much for your very kind review, I just wanted to let you know that the sun always shines in the Sunny South East! We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your breakaway.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked a single night in Kelly’s Hotel in Rosslare to make catching the ferry back to England the next morning stress free and easy.

Check in was a pleasure, the receptionist realised that I’d have to leave too early for breakfast so immediately arranged for a room service breakfast at 7am – which arrived spot on time the next morning. A pot of coffee arrived a few moments after arriving in my room, another welcome touch.

My room, on the top floor above the Spa complex was attractive: well and tastefully furnished with a neat separate sitting area. The bathroom with large shower and separate bath was provided with more than enough of everything and was a pleasure to use.
Kelly’s positions its self as a resort hotel and the lack of Wi-Fi and tea making in the room supports this. But both are a bit of a negative and these days all 4 star hotels are expected to have Wi-Fi in every room – we all have smart phones don’t we?

I took my evening meal in the Bistro: the menu was good, service impeccable and they offer a good selection of half bottles of wine, perfect for the solo traveller. I had grilled mussels with garlic butter: truly excellent, followed by a great Irish rib-eye steak served with Lyonnais potatoes and perfectly cooked vegetables. I’d ordered a side salad but it was more than I needed, the portion sizes on the main dish were more than enough, so I passed on desserts and left the restaurant comfortably satisfied.

As a resort or base for a holiday Kelly’s is recommended, but for the business traveller the lack of Wi-Fi is a serious issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jenkspj
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Jenkspj, Many thanks for your high recommendation. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again sometime.

At the moment we only have Wifi on all the ground floor rooms, but we are in the process of extending this throughout the property. Most of our guests are supposed to be on holidays so we didn't want them working around the clock!

We will have it in for your next visit!

Many thanks and kind regards,

Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

my wife organised a 50TH surprise here for me.While the meal was excellent the surprise element was a total let down as she had requested that I did not know.On check in the front desk called out the names of all my family members who were staying which was supposed to be a surprise and my wife had clearly stated that I did know they were coming, also she request no prices on the menu this did not happen.When this was brought to the attention of the management she was totally fobbed off for a establishment of this supposed caliber I found this quite unacceptable and it totally ruined the occasion for her.

Room Tip: rooms at the back for sea view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank lockieIreland
Dear LockieIreland,

We were delighted you all had an enjoyable stay with us despite the fact that we ruined your Birthday surprise and we did not follow through with your special requests which Sinead had made very clear in your reservation. I sincerely apologise. We cater for special occasions on a daily basis and we should not have overlooked the details from check in – to the menu in Beaches at Dinner. Your special menus were printed and in Beaches Restaurant, which makes the whole situation more annoying.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and at this stage we can only ask you to accept our sincere apology. I have spoken to the various team members so this situation does not occur again, we very much appreciate Guests feedback and suggestions which will help us continuously improve our service.

With very best wishes and I hope we will see you again.

Kind Regards

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend have been to Kellys a few times now, this time was to celebrate our 6 year anniversary. It's always an amazing holiday there, but this time was the best 3 days we've spent down there.
The mud chamber and spa pool were absolutely amazing, the food was stunning as always (I still have dreams about the garlic crab claws!), the staff were so so lovely (especially the poor ones who made us delicious cocktails in the evenings!!) they really took care of us, especially the lovely Billy Kelly who was around taking an interest in his guests as always, and the junior suite was an amazing room, so bright and big.
Kellys has guests for life with us, best holiday out

Room Tip: We've stayed on both floors and on both sides of the hotel and all the rooms are really lovely...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jan H
Dear Jan H,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your anniversary celebrations at Kelly's. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guests returning year after year. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination.

I will certainly pass on your compliments on to all the Management Team, Seaspa Team, Kitchen team and all other areas in the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards.
Bill Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 6 in Wexford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,434 reviews

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!