“Wouldn't change a thing”

and 1 more site!
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rosslare
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My friend and I drove down for an overnight after they had received a last minute cancellation.. What a Treat!! I would usually 'critique' a place with a "you know what would make this place better...", well there was nothing! The staff was unbelievable, the food was very good, but the Spa was heaven. Incredibly well done, from the steam room to the sauna to the salt water pool and heated lounge chairs to the showers in the changing rooms. My friend had a 'mud' treatment, and I had a wonderful massage after which I was taken to a 'relaxation room' and served tea and had a nap!
After our afternoon in the spa, we had a full dinner and drinks afterward with live music. We walked along the beautiful beach at night, but felt very safe. After breakfast the next day we had a swim and Sauna then lunch!
There were many children around,but they all seemed to be well entertained by a camp counselars . There seemed plenty to keep everyone happy, adults and children alike!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank ready2go59
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our moral in the midst of a busy season.

Delighted you enjoyed the Spa and will certainly pass on your comments to all concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

So this isn't technically a review about a stay but last Sunday (07.08.11) I barrelled through the doors of Kelly's Hotel in a panic pulling my crying child behind me. He just been stung inside his throat by a wasp, he couldn't swallow anything and I had no idea whether he was allergic to wasps or where a doctor was to be found on Sunday in Rosslare and we were pretty freaked out.

Everyone who helped us from the porter at the desk and the ladies in reception to the man I think was a manager, a lady called Anne and Dr. Paul (who may or may not be connected to the hotel) was brilliant. They just jumped straight to action, found us a doctor, contacted the emergency care centre, got us medicine and generally convinced us that nothing terrible was going to happen. They were just so fantastic and I couldn't be more grateful.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Donna K
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Thank you for your review on TripAdisvor. We are so delighted that your son was ok. I will certainly pass your compliments and appreciation on to Eamonn our Duty Manager, Dr Paul who is a regular guests and all the other staff members who assist you.

Look forward to seeing you again in Rosslare soon.

Kind regars

Reviewed August 8, 2011

It was my birthday in July and we always go away for it my husband suggested this hotel as he came as a child. My review is based on a young couple 30 something. The hotel is very expensive and would be worth it if you had children with you as their meals activities are free but for us it was not worth it we were asked on arrival if we wanted half board full board or b&b we went for half board we were told we would get breakfast dinner and afternoon tea cost for 2 nights was 580 we had dinner which was free but was e43 pp and it turned out the afternoon tea was free to everyone anyway so we were out of pocket. The decor is very old fashioned and dull there are actually pictures of nuns all over the place. The food was amazing menu changed regulary and children not allowed in dining room the service was excellent we felt a lot out of place as I was the only woman without a Louis vitton bag seriously the view and gardens are amazing and it's right on the beach at night there was music with the older ppl doing the foxtrot on the floor again we felt out of place. An hour or so into our visit I noticed we were surrounded by a lot of elderly ppl wheelchairs everywhere! While getting a very poor manicure which I had to remove I asked is this hotel mostly for older ppl she said yes this is not bad u should see it in sept when kids are back in school the swim and spa facilities are wonderful the food amazing great service and clean but it's not for a young middle class couple I got to checkout was feeling peeved by being overcharged for going half board when I got charged an extra e70 for service charges I was not told in advance about this and when asked still wasn't explained to me I was outraged they had already charged so much the vat decrease was not applied to my account either

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank amandarounddworld
bkellyRosslare, Owner at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear Ms Fahy,

Further to your letter on Trip Advisor, that only came to my attention today. I and all our team were happy that you enjoyed the food and the gardens, but most upset and disappointed to hear that Kelly’s did not live up to your expectations during your weekend visit in July.

We realise that you had requested a seaview room for your special celebration and regret that it was not possible on this occasion, as it was the Bank Holiday weekend and all our Seaview rooms were pre booked for that week. We regret you were peeved by the price on departure, your half board rate included B&B, Dinner, afternoon tea and all the activities of the hotel, this is better value than buying B&B plus Dinner. The lower VAT rate of 9% was indeed applied to your account, as has been the case with all charges since July 1st. The Service charge is added to all bills and this is advertised in all our brochures, internet information and explained when making your booking.

We regret that you didn’t like our décor, the hotel has a large collection of Irish and International art, the series of four Nuns are in fact a piece of art by Jackie Nickerson from a series called “Faith” recently exhibited in New York. The nightly entertainment does change every evening and varies with the audience.

We try hard to keep the standards up and regret that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. It is a pity you did not mention any of this to me during your visit. Please contact me personally and I would be happy to discuss your stay with us.

