“Enjoyable trip,,”

Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
“Enjoyable trip,,”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time to stay at Kelly's, and we were not disappointed. Heard many reviews previous, and it lived up to them, it really does cater for the kids, food was fabulous, rooms were fine. We were on half board, and I thought it appeared expensive at €255/night, but when you consider how good the food was, it wasn't as bad.
I just had one main negative, when we were there a good few, always 5-6 people always seemed to be in the ivy room (bar/eating) area in bath robes. I understand people just moving between room/pool/spa etc. and maybe stopping for a few minutes but when you see people sitting down to breakfast in robes only, or a gentleman sitting drinking pints for a few hours beside the bar, (and not the build of daniel craig), I don't think it ties I with all the other impressive aspects of the place.
It wouldn't stop me returning, and I know it's nice to make people feel at home, but if you want to relax in bath robes, Kelly's have plenty of lovely places to do so, I.e pool side, spa, your room balcony etc., and I think they should be gently reminded of same.

Thanks for a lovely stay,

Jim J.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jim J
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Jim J,

Thank you so much for your very kind letter and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Kelly's Resort.

I appreciate your comments on the robes, although I understand your feeling on the issue, it is a difficult one to fix! In may ways we encourage our guest to ware the robes, although not in the dining room.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Bill Kelly and Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 4, 2013

It does what you expect-very relaxing with lovely staff. I have just returned from two nights with dinner. The first day the hotel seemed very cold and some areas were uncomfortably so but this seemed better the second day so it may just have been the extreme cold of the weather and the winds. The rooms were good and we got a sea view which was lovely- also thank you for the card and sparkling wine for our anniversary. The thermal spa area was just OK but too cold on the day we were there and not very friendly and inviting (the area not the people). I have been in much better spas and it would take very little to improve this. My husband and I both had treatments and they and the treatment rooms were excellent and good value. Dinner int he dining room was lovely each night. Breakfast was disappointing as i do not enjoy a cooked breakfast but the continental option was available in the Ivy rooms which was full of children and not a very relaxing start to the day- not sure why it can't be available in the main dining room as well for people without children. Overall it was a pleasant stay-probably not as luxurious as I had been led to expect but the luxury is in the atmosphere-lots of people lying around reading all day, the beach at your doorstep and a good dinner at night. It looked as though most people never left the hotel. If this is what you want Kelly's is the place to go!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marieb5
Dear MarieB5,

We genuinely appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary celebrations at Kelly's.

My apologies with regard to the Spa area been cold, it is most unusual even in cold weather, I think we may have had a issue with a boiler. It is a pity you did not mention the issue with the Buffet in Beaches Restaurant, everything at the Buffet is also available in Beaches Restaurant.

I am very glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and had the opportunity to relax and enjoy the excellent facilities that we have on offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kelly’s in the near future.

Best wishes

Bill Kelly and Team
dublin
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My first stay in over two years and I now wonder how I stayed away so long??? Husband and I were greeted so warmly on arrival. Had a lovely room with a sea view. The rooms are a very comfortable 4 star standard with spacious bathroom. Although Kellys can seem expensive the rate does include all meals (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner) and the food is fine dining standard. The food is equivalent to the best meals Ive had in expensive restaurants. Ive never had a bad meal here so credit to the chefs!! I must mention the staff. They are a well oiled machine with quick friendly unobtrusive service. They are a credit to the Hotel right from management to the smiling chamber maids. I had an especially lovely spa treatment this time..sheer indulgence. The ESPA spa is one of the best Ive seen beating ones Ive experienced in 5 star properties. There is plenty for families and couples alike. We partook of some crazy golf and table tennis and managed a stroll on the beach.One suggestion-wi fi in the bedrooms.I know its available in common areas but would be beneficial in the rooms also. Thank you for a lovely stay and we will be back in the summer. Don't hesitate to book Kellys as you will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: A sea view is always a bonus but rooms to the front are nice for people watching and for families a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank babydoll27
Dear Babydoll27,

It is always a great pleasure to see people returning each year; it gives us confidence that we are providing good customer care and service, which is our priority.