With good wishes.

Yours sincerely,

Bill Kelly,
Managing Director

Reviewed August 3, 2011

i went for lunch there last week and as soon as i stepped in the front door it just seemed to relax all of us. all staff were smiling and all public areas were bright and cheery. we had food in their bistro and it was very tasty. after we walked around the back of the hotel and it could have been the french riviera. right on the beach, everyone in relaxed mode, wonderful....

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank jons6905
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you for your very kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal at La Marine and that my team looked after you well. I will certainly post your comments on our staff notice board for all to see.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bill Kelly.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

we travelled to kellys this weekend for our daughters 8 ~ birthday .once we arrived we were treated to a welcome that immediatly made us feel at home .complementary newspaper comfortable lounges to sit in .we had sunday lunch at 1 o clock lovely menu very fast attentive sevice.A lovely welcome by hotel owner BILL KELLY and manager EDDIE CULLEN both men met every guest with a smile and a few welcoming words .
BILL surprised our daughter with a birthday cake and candles which made her day.we have told so many people of our visit to kellys since we got home because attention and service like this is hard to find .I wish this hotel well and we will return very soon . FOOD # EXCELLENT. SERVICE#EXCEPTIONAL.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank murraygrangeford

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that your daughter enjoyed her 8th Birthday at Kelly's. I will certainly pass on your comments to the staff who will be delighted; it will certainly boost them coming to the end of busy summer season. We pride ourselves is making every occasion a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming back for many more anniversaries to come.

Kind regards.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The accommodations, activities, food, beautiful view, and great personnel made our stay one to remember. We would strongly recommend to anyone visiting Ireland.
Close to the City of Wexford for shopping ... many good shops. The people in area are very friendly. We would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank JamesF42

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests and your kind comments will certainly help to boost our moral coming to the end of a busy season. We appreciate your recommendations to your friends.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Kelly's in the near future.

kind regards

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We have just returned from a wonderful week in Kellys. We stayed full board and everything was included(except drinks). We have been going to Kellys for many years and our family love it. We have 3 kids and this is the perfect place for them.
There are many activities for them and the teams that run the camps are brilliant. There is a big Pirate Ship climbing frame which is over sand and fully enclosed, very safe for kids to run out and play while you sit and enjoy your afternoon tea. A well stocked creche/ play room that you can drop off the under 4's or stay and play with them. The TV room has a pool table, table tennis and also an area with Nintendo WII. There are two swimming pools. Our kids have learned to swim at Kellys. They offer private lessons which are reasonable and very good. Liam had our kids swimming within a few days. There is crazy golf in the garden as well as a tennis court. (Golf clubs and tennis available at the gym reception) Also a soccer pitch and tennis across the road from the hotel, and indoor courts for bad weather, all also owned by the hotel. The hotel is located right on the beach, we spent a couple of afternoons digging in the sand.
We stay in the family rooms, we all sleep in the same room and they are a little small but that doesn't bother us now. The kids love it. The rooms are serviced to a high standard everyday.
We all eat in the Ivy room for breakfast and lunch. This is self service and there is an extensive variety of food that suit us all. The kids eat their dinner there also, and enjoy the daily disco/entertainment at 6pm. Then they can be signed into the TV room to enjoy movies while mum and dad dress up and have a wonderful dinner in The Beaches restaurant. The hotel has a list of babysitters if the kids are too young to stay up late. We have had sitters and they all have been lovely. The food in the Beaches is always very good and the menu changes everyday. Lots of lovely fresh fish, and lots of other choices too. Whipped ice cream for dessert which is a wonderful touch. It has a great wine list and very good value. There is also baby room with formula, jars of baby food, milk on tap and sterilizers, etc.
In addition to all the activities for the kids, there are as many for adults, loads of competitions run each week, golf, soccer, bowls, tennis, table quiz and many more. We have not taken part in these as yet, we sign the kids into the camps and spend the day lounging on the couches reading and drinking tea. If you want to be active and get involved, there is lots to do.

The one thing that places Kellys above the rest are their staff. All the staff are so helpful. From the moment we check in, the staff are at hand to look after everything, nothing is too much trouble. Lovely relaxed gentile service, a smile and a chat if time permits. Thats what makes the difference. Cant wait until next year!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank FSRAC
bkellyRosslare, General Manager at Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you so much for your very kind letter on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kelly’s and that the Hotel lived up to your expectation.

A lot of our guests avail of the full board packages as all your meals are included. I will certainly pass your comments onto Liam and to all the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bill Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosslare
Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Riverbank House Hotel
Riverbank House Hotel
#3 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!