I am very glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the excellent facilities in Seaspa. We are in the process of increasing the wifi to all bedrooms in the hotel, so hopefully we will have it in place for your next visit.

Your comments are certainly a great boost to us at the start of a busy summer season. I have posted your letter on our staff notice board for all to see.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

With good wishes.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I spent a short Easter break with my children (9 and 11). I always thought that Irish Hotels never managed to pull off the kids club type holiday, where parents are rendered almost redundant by fun activities with competent kid club staff. Well Kelly's managed to surpass any experience I have had in hotels abroad. The children had a wonderful time (so much so we ended staying there until 6pm after check out!). Now not to paint a picture of a hotel that is only suitable for families, my partner expressed dismay when I said how great it was for families with kids. However I was able to assure her that it was like two hotels, one section for kids, one for couples or singles looking for a destress break. I cannot describe how professional the staff are in accommodating your every need. Whilst I only savoured the food in the Bistro for dinner (ivy for breakfast and lunch) the food is top class at quite affordable prices. I did have a small issue with the bathroom door handle which was not rectified during my stay which i was surprised with. However it does not stop me from saying that it is possibly the best hotel experience in Ireland if not in Europe. Well Done Kelly's.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank MartinIrl
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear MartinIrl,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are delighted you and your family enjoyed your Easter break at Kelly's. We pride ourselves in providing good customer service and always look forward to seeing our guests returning year after year. It gives us great sense of achievement that we are providing an excellent holiday destination.

I will certainly pass on your compliments on to all the Team. My apologies about the bathroom handle, it is most unusual for it not to be fixed immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in 2014.

Kind regards.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a meal at Kelly's last Friday March 22nd for a family occasion and were delighted with the food and most especially the service. One of the children tipped over a drink and within seconds there were two staff there to clean it up. The quality of the children's menu is excellent and the portion sizes were spot on. There were bouncy castles laid on free of charge for the children during the afternoon, which was a welcome surprise as the weather was truly awful and they could not have played outside. Would love to return for an overnight stay in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear EAAKA 2007,

We are delighted you and your family and friends enjoyed your meal and more importantly that the team looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay on you next visit.

Kind regards,

Bill Kelly & Team
South West
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting relatives and visited the restaurant for a meal. The food was amazing, nothing was too much trouble either. The owner also came round and visited all the tables which was a lovely touch really recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Nightwood
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. Delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience in one of our two restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Kind regards
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Kelly's is without doubt a family hotel where generations of guests return with their nearest and dearest and enjoy the familiar surroundings of this long established, family run hotel. Friendly, professional staff members are the key strength of this hotel, and without them it would not be the resort it is. The art collection that adorns every free wall throughout the hotel is worth the trip alone, and walks along the beautiful strand are a must. Rooms in the older part of the building are adequate, warm, well equipped but are certainly not luxurious. Sound is a big issue and I'd recommend you bring ear plugs in order to get a peaceful night's sleep. I had to get up at 1.30am and ask a group of people on the corridor to keep the noise down or move.
The spa is beautifully designed and decorated but somehow feels like a conveyor belt of treatment after treatment.
Dinner is a wonderful experience and the restaurant at Kellys is a master class of Irish artists. Food is again at conveyor belt speed, but suberb in quality, freshness and flavours.
After dinner, people seem to sit about in the corridors and reception rooms with feet up, zimmer frames parked and books in hand - very off putting for the younger generation, but in fairness, the younger generation are in the clear minority at Kellys!
All in all, a chilled family experience for the older generation

Room Tip: Sea facing in the new part of the building
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank skherbert
Dear Skherbert,

We are delighted you enjoyed your meal at Kelly's Resort. Thank you for taking the time to review the property.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards
Bill Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Talbot Wexford
Talbot Wexford
#4 of 5 in Wexford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,593 reviews

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!